Status: Slowly Active.

Affliction

009.

The heart monitor beeped loudly as my eyes began to flutter open. The fluorescent lights beamed down on me as I squeezed my eyes back shut. I sighed heavily and relaxed in the hospital bed, but that’s when I realized I was alone. I sat up and remembered Zacky staying the night with me. I also remember, Zacky and me announcing that we were still in love with each other. A giddy feeling bubbled inside my stomach as I touched my lips from Zacky, kissing me. A blush crept onto my bruised face as I started to think will this happiness ever last. Not, only thinking that, but will Chris ever show up again. I definitely didn’t want Zacky involved in my fucked up life. But, I also didn’t want to be apart from him ever again.

So, many emotions were flowing through me. I thought my mind was going to explode, but the sound of the door being pushed open, interrupted those overwhelming feelings. I glanced up and saw Zacky walking into the room with food in his hands. I giggled at the sight as he tried to do it quietly, but he failed miserably. I cleared my throat and Zack looked up, like he was caught with his hand down his pants. I sent him a soft smile, “What the heck are you doing?” I mused, pressing the bed button. So, I could sit up.

Zacky smiled sheepishly at me and raised the bag of food at me, “I thought it would be nice to bring you some breakfast, instead of that crap down in the cafeteria and I thought you were still asleep, but I guess not,” he said with a laugh at the end as he started walking towards me.

I grinned widely at the green-eyed guitarist with adoration, “You didn’t have too, Zack,”

Zacky handed me the food and graced me with a half smile, “But, I wanted too,”

I took the bagel and orange juice from him as our hands brushed against each other, sending electricity through our bodies. I glanced up into Zacky’s pretty green eyes as I found myself, blushing from his unwavering gaze. Zack bit his snakebites as he stared at me, like he was thinking hard. I furrowed my eyebrows together as he was debating on something, apparently he found it and went for it. Zacky leaned forward and my eyes instantly shut as his cold pierced lips were pushed against my warm ones.

Our lips molded together, before Zacky pulled away with a soft peck. I was once again left breathless as Zack smiled widely and sat down in the chair, next to the bed. My face was red like a tomato as I started to spread cream cheese on my bagel. Zacky and I ate in silence, having small conversations here and there, until he asked, “So, how are you feeling?”

My hazel eyes connected with his green ones as I sighed softly, “A little, better than before. But, I’ll survive,”

Zack nodded his head from what I had said, before I placed my orange juice down and turned to him. I was uneasy to ask this question, but I was dying to know, “What happened to Chris?”

Zacky’s muscles tightened as I knew it was the wrong question to ask, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked that,” I quickly apologized, keeping my eyes down as Zack looked at me, “Erynn, there’s no need to apologize and to answer your question, the cops took care of everything,” he said with a sincere smile as he tilted my chin up.

My eyes started to water as I returned the smile, “Really?”

Zack nodded his head, “Really baby, that asshole will never touch you again,” he spoke lowly as a tear fell from my eye. I bit my lip and fiddled with my fingers, “Can we still do the restraining order,” I asked as Zacky nodded his head again.

I let out a sigh of relief as there was a knock at the door. Zack and I turned our heads to see Doctor Jefferson standing there with a soft smile on his handsome face, “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything?” he said with a chuckle as he entered the room. I shook my head as Zacky sat down in the chair, holding my hand, “No, you weren’t, Doc,”

The elder man nodded his head and examined the clipboard as he stared down at me, “So, how are you feeling this morning, Erynn?”

“I’m feeling pretty alright, Doctor. I still feel pain, every once in awhile on my sides,” I answered as Doctor Jefferson hummed and wrote down my issues on his examination sheets, “Well, your scans seem pretty clear and you could be able to go home today, Erynn. All you have to do is change your bandages and clean your stitches and you’ll heal up in no time,” he smiled nicely at me as Zacky and Doctor Jefferson walked out of the room. I raised my hand and touched the bandage on my face as I reminded what the monster did to me.

