Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Two is Better Than One

A year and half later

I stood looking at myself in the mirror, trying to calm my nerves. Today was the day I’ve been waiting for almost two years now. I was an hour away from becoming Mrs. Jordan Staal. I took a deep breath and ran my hands down the bodice of my dress. The dress that only took me one trip to David’s Bridal to find.


“Allie, how about this one?” Alaina asked, holding up a ball gown style dress that was beautiful but not what I was looking for.

“Eh, too fluffy. I don’t want a large dress.” I told my best friend and maid-of-honor.

Together Vero, my mom, Alaina, Leah, and I continued to scan the racks of dresses and having a great time doing it. Just as I was about to lose all hope in finding a dress I like in this trip, I spotted a strapless number with an A-line skirt. Just from one look on the hanger, I knew it was the one. I knew I had to try it on. I quickly grabbed the dress and went to find my consultant, Melissa. All my friends followed me to the fitting room and took seats on the white couch. The second we got the dress on, tears filled my eyes and began falling.

Melissa placed her hands on my shoulders and smiled at me in the mirror. “It’s the one, isn’t it?”

I couldn’t speak, so I nodded and went to show my friends. As soon as I turned the corner, I heard a collective gasp. I looked at everyone and saw that they all had tears in their eyes as well, especially mom.

“Oh Allie!” She cried. “You look so beautiful. Is that the one?”

I smiled at her, tears in my eyes. “Yes”

I was almost reluctant to change back into my street clothes, I loved the dress that much. After I finally did change, I handed Jordan’s credit card over since he insisted, no demanded, to pay for the dress. Once I was finished with that, we began looking at the bride’s maid dresses. I couldn’t wait for my wedding.


A knock on the door pulled me from my memory. “Come in!” I called

Tanya came in carrying a fussing Emma, with Parker following her.

“Aunt Allie!.” He shrieked when he spotted me.

I smiled at my soon to be nephew. Ever since the night of our engagement, Parker has started calling me Aunt Allie and I loved it.

“Hey Parker, don’t you look handsome.” He was our ring barer and he couldn’t wait to do his important job. I looked up at Tanya. “Tan, that dress looks beautiful on you.” I was nervous when I got the dresses because Tanya wasn’t there for me to see what it look like on her. Sure she sent me pictures from Carolina, but it wasn’t the same as seeing it in person.

“Thanks Allie, you know how to pick them.” She smiled. “How are you holding up?”

I took the now crying Emma from Tanya “I’m okay, just a little nervous.” Careful not to ruin my dress, I began bouncing Emma. On top of planning and getting ready for the wedding. The twins started teething, so they haven’t been sleeping a ton in the past month and have been cranky. “Can you get me a teething ring out of the cooler, please?”

As I tried to calm Emma down, my mom and Linda walked into the room. Mom quickly took Emma from me. I smiled at the two women who have done so much for me for the past two years. They have both been a huge help during the final days leading up to today. I’m sure that if they weren’t around to help, I would have lost my mind long ago.

“Oh Allie, look at you. The dress looks more and more beautiful on you every time you put it on.” Linda gushed hugging me.

“Thank you, Linda. I love your dress, as well.” I smiled at her and looked over at my mom. “Yours too mom.”

“Thank you sweetie. Now finish getting ready. It may be your wedding, but it’s not nice to make all those hockey players out there wait any longer then they have to before they can eat.” She smiled.

All of us laughed because it was true. If the guys could eat every hour of everyday without gaining a ton of weight, they would. I turned to the mirror and began my make up.

“Where are Karly and Logan?” I asked my mom.

“Kevin has Logan and Henry has Karly.”

I smiled at my mom, Kevin was my mom’s boyfriend of almost a year now. They met at one of Logan’s doctor’s appointments. Kevin was there with his two year old daughter, Samantha. They exchanged numbers and soon started going out, sometimes with the kids and sometimes without. About three months ago mom moved out of the in-law suit and moved in with Kevin and Sam. I was happy to see my mom finally happy after what happened with Steven and even my dad.

There was another knock at the door and in came the rest of the brides maids and we began squealing and giggling. Soon my dad walked in, yes my dad was at my wedding. About six months ago he came to visit me, saying he never wanted to be out of my life. And I never wanted him out of it, but it was hard being around him when I knew what he did to my mom. But we pushed that aside in order for us to have a civil visit. He finally met Jordan. I was afraid that dad wasn’t going to approve of Jord, but then I told myself that I really don’t need his approval since I hadn’t really spoken to him in about two years. I loved Jordan, he loved me, and got along with my friends and mom and that’s all that mattered to me. But I worried for nothing, Jordan and my father got along well. Jordan was actually the one to suggest inviting him.

“Are you ready Allie?” Dad asked, tears filling his eyes.

I smiled, my own tears filling my eyes. “I am.” I gave a kiss to my mom, Linda, and Emma as they left to take their places in the crowd. Just as we were setting up our marching order, there was another knock at the door. “Oh my god.” I groaned. “Come on in.” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

Dad opened the door and Eric was standing there with the signature Staal smirk on his lips. “I just came for the ring bearer who went MIA.” He said picking up Parker.

