Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Home

The team had a game tonight and I was leaving for California after the game. Earlier I had packed my bags and put them in Jordan’s trunk since he too was heading to the airport after the game and he offered me a ride. Since it was the last game before the Christmas break, I decided that I was going to wear Jordan’s jersey. Alaina and the rest of the girls also wore their boys’ jerseys. Leah, Kris’ girlfriend, was joining us in the stands tonight and since she didn’t have Kris’ jersey, I let her borrow mine.

“Here you go Leah,” I smiled at her as I tossed her the jersey. Leah was a shy girl just like Kris was a shy guy, they were perfect together.

“Thank you so much Allie.” She gushed.

“No problem, you need to show your man some support.” I winked

Leah blushed. “Oh, I do.” She said quietly.

“Well then“ Alaina snickered ”outside of the bedroom.” Leah blushed again.

“Sorry about her, she’s just like that.” Vero said. “Leave the girl and her sex life alone.”

“Speaking of sex life, Alaina hasn’t been home the past two days.” I smirked and nodded when Leah thanked me for averting the conversation away from her.

Sandra choked on her beer and looked at Alaina who was now blushing. “You spent two days at Crosby’s place? I think that’s longer than any girl has stayed except for his mother and sister.” She said.

“Well are you going to give us the details, or are we going to have to beat them out of you?” Vero asked.

Alaina blushed again. “What do you want to know?”

“Is he as amazing in bed as he is on the ice?” I asked

Alaina nodded sheepishly. “Better.”

“Did he make you breakfast the next morning?” Sandra asked. “Because Tyler does that.”

“He did, even brought it to me in bed.” She smiled

We all ‘aww-ed’ and I knew V, Sandra, and Leah were going to ‘train’ their men to do the same thing. Again I felt left out, my three, well now four friends were having a conversation about their sex lives and here I was still single with no sex life. Sure Jordan and I had a deep conversation the other night where feelings were spilled, but nothing that made us official. I sighed to myself and put on a fake smile as the boys came out of the run way and onto the ice for warm-ups. I waved to Jordan as he skated by, but he stopped and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. He knew my smile was fake and that something was bothering me. “You okay?” He mouthed to me. I nodded and gave him two thumbs, he nodded and skated off clearly not believing me.

“So Allie, what did you do while I was gone for those two days?” Alaina asked.

“Unpacked some more, ordered some furniture on-line, and kissed Jordan.” I told them, saying the last part quietly.

“Did I hear that last part right?” Leah asked. “Did you just say you kissed Jordan?”

I bit my lip and nodded.

“When?” Saundra asked.

“Night of the Christmas party.” I answered.

“Why?” Vero asked.

“Because we finally opened up to each other about our feelings. I like him, he likes me.”

“Well it’s about damn time.”

Alaina chuckled. “So are you guys official?” she asked

“Nope,” I frowned and took some deep breaths.

“Aw girl you guys will be eventually. It seems like you guys are already heading down that road. Was the kiss a simple or like make-out?”

“Oh, totally make-out.” I blushed, thinking back to that night.

After we both told each other how we felt about one another, we started kissing again. Jordan had pushed me gently onto my back and crawled on top of me, never breaking the kiss. His hands were framing my face and mine were tangled into his blond locks. His hands than started to roam and they ended up under my shirt. His fingers fanned over my ribs and then he dragged them slowly down my sides, leaving goosebumps everywhere.

We broke our kiss to catch some much needed air, but Jordan’s lips never left my skin. He was kissing my neck, my throat, behind my ear, and my shoulders. He moved his lips back to mine and the kiss became heated once again. He dragged his tongue across my lower lip asking for entrance, so I gave it to him and soon out tongues were battling for dominance. Jordan’s hands traveled up the back of my shirt and he unclasped my strapless bra. I moaned when Jordan bit my lower lip lightly and pulled away. He pulled away too to take off his dress shirt, leaving him in a white tank top. I reached for him and tried to pull him towards me but he didn’t come. Instead he reached for my shirt and pulled it over my head. A growl escaping his lips when my bare chest was exposed.

Jordan leaned forward and started placing light kissed on my stomach and instantly I got that warm feeling in the pit of my stomach that I haven’t felt in a very long time. But I wasn’t ready for this to go any further than it already has. I grabbed my shirt and sat up and Jordan gave me a confused look.

