‹ Prequel: Love at First Class
Status: This story is completed.

Love against law

Aree they watching now?

Chapter 4: Are they watching now?:

Anna and I walked to our English class first, and sat down at our usual spots. The English teacher greeted us by looking out over the whole class, then announcing that we would be having a test. She handed out papers, and let us start; I, of course panicked so much I had to bite my pencil, unfortu-nately I broke, and I had to use a new one. Mrs. Stupid-teacher-who’s-staring-at-me stopped next to me, and stared at me with weird eyes, maybe she didn’t think me as the nervous type. She moved on still with a weird look on her face, she didn’t lose the weirdness all class. When the next teacher arrived, she wanted to talk with him, she nodded her head in my direction, and the other teacher looked and nodded too. The next teachers name was Mr. Johnson, he was the French teacher. French was fine, even though I got some strange looks from the teacher, Anna found out too, and asked what I had done, I told her the truth, I had no clue to what I had done. Then finally after another class we had our well deserved lunch break, Anna hurried off to solve the gossip task she had gotten about Alex and the teachers, and if she could find out why they looked weirdly at me, then that would just be a bonus.
I made my way to the parking lot, but found no Alex; he was probably late like last time. Instead I found Mr. Johnson; he came up to me, looked me over again, made that stern and strange face, and asked me what I was doing there instead of being in the cafeteria.
“I’m just taking in some air before the next lessons start, besides I hate the long waiting line, and all the students pushing their way in front of me, it’s not me with all those people” I did a brilliant lie, which just made him look shocked at first, then he evil eyed me, and walked on. Alex came soon after, and to my luck he had caught some lunch, I thanked him like a thousand times, and we imme-diately started talking like we always did, everything from yesterday at lunch and the night before that was forgotten and replaced by the memories of the little swimming trip, and the sleepover.

Anna’s Pov:

My ear was pressed against the wooden door, as I listened to the conversation on the other side, it was the teachers coffee room, they had just mentioned Alex, so I paid more attention now.

“I saw it too” a female voice said.

“I saw him on his way to the parking lot only minutes before I came up here” an old man said.

“Yes, but listen here, this is maybe far worse than what we believed in the start. I just saw Sonea, you know the girl who was attacked by Mick, she was waiting in the parking lot. I asked her what she was doing out in the parking lot alone and in the cold weather, she said she was getting some air, I then walked towards the entrance, and found Alex on his way to the parking lot too, so I asked him too, he also said he was getting some air” it was unmistakable Mr. Johnson with that French accents.

“Have any of you seen her today? I think she’s wearing Alex’s shirt, that black one” I think that was my English teacher.

“I think this has been going on for a long time” “But why? Sonea’s a good girl, and I thought Alex was a good guy too”

I didn’t need to hear anymore, I moved away form the door, and started running. The door burst open, they had heard me running, I jumped around a corner, and luckily they didn’t see me. I ran and ran, I didn’t stop until I was on the parking lot, I found the red car flung the door open, jumped inside and smacked it after me. I sat panting on the backseat, Alex and Sonea had both turned around, and looked shocked at me, their faces told me that I looked just as shocked.
“Oh My God” was all I could say.
“What?” Sonea laughed, she was so happy. I would ruin her day by telling her, I felt sorry for her because this might just ruin more than just a day.
“We’re in trouble, or you two are in trouble, no not trouble, you’re in deep shit really deep” I grew very serious, I didn’t like being this serious, but it was necessary.
“What do you mean?” Alex said in a just as serious voice.
“Sonea you told him about the rumor, and where I have been?” she shook her head, then I would have to explain, Alex looked confused. “Alex Sonea heard a rumor about you from the teachers, so I started to investigate it, and I just found out what the teachers are talking about”
They sat frozen I waited for some reaction but none came.
“They know, they know about the two of you, they know that you’re together right now, they also know that Sonea’s not the real owner of that shirt and they think this has been going on for some time” I finished without breathing, there was a deadly silence, but surprisingly enough was it Alex who broke it.
“Shit! Fuck!” he banged his hands on the steering wheel, and cursed some more.
“Alex relax! It- it’s not that bad!” Sonea tried to calm him down, but far from succeeded.
“Not th- Sonea this is everything that I feared, this was what couldn’t happen at any circumstances! This means- this- we won’t, don’t you understand? They can go to the police, they can lock me up, they can take you away, they can- Shit!” he banged the steering wheel again.
I can’t say I wasn’t scared, this was not Alex’s usual behavior, so I did what I saw as a clever thing to do, I called Casper. I went outside the car, told him what had happened, and how Alex was de-stroying the car.
“Okay I’ll meet with Alex right after school, there’s nothing we can do right now, he has to carry on with the day, tell Alex and Sonea to meet me behind the gym, oh and I’m calling mom and dad, they might know what to do”
“Sounds like a plan, meet you there bye” I said getting into the car, and telling the others they agreed that it was our attempt at a decent plan.

