Status: Comment if you think I should keep writing.

Love Never Felt So Right

Thinking

Thinking it was worth it, I knew it wasn’t in the end. And the end was here. Seeing people watch me with a look of sympathy in their eyes, I knew I shouldn’t have came.

I watched as the police covered the bodies of the people I used to love. Who used to love me. The white sheets started to drench in blood that was flowing out of the now lifeless bodies, which lay on the cold, hard, cement floor.

“Ma’am, we need you to come with us.” An officer said, tapping me on the shoulder. I turned to him and he, too, had a look of sympathy.

I turned to the scene in front of me one last time before I started to follow the officer. I got in the back seat of the officers’ cruiser and put my seat belt on. It took at least fifteen minutes to get to the Police Department.

As I got out of the car I heard the noise of New York all around me.

As of now, I knew that I would stay in here at least a week before I would find a new place to stay. Looking around the office and hearing typing on the computer board, I would have never thought it would be easier to deal with.

“So, are you Vanessa Moore?” The officer that gave me a ride here asked. I nodded my head not wanting to speak.

“Do you know why your parents and siblings were killed?” He asked again. I nodded once again.

“What would be the reason?”

“This started along time ago…” I then started to explain. The reason is, there is a killer after me. I do not know why. My guess is if they thought killing my family was important to me, then they’re wrong. My family and I never got along. They would send me to a boarding school ever so often. And when I was home I would hardly see them.

“Okay, thank you for telling me. Please wait a moment.” Deputy Montello, the officer, said.

As I waited I noticed the sky was getting darker and darker. The last time I checked the clock it was 8:17 PM. It was now 8:20 PM. Let’s just say sometimes I am a very impatient.

I leaned my head back in the seat and sighed. I didn’t know what would happen next. I had nowhere else to stay. No family. And defiantly no friends. And I was still ‘young’ to stay be myself. But I didn’t see why I couldn’t stay by myself. I am going to be eighteen in six months. What use would it be to stay somewhere for six months and then have to leave?

My thoughts were interrupted by somebody clearing their throat. My head snapped in the direction of Deputy Montello. I barely noticed how he looked. He seemed to be not a day older than twenty-three. His hair was a shady brown that was cut short. He had piercing blue eyes.

“Ms. Moore?” He asked with a look of confusion. I blinked rapidly.

“Sorry. I kind of spaced out.” I said apologetically.

He nodded his head. “It’s okay. So on your file it says that you don’t have no family that you could stay with and so-“

“Yeah I know I don’t.” I cut him off harshly.

“Okay, but your file also says that your parents, two days before this incident oddly enough, have a hand written and typed statement that once they die and that you are still underage you stay with who they have chosen.” The officer said looking at me straight in the eye.

“What?” I asked shocked and confused at the same time.

“Yes, since you are still underage you have to.” He said seriously, and then cracked a smile.

“If I so have to, then why didn’t anybody tell me? And who is it?” I asked frantically, not believing what he just said.

“I don’t know why. Maybe because they thought of you and they didn’t want you to get scared. And the people you are staying with are the Garcia’s.” He said. The smile still in tack.

I was aggravated. Who the hell did my family think they were to send me to place I don’t even know!?

“Why the hell are you smiling?” I asked glaring at him.

“Because I have an idea what’s going on in your mind and I don’t think it’d very nice.” He said with a chuckle. I glared at him a little longer then finally cracked a smile.

He was right though. Not very nice at all.

“So, when do I have to leave?” I asked curiously. I had to know how much time I had to make a plan. I was not going anywhere near the Garcia’s.

“They already have somebody on the way. Once we called they said, ‘Alright, I have somebody on the way.’ Kind of surprised me y’ know? But anyway they guy also said that somebody will be here in about thirty minutes. And that was twenty-five now twenty-six minutes ago.” The officer said looking at the digital clock that was on his desk.

I groaned. There was no way I could leave in couple of minutes now. I will just have to find a way later on.

“So, how long do I have?” I said leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms across my chest.

Before he could open his mouth the door opened and another popped his head in. He looked to be in his early to mid-forties, balding brown hair, and light green eyes. “We have somebody here for her.” He said in a rough voice.

Deputy Montello nodded his head and got up. He then looked down. “I guess that answers your question. You ready to go?”

I just got up and followed him out. I looked around the office and my eyes landed on the person who was signing some papers at the front desk. His eyes looked up and stared into mine. Right into my soul. They glistened in the light. They had a certain spark in they green orbs. And they went well with his square jaw, plump lips and straight nose. His hair was a nice sleek black that covered a part of his face. And his body was to die for. He was buff but not so buff like a wrestler. But it did look like he worked out ever so often. And last but not least, his skin was a nice golden tan color. All in all, he was the hottest person I have ever seen. He seemed to be about my age, no older than twenty-one.

Mystery Man, as I call him, smiled then looked back at the papers he was signing. I felt a tap on my arm. I knew it was the officer telling me that I had to walk again since I did stop to stare.

I noticed that once we started walking again we were walking towards Mystery Man. My heart sped up thinking he was actually here for me. I thought the Garcia’s were going to be that was stuck up like my parents. Or somebody that was going to be old. How wrong was I?

“Hello.” Mystery Man said after we reached him and stood by him. Deputy Montello smiled and then turned his attention to the papers that he now had in his hands. I looked at Mystery Mans face till he turned his eyes towards me. I looked down immediately.

“So this looks to all right. All that is left is for Vanessa to get her stuff from her house and then she is ready to go.” The Deputy said while closing the file.

Mystery Man grinned and nodded his head. He motioned for me to follow him. I gave a small wave to Deputy Montello before I followed him out the door and into the now night of New York. I looked around the parking lot. There weren’t many cars. Noticing that Mystery Man was walking to a small car at the edge of the lot, I followed him. Once we stopped in front of the car I saw what kind of car it was. It was a old style mustang that was all black. And it was my favorite type of car.

I stepped forward and ran my fingers across the passenger door and to the hood, admiring how it glistened in the street lights.

“Like it?” Mystery Man asked. I nodded my head while he went to the driver side and unlocked it. He opened the door and got inside.

I was about to get inside, but I then remembered I was not going anywhere near the Garcia’s.

I looked to both of my sides, trying to figure which way would be the easiest to run. IT turned out to be my right. I peered back at Mystery Man.

I let go of the door handle and backed up a bit. He looked at me confused. I smiled at him before I ran off. I all of a sudden got a adrenaline rush. That made my heart pound. Guess being on the track team has its ups. I heard a car door slam shut and somebody start to run behind me. I dared looking back and saw Mystery Man was pretty fast runner too. I groaned and pushed my legs to go faster.

I weaved myself in between people that were still out on the side walk. I had almost made it to the end of the block till I felt a weight tackle me and push me though a crack that was in between two buildings.

I yelped in surprise, but soon my mouth was covered by a hand. I looked in the eyes of Mystery Man. He had his body pressed against mine. And mine was against a wall. I now knew there was no way of getting away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!