“Jordan, I’m sorry, but I can’t do this. Believe me I want to, but I’m just not ready right now. I’m sorry.” I pulled my shirt back over my head and went to stand up, but stopped when Jordan sat up.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gotten carried away.” He stood up and put his shirt back on without buttoning it up. ”I’m just going to go. I’ll talk to you later.” He gathered up his things and made his way to the door, but not quick enough because I saw what I had done to him.


If it had gone any further than I would have something to add to the conversation.

“Yo, Allie-Al are you okay?” Alaina asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

“Huh? Oh yeah I’m fine. I was just thinking about something.” I confessed.

“Must have defiantly been something because you are blushing like crazy.” Sandra said.

“Allie, exactly how far did you and Jord go the other night?” Vero asked.

“Not as far as Sidney and Alaina went, but we were right up there.”

“And you aren’t official yet? What is going through that boy’s mind?” Leah asked shaking her head.

“We’ve been asking ourselves that question the minute he got to Pittsburgh.” Vero laughed.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, causing me to jump. I pulled it out and saw that I had a new text message.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
Hey r u sure u r ok? U didn’t really seem it.

I sighed and clicked reply.

Yeah I’m fine, I’ll tell you about it later. Good luck tonight, I’ll be rooting for ya ;)

NEW TEXT: Jordan
=)

Finally the game started so most of the conversations stopped as we all turned out attention to the ice, which I was thankful for. The game was pretty uneventful, ending with the Penguins winning.

“I guess Leah and Kris are going to have fun celebrating tonight.” I laughed as we walked down to the lounge.

“Ew, okay I really don’t want to think about my cousin having sex. No offense Leah.” Alaina said. Leah blushed and we all just laughed.

Kris was one of the first ones out of the locker room and he went right over to Leah and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

“I like your jersey.” He smiled at her.

“Thanks, Allie let me barrow it.” She smiled.

Kris nodded and kissed her again and I turned my attention away and saw Matt Cooke kiss his wife. God was I the only one not kissing someone? Finally Jordan emerged from the locker room and made his way over to me.

“Hey there.” He smiled and gave me a hug.

“Hi. Good game.” I smiled

“Thanks. I like your shirt by the way.” He smiled. “So, are you all ready to go? I was thinking about stopping to get something to eat before we went to the airport.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.” I turned to the girls. “Guys, we are going to head out. Jordan wants to stop and get something to eat before we got to the airport. You all have a great Christmas and Alaina call me when you land tomorrow.”

Alaina nodded from her position in the couch waiting for Sidney to come out. The rest of the girls wished Jordan and I a Merry Christmas. Together Jordan and I made our way out to Jordan’s SUV and as Jordan sighed autographs for some fans, I waited in the car.

“So,” Jordan said once he got in the car. “Why were you looking so depressed earlier?”

I sighed. “Stupid reasons. The girls were talking about their sex lives with the guys and once again I felt left out.” Why won’t you ask me out?! I screamed at him…in my head.

Jordan’s eyes flickered to me briefly before he turned his attention back to the road ahead. “Well you wouldn’t be feeling left out if we didn’t stop the other night.”

“Jordan Staal, don’t you dare pin this on me, it’s not my fault. I’m sorry I’m not some puck slut who is willing to put out for you just because you Jordan fucking Staal.” I huffed.

Jordan chuckled dryly. “Don’t yell at me Allie Summers. I don’t want you to put out for me just because I’m me. I want you to put out because you want to.”

I scoffed. “Oh you want me to put out for you, but only when I want to? That’s just really sweet of you Jordan. You know what? Fuck you. Don’t talk to me for the rest of the night.” I crossed my arms and started at the passing city. Fucking asshole. Treat me like I’m some slut that does whatever the hell he wants me to.

Maybe I don’t want to be in a relationship with him if he’s going to act like that.

Jordan’s POV

God dammit, why did I have to open my mouth? Tonight was supposed to be a relaxing night together before we went our separate ways for Christmas break. I wanted to just spend time with her, that’s why I suggested getting something to eat. But no, I had to ruin the night before it even started. I promised myself that I wasn’t going to let the other night have an effect on tonight, but apparently I was wrong. The other night was mostly my fault, I got carried away and wasn’t thinking. I really didn’t want to blow my chance with her, but here she was pissed at me and not talking. Great.

We sat in silence as I drove to the diner that we liked to go to after games. I was trying to think of something to say to her but nothing sounded right. When I pulled into the parking lot, Allie unbuckled and tried to get out of the car before it was even in park, but I grabbed her arm before she could open the door.