Sonea’s Pov:

They stared at me, and now I knew why. It pained me the way they looked at me, like I was a crimi-nal, well in some strange way I was… well kinda. The time went by way too slow, I felt uncomfort-able, and watched wherever I went, and when I turned around I was watched, the teachers didn’t even try to hide it anymore, they stared at me like maniacs looking at prey.

“What are we to do?” I burst out as Anna and I entered the meeting, Casper and Alex was already there, Alex looked lost, sad, angry, furious and devastated all at once, today he was easy to read. Casper looked thoughtful, Anna looked away, and I observed the others, before repeating “What are we to do?”
“We- I- I don’t know” Alex stammered, he wasn’t himself, and I didn’t blame him.
“Oh” I looked down.
“Alex your mom and dad are on their way home right now, they took the first flight they could get, and will arrive at the mansion tonight, they suggest that we all come, and have a chat about all of this” he looked at each of us, and continued “They suggest that we all try to think of something, but they don’t want us to think too much about it. Oh and they wanted me to say hello to you, Sonea, for them, and tell you that it would be nice if you would come too, seeing as you’re as much in this as Alex is”
“Okay” I mumbled to the ground.
“I don’t think there’s more to do before tonight, so lets break this meeting up, come on Sonea I’ll drive you home” Alex said turning to leave, but he was stopped by Casper’s hand on his shoulder.
“Alex I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s a good idea, what if you’re seen again”
“Right…” Alex tried to man up, but failed and looked hurt instead. “I… I’ll just go home”
“Alex…” Casper looked miserably at Alex; I couldn’t take seeing Alex this way, this was so surreal, not happening, Alex looked like he wasn’t ever going to be okay again. “Alex go to my home, I’ll come over there soon, I’ll take Sonea home” Casper tossed Alex a key, then lead me to his car; Anna took her bike, after saying goodbye to everyone. Alex stood and watched me and Casper drive away, and then suddenly he was gone from the side mirror.

I thanked Casper for the ride, and walked inside. To my great luck I was alone in the house. I sat down on a chair in the living room, and sighed, then I got these flashbacks of yesterday; the pool, the sprinklers, Alex, his face, his smile, the apartment, the night, Anna and Casper, they wanted to help us now, the coco, Alex, the way he looked at me this morning, waking up next to him, Alex, Alex, Alex, him today, Alex.
The door went up, and in walked Jeff, he’d probably taken the bus home from school.
“Sonea you’re home…are you crying?” Jeff looked closer at me.
I tried to say no, but a moaning croak came out instead. I took a hand to my face, and realized I had tears running from my eyes. I had never tried to cry silently, but now I had, I hadn’t even realized it.
“What happened?” Jeff sat down next to me, and stroked my knee.
“Long story”
“Mom and dad won’t be home before tonight, we’ve got plenty of time”
So I did what I had sworn to myself I’d never do:
I told him about Alex.
I told him everything, how we had met, how we had spent the first lunches together, how I had saved Alex, and how Alex time after time had saved me, from Mick, from being home, from mom from dad, how Alex had made every lunch break exciting, how we had spent time together outside school, how we ended up in the hospital together, who his parents were, what we had done yester-day. I told him that Alex was my teacher, that it was illegal, that he made me cry when he said it, that he made me laugh of pure happiness when he asked if we should do something anyway, I told my big brother that I had found a person whom I couldn’t take being without, and for the very first time in my life I dared to even think that I might be in love for the first time and for real, but that being with me might just get him to jail now, I told my brother that the teachers had found out, and I told him where I would go tonight.
At first Jeff had been shocked, when I said it was about a guy, and even more shocked when I told him it was Vanessa, the guy I had been crying about. He got angry when he found out that Vanessa taught me biology on almost a daily basis.
“That’s illegal, and- and that’s disgusting!”
I said nothing, it was his turn to talk, and I let him. He gave me the whole illegal speech, and I sat silently as a stone and listened.
“I- you can’t ever see that guy- no that Man ever again, I have to tell mom and dad, this is way too serious, I thought you just had- I don’t know your first crush or something-” he shocked me, I thought he would never tell, I thought I could trust him.
“It is, it was!” I jumped up from the chair, that sudden burst of energy shocked Jeff. “Vanessa is my first crush that turned into something more, something I think is good, and it’s beautiful, it’s l-”
“What it’s this crush, I’ll tell you what it is! It’s not legal, it’s forbidden, and it’s ruining you! I’ve never seen you cry this much before, and I have the feeling that the crying started when you and Vanessa stared!” Jeff got up too, and yelled at me like he’d never done before.
“But have you ever seen me as happy!?” I practically screamed.
Jeff stood there silently, he was thinking, I could see that, but he didn’t speak up again. I had won the argument, and sighed.
“Sonea this is not a good idea, to get on the wrong side of the law, I mean what if anything hap-pens?”
“Something has already happened, and tonight I will go to Vanessa’s parents’ house and try to sort that problem out, and I swear Jeff if you tell mom and dad, I might just kill you all the way” I felt like a kid, I felt like we were kids fighting, I was the that had done something bad, and now Jeff would run along and tell on me. But this time, there would be a bigger punishment, than just a talk with the parents.
“Fine I won’t tell and you can still trust me, come to me and talk to me, but I am against this, but we’re family, so I’ll help you”
“Good now I will be doing some homework, oh and can you cover for me tonight, mom and dad can’t know where I’m going” I said leaving the room, I actually did my homework, and then I waited until I got a text message from Alex.

Hey Sonea,
Casper will come and get you in 5, parents are here and Anna too, we’ll start when you get here.

I jumped up, and looked around; no I wouldn’t need anything, I went to the toilet, and just as I came out and closed the door, the sound of car honking found my ears. Jeff stood by the window, and looked at the fancy car Casper always drove.
“Is tha-”
“No, that’s his friend and my friend Casper” I quickly said. “Okay goodbye I don’t think it’ll be late” I hugged him, and ran out the door.
“Hey honey bunny!” Casper called. I greeted him by smiling, and climbing in. I gave Jeff a last look; he still stood by the window. Then we were off, and I regretted not taking a jacked with me.

“Sonea! My darling hello, it’s so good to see you, it’s been a while!” Margret hugged me, and Mr. Truman shook my hand with a welcoming smile. They were all seated in the tea room, Casper and I had just entered when we were greeted by everybody smiling at us. Anna sat on one weird looking new little couch, Mr. Truman sat in a chair, Margret sat in on end of their five-person couch, and Alex sat a little in the other end and a little in the middle of the couch. Casper quickly found one more of the mini couches, one like the one Anna sat on. They were really cool, they looked a little like toys, and they had small wheels.
Alex caught my eyes, he looked more himself this time, but still sad and sort of miserable.
“Take a seat dear” Margret said even more welcoming. I sat down beside Alex, but not as close to him as I had wanted to. I was scared, I was sure that was painted all over my face, I was scared of everything right now, the talk we’d soon be having, I was also scared that people might see me, that I would be caught, that Alex would be caught and taken away.
“Honey no one’s gonna judge you here, you don’t have to be afraid” Margret read me perfectly; still I’d never been good at hiding emotions.
So I did what I had wanted to do, since me and Alex had parted, I crawled onto his lap, hugged him close, and breathed him in. breathing Alex’s natural smell was something I’d actually longed to do, I’d secretly done it all night when I was in his bed, and I had longed to do it again, it made me calm down and I lost every trace of fear. The others hadn’t expected that to happen, and I don’t Alex had either. They looked wide eyed at me, and when they didn’t stop I got ready to get off Alex, but as I did, he wrapped his arms around me, so I wouldn’t go.
“Get a room you two!” Casper yelled, and wolf whistled. But Alex and I ignored him, and got straight to business, and at the same time we said:
“What are we going to do?” then looked at each other shocked, then smiled and laughed.
“Well that was…” she shook her head, and said: “That’s what we’re here to find out” Margret said kindly.
“We should deny it, they don’t have anything on us, except for some guessing” Alex suggested.
“Yes that would be the plan, but what if they’ve got more on you guys, and in any case we should have a plan B” Mr. Truman said wisely.
“Yes suppose we do” Alex mumbled in deep thought.
“They haven’t got anything more on you, I spied on their conversations” Anna said from her couch, reaching out for a cookie.
“Plan B then” I said, urging everyone to think about what the plan could be.
“We’ll be staying here until all of this is over” Margret said.
“Yes and of course we will be here to support the two of you fully”
“Thank you” it was nothing more than a whisper when it escaped my lips. Again they looked at me, Alex squeezed me tighter.
“I don’t think we can make a plan B, before we know what we should arm ourselves against” Alex said quietly.
“No you’re right; I guess it was a waste to call everybody together here” Margret said sadly.
“No it wasn’t a waste, at least not for me, I- I’m thankful that you are willing to be there for me” I flew out of my mouth.
“Well Sonea, you’re very much welcome” Margret said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need feed back!!! :P
What do you think of the chapter? they story as whole?
I hope you like it ;)
sneak peak at next chapter:

“Sonea we’ll just have to lie low for the time being!” Alex argued so many days ago, I could almost see his expression, so… troubled, so unable to do anything. I got the urge to throw the phone into the wall, I hated that expression, that wasn’t the Alex I knew, when he was like that.
---
“It is Alex” I mumbled silently. “He has a code name”
“What Vanessa? Oh very James Bond”
---
“Alex!” I screamed, stretching my hand forward. I was going too fast, and I couldn’t break in time. I ran directly into Alex, who just looked shocked, and maybe a little happy, but mostly shocked.
SLAM
Within seconds we were both on the ground.
--
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'D
Comments are love! <3 so please send some^^