Status: Slowly Active.

Affliction

010.

The ride from the hospital was silent other than the radio playing. Zacky kept his eyes on the road as I would spare small glances from the corner of my eye. I wanted to know what surprise Zacky had in store for me. I was anxious and kept fidgeting with my seatbelt, when Zacky placed a hand on my thigh. We had stopped at a stoplight and Zack turned his head to me, “A little agitated are we?” he joked as the light turned green and he continued driving.

I let out a small laugh, “Yes, I am. I just want to know what’s going on. But, as we can see you won’t tell me,” I grumbled under my breath, crossing my arms under my bust as Zacky laughed at me, “You’ll see when we get there, Erynn.” He gave my thigh a comfortable squeeze as that gesture sent sparks throughout my body. A blush invaded my cheeks as I turned the other way. Everything was happening so fast between Zack and I making me have doubts about this relationship. Was I getting ahead of myself? Am I really that desperate for a man in my life? Most importantly, am I ready to commit any sexual activities with Zacky.

I shuddered thinking about that fact. I was never intimate with Chris, unless he forced himself on me and when, I didn’t give him what he wanted he’ll hit me. Chris always degraded on my body, calling me fat or pathetic. I would feel so useless, when he checks out girls right in front of me. From then on, I was put in a serious state of depression. I would starve myself or worse, I’d cut. I knew that was a huge issue among teenagers, but I was driven to that point. I couldn’t get a therapist, because Chris would find out and punish me even more. I was so worthless and didn’t give a damn about myself. I seriously wanted to end my life, but I couldn’t. I had Armani to take care of and friends, who cared about me. I stared out the passing view, that I didn’t notice the tears trickling down my face. The wet trickles fell freely down my face as I didn’t try to wipe them away.

Zacky noticed my silence and spared me a glance as he saw tears falling down my face, “Oh jesus, Erynn. Are you okay?” he pulled the car over on the curb, turning off the ignition.

He turned in the driver’s seat and I didn’t reply to him. I glanced down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers as I kept my eyes down, “I tried killing myself.”

Zacky didn’t say anything as I continued speaking, “Chris took my happiness away and I thought I would never smile again. I had to keep my eyes down all the time, when I was around him. I couldn’t speak to him, until I had permission. I wasn’t treated like a princess. I was treated like property. Chris cheated on me, numerous of times and I always took it. I would cry myself to sleep, hoping someone could take this life away from me. I didn’t deserve that…none of it. I was very self-conscious about my appearance and shunned myself away from you guys. Chris has given me multiple black eyes, bruised lips, and stitches. He’d take me to hospital and tell the doctors, that it was an accident or I fell.” I laughed softly, “Yeah right, I fell right into his fist if I didn’t fuck him right or cook his dinner. I thought so little of myself and I couldn’t endure it anymore. So, I took a bottle of Xanax and debated on overdosing, but I couldn’t because I had Armani to think about.” I said completely pouring my eyes out as Zacky listened to me.

I bent over and placed my face in my hands as I started sobbing, “I couldn’t take it anymore, Zacky. I hated myself and I hated him so fucking much. I just want to be happy again.” I cried as my body shook from tears. Zack stared at me as he placed his calloused hand on my back slowly sliding up to my shoulder. Zacky brought my body into his as he soothed my short hair. No words were spoken as he rubbed my back and kissed my forehead with his pierced lips. My sobs started to calm down as I pulled back slightly. Zack lifted my chin up and gave me a serious look, “I’ll never do that too you, Erynn. You’re so beautiful and I’ll never let a man put his hands on you ever again. Not when, I’m around. I truly love you and I’m not bullshitting either. I never stopped loving you for the longest and I’m going to show you, how a man is suppose to treat a woman.”

A small smile graced my lips as I gave Zacky a soft peck on the cheek, “Thank you.” I whispered as Zacky kissed my lips, while squeezing my hand. We pulled away as Zacky kept a firm hold on my hand as he started back the car. I leaned my head against the window as he continued his drive towards his destination.

+++++

Sleep took over my body as I felt someone shaking me, “Erynn, wake up. We’re here.”

My eyes were groggy as I sat up in the passenger seat, rubbing my eyes. I observed my surroundings and noticed we were at Zack’s house, “Zacky, we’re at your house. What’s the surprise?” I asked incredulously as Zacky laughed at me, “Its inside. Now come on,” he mused getting out of the car and walking towards the house.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, unbuckling myself as I slammed the car door and followed him into the house. I closed the door behind me and turned around, “Zacky, what….”

I stopped mid-sentences to see boxes all over the house, “Zacky, where did these boxes come from?” I asked walking closer as my eyes widened. Zacky rocked on his heels as he rubbed the back of his neck, “From your condo.”

I turned to face him as Zacky walked up to me, grabbing my hands in his calloused ones, “Why are they here?”

Zack sighed heavily, licking over his snakebites and stared into my hazel eyes, “They’re here, because I want you to move in with me.”

My heart stopped as Zacky searched my face, dropping my hands, “You don’t like that idea, huh?”

I shook my head roughly, “What? No!”

Zacky gazed into my eyes, “Then, what is it?”

I turned around, wrapping my arms around my waist, “I don’t want to be a charity case to you.”

Zacky sighed and turned me around, making me face him, “Erynn, you aren’t a charity case to me. I really want you to move in with me?” he pleaded as I looked into his pretty sea green eyes, that Armani also inherits, “You really want Armani and I to stay with you?” I said with a small smile as Zacky nodded his head, giving me a sincere smile, “Yes, I want us to live together like a family.”

Those words brought happy tears to my eyes as I nodded my head, “Then, yes, I would love to live with you, Zacky.”

“Really?” he exclaimed with a huge ass smile as I giggled and nodded vigorously, “Oh my god!” he hollered, picking me up and twirling me around. But, he noticed the discomfort on my face, “Oh shit, I’m sorry, baby.”

I laughed and kissed his cheek, “Its alright. We all get excited at times.”

Zacky kissed my lips, passionately before giving me a goofy grin, “I’ll be back. I’m going to call the guy and tell them the great news.”

I ran my hand through my hair and chuckled softly as Zacky ran off, like he was king of the world. I glanced around the house, touching the boxes with my hands as I let out a content sigh. This probably was the best decision, I’ve ever made in long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I admit this chapter made me tear up. Abuse is a very touchy subject and if I offended anybody, I'm truly sorry. Its really hard writing about it, but I'm brave enough to right about it. So, to the readers and comments, I truly appreciate it. Even though, I'm just writing this for myself. Like, I said if this story offends anybody, I'm truly sorry.

However, on the happier note. I have a Corey Taylor/Brian Haner, Jr. story. *hint* *hint*