“WE’RE HERE!” Princess screeched busting through the door as I glanced up to see my four friends, standing in the room. I chuckled softly and shook my head, “What are you girls doing here?” I asked as they walked towards me, “Zacky called and told us, you were released today. So, we came and brought you clothes!” Ashley said, smiling pretty at me as she lifted up the bag, filled with clothes. I grinned at them, “You didn’t have too,”

“Well, we did. What kind of best friends would we be,” Val exclaimed as she wrapped her slender arms around me. I giggled and hugged her back as we pulled apart, “So, spill about Vengeance!” Myesha demanded with a mischief twinkle in her brown eyes.

Princess shoved the slightly taller woman as she hissed, “Myesha! Seriously? Not, the right time to ask that,”

I laughed loudly and shook my head as the two girls started bickering, “Princess, it’s alright. I don’t mind answering it,”

“So, something did happen?!” Val shrieked with wide eyes as I started to blush, “Not really, we only kissed,”

The girls started screeching loudly, like dying banshees as I covered my ears, “Girls, are you trying to make me death!?”

“Sorry Erynn, but this is huge news, ya know,” Ashley retorted with a huge smile as I sighed and glanced down at my fingers, “But, what about Gena?”

“You mean, Cruelle DeVille? Oh, Zacky and her broke up, yesterday,” Myesha commented casually with a wave of her hand as my eyes went wide, “What? How?”

“It was because of that little smooch, Mr. Baker gave you at the party,” Princess explained, puckering her lips as she and Val started mimicking Zacky and I. I blushed madly as I shook my head, “We weren’t like that!”

Ashley giggled madly, “Well, by the looks of you guys kissing. It looked like you guys were going to make hot monkey sex in the middle of the dance floor,”

My face was officially like a tomato as I stared at my best friends, “I really love you girls,”

They gave me serious looks and hugged me, “We love you too, Erynn and please, when something happens just tell us,” Myesha said to me, sincerely as I nodded.

“Okay, let’s get out of here, pretty lady. I know you’re dying to get out of this dreaded place,” Ashley exclaimed, staring around the room.

“Ugh, you have no idea,” I groaned as the girls started helping me out of my hospital gown.

They brought me a clean pair of boy short and bra with a VU shirt, loose-fitting jeans, and flip flops. Once, we were done. Val and Myesha helped me out of the room as we saw all five tattooed guys talking among themselves, “We’re done, guys,”

The guys smiled at me as I caught Matt’s gaze, “Erynn?”

“Matt,” I smiled softly as he walked up to me. We stood in front of each other as I suddenly embraced him. I inhaled his cologne as tears fell, freely from my eyes. Matt’s calloused hands soothed my short as he kissed my forehead, “I’m so glad. You’re okay, Erynn,”

I pulled back and stared at his handsome face, “I wouldn’t be alright if it wasn’t for you, Matt,”

He gave me a million dollar dimpled smile as we hugged again, but that was until I was ripped out of his strong tattooed arms, “ERYNN!” Jimmy wailed loudly as he squeezed the life out of me.

I ignored the pain coming from my ribs, because I always knew Jimmy’s hugs were always the best, “Jimbo!” I squealed, patting his head as he gave me an adorable grin, “You’re alright, sweetcheeks,”

I laughed and nodded my head, “Yes, I’m alright, daddy long legs,”

Jimmy had an unreadable look in his crystal blue eyes as he grabbed my hair, “Your hair?”

I grabbed a strand and spoke, “I needed a haircut, anyways,” I said in joking manner, even though, everybody truly knew what happened to my hair.

“So, everybody is alright. Let’s get the hell out of here,” Brian exclaimed with his arm around Myesha as we began walking out of the hospital.

Zacky wrapped his arm around my waist as he kissed my cheek, “I have a surprise for you,”

I raised my eyebrow at me as he had a smile on his face, “What kind of surprise?”

“You’ll see,” he said in a sing-song voice and I didn’t say anything further, but I had a feeling this will bound to be a good surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another update!

So, what kind of surprise does Zacky have for Erynn?! Stay tuned to find out....

Comments, Readers, Subscribers. 10 stars, here I come. ;)