“I guess you can take him.” I sighed dramatically, rolling my eyes at the same time.

Eric chuckled and kissed my cheek. “You look beautiful Allie. And not that I actually have to say this, but welcome to the family.”

Even more tears fell from my eyes. I knew at first when I met the Staal family, there were a little unsure about me. But soon they realized that I wasn’t going to hurt or use Jordan. Getting a blessing from Eric actually did mean a lot to me. “Thanks, Eric.” I smiled, giving him the best hug I could with him holding Parker.

“Okay, Eric” Tanya said. “Out.”

Eric walked over to his wife. “You look beautiful too, babe.” He kissed Tanya before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him. I just smiled, that was going to be Jordan and I.

Once Eric left with Parker, the wedding was finally starting. The walk down the aisle took what seemed like forever. I couldn’t take my eyes off of Jordan who look so handsome in his tux. I looked to his left and saw my soon to be brothers-in-law standing next to him, looking just as handsome. Once I finally was next to him, the rest of the ceremony was a blur. All I could focus on was Jordan and the fact that we were going to be spending the rest of forever together. Once our vows were said, the church went crazy and I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face.

Once the ceremony was over and Jordan and I were permanently blind from all the pictures taken, we made our way to the hotel where the reception was being held.

“I love you, Mrs. Staal.” Jordan smiled, handing me a flute of Champaign as the limo started moving.

“I love you too, Mr. Staal.” I smiled back. “Did you bring the box?”

Jordan smiled and pointed to the large white box sitting on the floor of the limo. We arrived at the hotel and together we walked into the lobby. Before we ‘lined up’ to be introduced, Jordan quickly stripped off his coat and took his item out of the box before handing me mine. We giggled together as we changed.

“Jordan, Allie are you guys ready?” The DJ asked.

We gave him the thumbs up and stood in front of the double French doors that lead to the dining hall were our family and friends were waiting for us. Jordan held out his arm for me and with a kiss I took it. Anxiously, we waited to hear the DJ announce us.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have the wonderful honor of introducing you for the first time to, Mr. and Mrs. Jordan Staal!.”

The doors flew open and we were met with cheers and claps so loud they were putting the fans at the Consol Energy Center on opening night to shame. Soon the clapping got louder and so did the cheering, laughter was also heard throughout the room. Jordan and I had walked in wearing customized jerseys. Jordan’s said Groom above his familiar number eleven. Mine said Bride above Jordan’s number. We laughed together as the guys from the team throughout the dining hall all stood up and cheered the loudest.

Finally we reached the dance floor and before we started our dance, Jordan and I took our jerseys off and handed them over to Eric. Jordan took me into his arms and the audience fell away, it was just the two of us in that moment. Soon, Two is Better Than One began to play and that was our queue to start dancing. As we danced I remembered first hearing this song and thinking about Jordan and I. I really could remember what he wore on our first date and he really did change my life. When I found out I was pregnant, we thought we were only have one baby like normal. Instead we were blessed with two beautiful little girls that we loved with all our hearts. This song was fit for Jordan and I in every way.

“They want us to kiss.” Jordan whispered, with a chuckled.

I looked at him confused for a second, then I heard it. Silverware hitting glass. “Oh, do they now?” I smirked. I looked around the room and saw all the smiling faces of friends and family. Even Karly and Emma were smiling. “Well, I guess we shouldn’t disappoint them.”

“No we shouldn’t.” He said, right before lowering his head and capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. In that moment, like so many other moments I’ve had, I knew I was going to be happy with Jordan for a very long time. I’m glad I decided to be spontaneous and move to Pittsburgh with my best friend. I’m glad Kris is her cousin. And I’m glad Jordan was his room mate.

Once the song ended, it was time for dinner. At the time I didn’t know I was hungry until the waiter placed my plate in front of me and my stomach growled almost instantly. Usually during dinner the bride and groom walked the floor and talked to everyone, but not Jordan and I. We ate along with our guests, with the occasional kiss usually provoked by Max or Jared. Once we were finished Jordan and I did our rounds, we stopped at the table where my parents, Kevin, Jordan’s parents, and the twin were sitting.

“Mama!” Karly cheered when she set her blue eyes on me.

The entire table gasped and tears sprung to my eyes. “Did…she just speak?” I asked, dazed.

Linda chuckled and handed over a squirming Karly. “She did, best thing to hear isn’t it?” She smiled.

Emma not wanting to be left out, reached for Jordan. “Dada” She cheered and Jordan beemed at our little girl.

“I hear ya, baby girl.” He kissed her cheek. “Come on, let’s go say hi to some of your uncles.” Jordan said, taking my hand.

For the rest of the night Jordan and I mingled, danced, drank, and had a great time with friends and family. Around two in the morning did we finally call it a night and made our way back to the house. The twins were already in bed since Linda and Henry left once all three grandkids had fallen asleep, giving the parents time to enjoy themselves.

“That was so much fun.” I said, as Jordan closed our bedroom door. I kicked off my shoes and sat on the edge of the bed.

Jordan loosened his tie. “It was, it was great partying with everyone. It was also really nice to see family that I don’t get to see all the time.”

“Speaking of family that you haven’t seen in a while. I have to say, I really thought there was going to be more tension between my mom and dad. I’m glad there wasn’t.”

Jordan grabbed my hand. “They wouldn’t do that to you. They both love you very much. I do too.”

I rolled my eyes. “You are so smooth there Jordan.” I giggled when Jordan managed to pin me to the bed. Neither of us said anything for a while, we just laid there looking at each other. We were married now and I was going to spend the rest of my life with this man. Suddenly overcome with such emotion, I leaned up and captured his lips in a passionate kiss. “I love you too Jordan.” I whispered, when we pulled apart.

Jordan’s response was to kiss me again, tangling his hand in my hair as best as he could since it was still up from the wedding. I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders, loving the feeling of him in my arms. I ran my hands down his back, over his shoulders, and to his chest, pushing the vest part of his tux off.

“We’ve got to get you out of this.” Jordan growled, running a hand down my body causing me to shiver.

I sat up. “You’re going to have to help me.”

Jordan held a hand out to help me off the bed and spun me around so he was standing behind me. Before even touching the zipper, Jordan began placing soft kisses on my shoulders and back. My head rolled to the side, giving him access to my neck ,which he gladly accepted. He began unzipping my dress as he continued assaulting my neck. Finally the dress fell into a puddle at me feet, I carefully stepped out of it and faced my husband.

The desire in his eyes as he took me in caused my body to tingle. Without breaking eye contact with him, I slowly began unbuttoning his dress shirt. I never got tired of seeing Jordan without a shirt on, I mean who would? Jordan attached his lips to mine again and pulled me against him. We made out a while before, I couldn’t take it anymore. Wanting to move things a bit faster, I reached for Jordan’s belt buckle, undoing it in one motion. I tossed it somewhere in the room and heard it ‘clunk’ to the floor. I reached to undo the button on his pants, but his giant hands stopped me. Without a word, he led me to the bed and pushed me down ever so gently. I sat on the bed staring into his eyes, they seemed bluer because of the desire that filled them. Without breaking eye contact with him, I reached behind me and undid the clasp of my bra, letting it fall to the floor. I got the pleasure of watching Jordan’s eyes darken as he took in my naked chest. Seconds passed before I was tackled and laying on my back, as Jordan began assaulting my chest with light kisses and little nips here and there causing my back to arch into him.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered, his voice husky with pleasure.

I pulled Jordan up to me and kissed him, our tongues battling for dominance. Jordan ran a hand down my body, making sure to pause on each of my breasts, before continuing down my body. He smiled wickedly at me before slipping his hand down the front of my panties. The gasp I let out soon turned into a moan and my back arched. Two can play that game, I thought as I unbuttoned Jordan’s pants and slid my hand into his boxers, gripping him. He let out a hiss and pushed one of his fingers into me.

“Jesus Christ, Jordan.” I hissed, biting my lip.

“You shouldn’t have done that then.” He smirked, biting my neck.

I rolled my eyes. “I was just getting you back.”

“Well, I got you back. Now please remove your hand so I can take my pants off.”

With a sigh and a slight roll of my eyes I did as he asked and scooted up on the bed to lay on the pillows. Once Jordan stepped out of his pants and boxers, he made his way over to me with a look of pure hunger in his eyes, which sent my body temperature rising. Before doing anything, he pulled my white boy shorts off and tossed them behind him.

“Jordan, make love to me.” I beg quietly as he trails light kisses across my chest and down my stomach.

He smiles up at me. “With pleasure.”

After a few rounds of love making, Jordan and I were laying in bed trying to catch our breath after I final round. I slowly and lightly trailed my fingers up and down Jordan’s sculpted abs, raising goosebumps every once in a while.

“I love you, Jordan Staal.” I whispered, leaning up and kissing him.

“I love you, Allie Staal.”

I smiled, I loved hearing that. With a final kiss, I slipped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and didn’t recognize the person smiling back at me. This girl had the post sex glow on top of her post wedding glow. I could see hickies forming on my neck and shoulder but I could care less. I turned the light off and grabbed Jordan’s dress shirt off the floor before slipping it on and buttoning it up. I looked towards the bed and noticed Jordan wasn’t there, then I heard it. Jordan was in the girls room, I quietly made my way down the hall and stood in the door as I watched Jordan rock the girls as they fell back to sleep. Seeing him with his girls just melted my heart and made me fall even more in love with him each time I saw it.

I must have made a noise because Jordan looked up from where he was whispering to the girls and smiled at me. I actually had to hold onto the door knob to keep myself upright. When I was sure I’d be able to walk, I made my way into the room and stood behind the rocking chair. I pressed a kiss to his cheek before resting my chin on his shoulder.

“Two really is better than one.” I whispered, running a finger down Karly’s cheek gently.

“That it is.” Jordan whispered, kissing my hand. “That it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
edited