“Allie, just stop.” I said.

“Let go of me Jordan.” She growled between clenched teeth.

“Dammit, Allie. I’m trying to apologize to you but you are being stubborn.”'

“Fine.” She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms again.

She just sat there and waited for me to say something. I took a deep breath and ran a hand down my face.

“I’m sorry for what I said earlier. I was still a little bitter about the other night.”

“I’m sorry if you were bitter about that, I’m not going to apologize for not having sex with you because I wasn’t ready for it.” Allie said firmly.

“And I don’t want you to. Allie, I want to make sure you are ready before anything happens.”

“Thank you.” She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her long brown hair. “I’m sorry I said those things earlier. You just pissed me off.”

“I know and I’m sorry.” I brushed the loose hair off her cheek and placed a soft kiss on it. She blushed and I wanted to kiss her for real. Just a few more days until everything happens. I told myself.

We climbed out of the car and made our way inside to eat. After we finished eating, we made out way to the airport. I didn’t want to go back home and this was the first time that I have felt that way. I loved going home to mom’s home cooked meals and seeing my brothers. Going home was always something that I looked forward to, but this time I wanted to stay in Pittsburgh with a certain girl.

When we got to the airport, Allie and I stuck together all the way through the security line. Being the gentleman my mom raised me to be, I walked her to her gate. When we arrived at her gate, Allie dropped her bag on to the seat and turned to look at me.

“Thank you Jordan. You didn’t have to walk me here, especially since your gate is across the airport.”

“It’s no big deal.” I smiled and it wasn’t. I’d do anything for this girl, including leaving my home to surprise her. “Do you want me to stay here with you for a little bit?”

“Nah, that’s okay. Thanks though.”

“Sure. So I guess I’ll see you when we get back. Am I still giving you a ride back home?”

“As far as I know.”

“Okay then.” I opened my arms for a hug and held my breath until she walked into them. I wrapped them around her waist and held her tight. “Have a safe flight and text me when you land.”

She nodded and pulled away as her flight was being called. “Have a nice trip yourself. Say hi to your brothers for me.”

Just then her flight was called and they began boarding for the plane. I nodded and watched as she collected her bags and made her way into the boarding line.

I didn’t want her getting away from me. “Allie!” I called just as she was about to walk down the tunnel. When I saw that she stopped I made my way over to her. Without saying anything, I walked right up to her and kissed her. “Have a safe trip.” I smiled when we pulled apart. She smiled too and turned to walk back down the tunnel. When she disappeared from my view, I turned on my heels and made my way to my gate with a smile on my face. This was going to be a great Christmas.

Allie’s POV

I’ve been on the plane for about three hours now and all I could do was think about was Jordan kissing me before I got on the plane. It was something straight out of a romance movie and it was something I always wanted to happen to me. I sighed and looked at my cell phone, I still had about six hours left on this flight and I just wanted to get off the plane. I missed my mom and I couldn’t wait to see her, but the main reason I wanted to get off so quickly was because the sooner I got to California and start my break, the sooner I’d be back in Pittsburgh. One thing I wasn’t looking forward to was dealing with Steven, we don’t get along and we never will. We also see things differently, so that added to not getting along. Another thing I wasn’t looking forward to was seeing my father and all his fucked up issues, but even with his problems he was still my dad and I loved him so I put up with him.

I slipped my headphones on and turned on my IPod, trying to clear my mind of all the unpleasant things that are waiting for me in California. The first song that came on was Two is Better than One by Boys Like Girls. This was one of my favorite songs and now that I listen to it after everything that has been going on in my life, I realized that it fits my relationship, or lack of one, with Jordan. As the song played I was picturing everything that Taylor Swift and Martin Johnson were singing about. I caught myself smiling and staring out into the dark sky outside of my window. Even though we weren’t together, we still shared moments together. I still can remember what Jordan was wearing the first day I met him. He had been wearing dark washed jeans and a simple black polo shirt, but still managed to look sexy in such simple clothing. I put the song on repeat and fell asleep thinking about Jordan.

Jordan’s POV

It feels good to be home, I thought to myself as I trudged through the airport to baggage claim. I turned my phone on and checked for text messages, specifically texts from Allie and frowned when I didn‘t have any. I closed my phone and stuck it in my pocket when the conveyer belt turned on and the luggage dropped out. After five minutes of fighting with people I finally got a hold on my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I made my way to the front of the airport, looking for anybody from my family.

