Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Nurseries

Allie’s POV

It has been a couple of weeks since the fiasco with Steven and things were much better. Mom didn’t have to worry about him coming after her since he was going to be spending ten years in prison and then wasn’t allowed within a hundred feet of mom, me, or even our kids when the time comes. Jordan has been a bit more jumpy and protective since the Steven thing, he got a security system put into the house, and has been staying over at my apartment more and more.

Mom and I having been spending a lot time together, picking out things for all three babies and anything else we might need for the house. It was nice having mom pregnant at the same time as I was because we always went shopping together and she was able to help me with everything. She‘s been a godsend when it comes to shopping for things for the babies because I was clueless. Today we were picking out cribs and mom and I weren‘t alone. We brought along Jordan, Alaina, and Sidney because we were going to need help with carrying the things we bought

“Allie, are you planning on doing the whole matching thing with the girls?” Alaina asked, looking through some of the bedding.

I looked at Jordan and shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe for some things. I want them to be different.” I told her, looking at the cribs and carriers. “Jordan, how do you like doing one crib pink and the other one purple?”

“I like that idea. We can paint the room pink and purple too.” He smiled.

I smiled up at him and gave him a kiss. I was so happy, Jordan was so excited about being father, at first he wasn’t and I was afraid he was going to break up with me and leave me, but he didn’t. Instead he bought a house big enough for the soon to be four of us and my mom and brother. He was taking the role of a family man quite well. I knew some of the guys on the team were picking on him, but the married men all knew how he felt. Tanya told me Eric did the same thing.

“Babe?” Jordan called looking at me. I shook my head and looked at him. He was talking to a sales associate about the cribs we wanted. “You wanted the pink and purple ones right?” He asked, double checking.

I smiled at the two men and joined them. “Yes. Do you have any carriers that are pink and purple as well?” I asked.

The sales associate smiled and lead the way to the baby carriers where Jordan and I picked out the ones we liked. I even found one that mom would probably like for Logan. I left Jordan in charge of getting the cribs and carriers while I went and found mom looking at changing tables.

“Guess I’m going to need one of those as well.” I laughed.

Mom chuckled and smiled at me. “I would say we could just get one and share, but it would be way to complicated.”

“I know.” I smiled and rubbed my growing stomach. “I found a carrier for Logan,” I told her.

“That’s great, Sidney helped me pick out his crib, he’s taking it to the car now.”

“Let’s go look at some clothes. We can always come back to get other furniture we need.” I suggested, pulling my mom’s arm. Her, Alaina, and I spent almost an hour filling our cart with clothes for the babies.

“Girls, are you ready to go?” Jordan asked, wrapping his arms around my waist. “We still have to stop at the house and drop off the cribs and things.”

We all nodded and went to checkout and then made our way to the house. Since Jordan, mom, and I have been slowly moving our things over from the apartment to the house, we decided to spend some more time there unpacking. Jordan and I already had a few things set up in the master bedroom and we were slowly getting the quest bedroom together. Jordan and Sidney had promised to get the nursery together, so I didn’t have to worry about that. My aunt had shipped all of my mom’s things and she was slowly getting her in-law suite set up. When we were satisfied with the amount of work we got done, the three of us went back to the apartment.

That night Jordan and I were laying in bed, watching TV.

“Hey Allie.” Jordan said, looking down at me.

“Yeah?”

“Have you thought of any names for the girls?”

I sat up and leaned against the head board. “Not really no, I mean have been throwing some names together. What about you?”

He shook his head. “What are the names you’ve come up with?”

“Well I like Karly May and Emma Grace.”

“Karly May Staal and Emma Grace Staal, I like them.” He smiled

“You do? I just put them together.”

He smiled that Staal smiled and nodded. “I do, I think those should be their names.“

“For real? I mean we still have six months to come up with names.”

Jordan placed a kiss on my lips. “I like them. Karly May and Emma Grace.” He placed his hands on my stomach. “So tomorrow before practice. Kris, Sidney, and Flower are coming over to the house to help me paint the rooms and then after practice we are going to go back and put the finishing touches on them”

“Are you going to do mom’s wing as well?” I asked, sliding down so I was finally laying down.

“Yeah, Sidney said he promised your mom that he would take care of it.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. Sidney was wrapped around my mom’s finger, it was funny. Alaina thought so too. “Well that sounds great. I guess mom and I will continue packing things up here.”

“That sounds like a plan. I’m almost done with my crap in the apartment, so all my things should be at the house soon.”

“Okay, I can’t wait to move in. Who are our first overnight visitors going to be?”

“If we move in by the end of next month, Marc. If not, then I don’t know.”

“Well we are in no rush right?”

“Right, I just want to have the perfect place for us.” Jordan said kissing my softly.

I smiled at him. “It’s already is perfect, we are together and healthy. That is all I can ask for.” I kissed him again and the let out a huge yawn.

Jordan turned the TV and lights off and climbed back into bed and laid next to me, placing his hand on my stomach.

“I love you Allie.” He whispered, kissing my neck.

“I love you too, Jordan.”

“Good night Karly and Emma. I love you as well.” He said and tears burned my eyes. This was for real.

The next day, Leah, Vero, and Alaina all came over to our apartment to help my mom and I pack the rest of our things. I never realized how much crap Alaina and I managed to collect in the year and half that we’ve lived in Pittsburgh until now. The five of us were having a great time laughing and carrying on about nothing and everything, we were enjoying having some girl bonding time. I told my friends what Jordan and I decided to name our girls.

“Those are beautiful names, Allie.” Vero gushed

“Thanks, V. I told Jordan that we could think of others but he wants to name them that.” I shrugged, piling DVDs into a box.

“So Sharon, Sidney told me that he was doing Logan’s room.” Leah smiled.

My mom nodded and continued with her task, a smile on her face. “He is”

“You know, there is going to be something Penguins related in there don’t you?” Alaina asked with a smile. I knew she knew what was going in that room. There was no way in hell Sidney knew how to decorate.

My mom laughed. “Yeah I know, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he is going to be surrounded by the boys so it would happen eventually.”

Vero laughed. “Even though his father isn’t a hockey player, you are carrying the next hockey legend I believe.”

“You really are.” Leah added. “He’s going to have Jordan as a brother-in-law and an entire hockey team just waiting for him to be old enough to put skates on.”

“Um, Leah. Jordan isn’t Logan’s brother-in-law.” I pointed out. Everybody stopped and looked at me. “What?” I asked.

‘You’re kidding me right?” Alaina asked. “You and Jordan are the next ones to get married. Even if you don’t, Jordan is still the father of Logan’s nieces.” She laughed. “Wow, that was weird to say.”

“That was weird to hear.” I laughed. It was still taking me some time to wrap my head around the fact that my brother was only going to be two months older than my girls. “And I totally say that Marc and Vero are the next ones to get married.”

Vero was about to say something, but her ringing cell phone stopped her. She slipped into French, so we all knew that she was talking to Marc. When she hung we all looked at her.

“The guys are about done. They want us to start heading over.” She announced getting off the floor.

“Let’s load some of these boxes into the car as well. We can drop them off.” Mom said, slipping her feet into some sneakers.

The ride to the house took a bit longer since it was rush hour, but when we finally got there I was excited. I couldn‘t wait to see what the girls‘ room was going to look like. The only thing I told Jordan was what colors I wanted in the room, he had free range of everything else. When I unlocked the door I was greeted with the sound of loud music and the smell of paint.

“Boys!” I shouted. “We’re here!” I looked above me when I heard the music shut off and Jordan appeared on the landing.

“Hey baby.” He smiled, coming down the steps and gave me a hug and a kiss. The rest of the guys followed Jordan’s lead and went to their girls.

I laughed at all of them, they all had pink, purple, blue, and gold paint on their bodies. “Did you guys have a paint fight?” I giggled.

“No,” Jordan smiled and I knew he was lying.

“There better just be paint on the walls or you guys will all be in pain.” I threatened and heard my friends chuckle.

“Chill, Allie. The paint is where it should be.” Kris smiled.

“Good.”

Jordan clapped his hands together, grabbing everyone’s attention. “Okay, Sharon, Allie, are you two ready to see what we’ve done?” He asked, leading us to the stairs the lead to mom’s wing of the house. “Sharon, we are going to show you yours first since we only did one room.”

Mom nodded and followed behind Sidney and Jordan. I hung back, letting her get the first glimpse of Logan’s room. I looked over at Alaina who was smiling, I raised an eyebrow at her but she just shook me off. I heard mom gasp and I walked into the room and gasped as well. The walls were simple, two of them were blue and the other two were white. The crib mom had picked out, with Sidney’s help, was up against the far wall. The wall had a picture of penguins and the other wall, where mom was going to put the changing table, had the Pittsburgh Penguins emblem on it. I had to give it to Sidney, it was all Pittsburgh Penguins themed like I thought it was going to be.

“You guys, this is wonderful. Thank you so much.” My mom told them, tears in her eyes. She gave each boy a hug.

“You’re more than welcome Sharon.” Sidney said. “Thank you for letting me help you.”

My mom blushed and waved him off. Soon our party was moving upstairs to the twins’ room. The door had a sign on it that said, GIRLS’ LOCKER ROOM. I giggled when I saw it and to my surprise I saw Marc-Andre blush. That was his doing. Slowly I opened the door and gasped, tears spring to my eyes. The walls were a light pink with a purple border on the top and bottoms of the wall. Throughout the room, on the walls, were tiny butterflies. Jordan had put the cribs together and set them up next to each other. The rocking chair that we had ordered was sitting in the corned near the window. Above each crib were the girls’ names written in beautiful script.

“That’s why you wanted to know names.” I smiled through my tears. I turned to my boyfriend and friends.
“Thank you guys so much. The room is beautiful.”

Jordan came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “You’re more than welcome baby. Now, I’m not going to lie. I had someone come in a do the names because there was no way in hell I was going to be able to write them so neatly.”

I turned in his arms and smiled at him. “I love it. I love you.” I kissed him.

“I’m glad.” He smiled. I love you too.”

Jordan had one more room to show me that he had finished, our bedroom. The walls were a beautiful golden yellow and he had the bed set up, along with a dresser and night stand. Once the tour was done and we unloaded the car, our group headed out to eat and then split up. When we got home, I went straight to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited