Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Your Presence Has Been Requested

Three months later

It has been three months since the Penguins lost to the Canadians in the playoffs. Three months since Jordan got his surgery, well his first one, in July he had to get a second one because he got an infection, but he was doing well. He’s on crutches but in good spirits considering everything he’s been through. We were officially moved into our house and happy as ever. Earlier this month Mom, Jordan, and I made a trip to Cole Harbor for Alaina and Sidney‘s wedding. It was huge and beautiful and I even managed to fit into my dress. Now all the players were heading back to Pittsburgh to start training camp. This season was going to be interesting, the team lost many players, but they also gained a ton of new guys, also the Penguins had a new home ice at the Consol Energy Center. Of course Jordan was bummed that he wasn’t able to go to training camp, but he was working on getting closer to playing again.

Tonight Jordan and I were throwing a party to welcome everyone back to the city. It was also a house warming party.

“Is everything ready?” I asked, coming down the stairs.

“Chill Allie, the guys won’t care if everything isn’t in order.” Jordan laughed

“Jordan, be nice to her.” Linda told her son. “Yes, dear everything is all set.”

“Thank you Linda.” I smiled at the older woman. “Jord, have you seen my mom?”

“No not recently. I think she might still be in her wing.”

I nodded and went to the staircase that led to the in law suite in the house. I walked to her bedroom and knocked on the closed door.

“Come in.” I head my mom say quietly.

I pushed open the door and saw my mom laying in bed with a look on her face. “Mom, are you okay?” I asked her, sitting next to her on the bed.

She shook her head. “No, I think I’m going into labor. I was on my way down to your place when I got this sharp pain in my stomach. My water hasn’t broken yet, but it won’t be long.”

I got up and grabbed mom’s cell phone and dialed Jordan’s number. I told him about mom and that we needed to go to the hospital.

“Allie, he’s not coming for a long time. You guys don’t have to spend all night at the hospital with me. I want you to have a fun night with you friends.” She told me.

“But, I want to be there.”

“And you will be, you think I’m going to let you miss a birth?” She laughed. “I’ll ask Linda to go with me and then I’ll have her call you when it’s close.”

I nodded that would work for me. “I’m at least going with you to make sure you are settled and everything.” I told her as I packed her bag. There was a knock at the ‘front door’ and when I went to open it I saw Henry standing there.

“I hear someone needs to be escorted to the hospital.”

“Yep,” I smiled at him. I showed him to mom’s room. Henry smiled at me mom before helping her off the bed and down the steps. When we got downstairs some of the guys had already started showing up and Linda was in a tizzy.

“Allie, Henry and I are going to go with Sharron. I will call you when she’s close to delivering. Have fun here and we will see you later.” She placed a kiss on my cheek and took mom’s bag from me before following Henry and my mom out the door.

“What’s going on?” Marc-Andre asked.

I smiled. “My mom went into labor.” I turned to the goalie and gave him a hug. “How was your summer Flower?”

He laughed. “You just saw me at the beginning of the month.”

“Well things could have changed since then.”

“My summer was good, but I’m glad to be back in Pittsburgh. How are you doing?”

I smiled. “I’m doing good. Things are getting better around here with Jordan and everything. Now that mom is on her way to the hospital, things are going to get crazy again soon. Especially since I’m due in two months.” I smiled.

“Are you excited?” Vero asked, coming up to us.

I bit my lip. “Yes, but at the same time I’m also nervous.”

“Don’t be nervous, you are going to be a wonderful mother. I’ve seen you with the other wives’ children and you are prefect.”

I gave Vero a hug. “Thanks Vero.” the party was in full swing and everyone was having a great time. I was sitting on the couch talking to Sandra and Leah when my phone started ringing. I smiled when I saw Linda’s name on the screen.

“Jordan, it’s your mom!” I called before answering my phone. “Hey Linda.”

“Sweetheart, your presence has been requested at the hospital.” I could hear the smile in her voice.

“We will be there as quick as we can. Tell mom to hold on.” I hung up the phone and looked around the room. When I didn’t spot my best friend I yelled for her.

“Why are you yelling?” she asked from behind me.

I jumped a little and turned to look at her. “Can you or Sid drive Jordan and I to the hospital? Mom is in labor.”

“Of course.” She smiled before going off to find Sidney and I went off to find Jordan. I found him standing in the kitchen, talking to Pascal and Max.

“Jordan, we need to go. Your mom just called, mom is in labor.” I smiled and Jordan smiled too.

The two other men shot smiles at me and each gave me a hug. “Don’t worry, we will clear everyone out of here for you guys.” Max told us.

“Thanks guys.”

***

Twenty minutes later Alaina, Sidney, Jordan, and I made out way through the hospital to the maternity wing. When we reached the nurses desk I was a little out of breath. Too much walking too fast for a chick with twins.

“I’m looking for Sharron Summers’ room.” I told the bored looking nurse.

“What’s your relation?”

I took a deep breath to keep myself from losing my cool with her. She was just doing her job. “I’m her daughter.” I told her.

She sent me a smile and nodded her head. “Room 41 B.”

“Thank you.”

Quickly the four of us made our way to mom’s room. Right as we walked into her room, a contraction hit and she was screaming. I cringed, she sounded like she was in pain and I was going to have to go through that in two months.

I put on a brave face and sat next to mom on the bed. “How are you feeling mom?” I asked.

“I’ve been better. I’m about as good as can be expected when something is trying to come out from inside you.” She chuckled. She looked over at Jordan and smiled. “You better start taking notes, because you two will be right here in two months.”

Linda and Henry looked at their son and chuckled. Sidney and Alaina said hello to my mom before slipping out to the waiting room just as Doctor Richards came into the room.

“How are you feeling Sharron?” he asked washing his hands.

“Like I told Allie, I’m doing as well as can be expected everything considering.”

The doctor chuckled. “Speaking of Allie. How are you doing?”

I smiled. “I’m going good, I’m ready for the girls to be here already though, This has been a very long seven months.”

“Soon, sooner that you think.” He smiled.

I was ready for Karly and Emma to get here, I was excited to be a mom and I knew Jordan was excited to be a dad. But what I wasn’t ready for was the pain of labor, and that night I figured it out on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited