Status: in progress.

Obscurity

Report 6.

“Jet, where are you going?” An old nurse asked.

Jet turned to the old nurse. Unlike any of the other nurses, this old nurse actually took the time to know the patients.

“Where am I going, going, going?”

“The doctor said,” the old nurse began, but Jet interrupted her.

“Doctor said Jet must be going, going going.”

The nurse nodded. “Alright Jet… I trust you're telling me the truth. Just remember to take your tablets.”

“Polish vase are prints stay.” He replied as the old nurse left.

Step, step, step, step.

Stop.

Step, step, step, step, step.

Stop.

Step, step, step, step.

Stop.

A frown forms on Jet’s thin lips, his grey eyes squint.

Where was he going?

He rubbed his jaw as he sat on the cold white tiles. They reminded him of teeth. Clean, white, clean, white. White as snow. Snow like Christmas.

He immediately stood up. He knew it.

The tiles were a secret message.

He had to find Santa or Christmas will never be clean, pure. Like teeth.

He ran.

━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━・━

“Jet, where are you going?”

He turned around. It was Audrey.

He chuckled as he approached her. He smiled to himself. Unlike other people, she didn’t avert her eyes when he looked at her in the eye. She never shied away from him. She was shorter than him, but she never looked down on him.

I like Audrey.

He cupped her chin. She stared at him. Her eyes were like little rock pools of water, revealing everything in them.

She would be a terrible, terrible, terrible liar, he mused.

Audrey was so tiny, so petite, so delicate.

“Where are you going Jet?”

Where was he going?

Never mind. It doesn’t matter now.

“Looking for you.”

He stroked her cheek. Her pallid skin highlighted the faint flush that formed on her cheeks. She immediately shook her head. Her hair was like an autumn mess that swept her shoulders when she shook her head. Jet laughed.

She turned back to him.

His eyes were like water puddles after the rain. Once clear but now dark, murky and perhaps even filthy. She sighed.

She knew he held a secret behind those dark, murky and perhaps even filthy eyes.

“Audrey,” Jet softly whispered in her ear. She had never thought his voice was this low or inviting. But now, it was beyond tempting, “come with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I was away (ugh, life...), but thanks for the comments.
Yes! I’m so happy it makes sense to everyone now :D

Thank-you for reading!
:)