“Unca J! Unca J!” I heard being called from behind me. I turned around and dropped my bag when I saw my nephew, Parker running towards me.

“Hey big man.” I said giving him a hug. “How are ya?”

“Good.” He smiled the signature Staal smiled.

“Good, where’s daddy?”

“Ova dare.” He pointed to the side.

I picked up my bag and grabbed Parker’s hand and walked over to Eric. Once we were close, I let Parker’s hand go so he could run to his dad. Eric bent down and picked him up and smiled at me.

“I thought you guys weren’t coming home this year?” I asked as I gave him a hug.

“Well mom really wanted to see Parker again and Tanya and I agreed that we don’t see enough of you guys.” He replied.

“Well I’m glad to see you. Tanya back at the house?”

“Yep, helping mom with dinner.”

I nodded and adjusted my bag, Eric lead the way out to the SUV that we kept at mom and dad’s house for when we come home. He put Parker, who was already starting to fall asleep, into his car seat and I put my bag into the trunk. We climbed in and Eric started the car and made his way to the main road.

“So how has your season been going?” Eric asked.

“Oh like you don’t keep tabs on us or the Rangers.” I laughed. Eric has always kept tabs on us since we were little. It was like having a second dad at times.

He chuckled. “Well I have to as Captain. But I want to hear it from my brother’s point of view.”

I laughed. “It’s going good. Sid has been houndin’ us in practices lately but I think that will change after break.” I smiled.

“Why do you say that?”

“Crosby’s got himself a girl.”

“Finally. Who is the lucky lady?”

“Kris’ cousin Alaina.”

“Well when we play you guys next I want to meet this girl.”

I laughed and nodded. We continued to talk about our seasons and we picked on each other like brothers do. After five minutes of silence I turned on the radio just as a new song was starting. After hearing the first few notes, I recognized the song as Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls.

I remember what you wore on the first day

I smiled to myself. I remembered what Allie wore the day I met her. She was wearing a Penguins hoodie and skinny jeans. She had just walked into her wall. I knew from that moment that there was something between us. As the song continued to play I realized that this was like my relationship with Allie. I wasn’t always considered a one woman type of guy but I could, no I do, see myself with her. Everything about this song was true about the way I feel about Allie. The way she smiles, the way she does little things, everything she does makes me fall in love with her.

“Yo, Jord. You in there?” Eric asked. “You’ve been staring off into space like that for the past five minutes. What’s on your mind, little bro?”

I turned off the radio and sighed. “Can I talk to you as my big brother and not as a friend right now? Because what I want to say I need advice on.”

“Yeah, you know you always can. What’s up Jordan?”

I took a deep breath. “So you know how Kris’ cousin is living in Pittsburgh and how she lived with us for a little while?” Eric nodded so I continued. “Well her best friend moved with her and she also stayed with us for a little while and-“

“And you have started to develop feelings for this best friend?” Eric guessed.

“Not started, had. Since the day I met her a few months ago. Eric, I can’t get this girl out of my head.”

“Well tell me about her. What do you like about her?”

“Her name is Allison, but everyone calls her Allie. She and Alaina have been best friends for God knows how long. She works at a day care center.” I smiled. “She loves kids.”

“What do you like about her?” he asked again

I smiled. What don’t I like about her? “I like that I can be myself around her. She understands that hockey is my life and takes up a lot of time. She doesn’t care about who I am in the sports world. To her I’m just Jordan, her friend.” I smiled. “We hang out all the time, I love spending time with her.” I smiled again. “She’s a blast to just be around. After hard losses I will call her or go over to her apartment and talk to her, just to talk.”

“What do you talk about?”

“Anything and everything. Hockey. Her job. You name it we probably talk about it.”

Eric pulled the car into the long drive way of our parents’ house and turned off the ignition. “So do you want to know what I think?” He asked and I nodded. “I think that you really like this girl, possibly love her. Because believe it or not I was watching your face while you talked about her and you wouldn’t stop smiling.”

I felt my cheeks blush at his comment. “So I wouldn’t be totally nuts to go visit her in California sometime during break and ask her to be my girlfriend?” I asked

“Nope.” He smiled.

I released a breath that I didn’t know I was holding and got out of the car. Eric grabbed his sleeping son and I grabbed my bag and together we made our way into the crowded Staal house for the holidays.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited