Enthused

12

I blinked a couple times. I was confused until I looked over to my desk. Tom was sitting there writing something. "What are you writing?" I asked.

He smiled at me and looked down at what he was writing. "Just doing some homework," He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted because I was bleeding really badly. You hit your head and got a slight concussion. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"A little dizzy. I'm kind of remembering now. Scott tackled you. Oh Scott! Why did he get kicked out of his house?" I asked.

"He came home drunk and smelling like pot. His parents were sick of it," Tom explained. He walked over to me and I pulled him onto my bed. He smiled and I started to kiss him. I didn't even care if I had morning breathe. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him as close as possible. He added tongue and we did that for what felt like the best ten minutes of my life. We parted grinning at each other.

"Good morning," I said smiling.

"Afternoon," Tom corrected, "It's 1:15. Oh fuck! I gotta go to band practice!" Tom kissed me then got up and ran out. I got up and took a nice hot shower. Once I was out I went to the living room. My mom was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked.

"That Tom is a cutie!" she said. I blushed.

"Mom!" I shouted.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah," I told her.

"Oh well that is just so cute!" She said.

"Stop," I said smiling.

"How are you feeling?" She asked looking concerned now.

"Much better," I said. The door opened and Garrett walked in followed by Erica. This is the first time I actually saw her body. She was a twig and so tall. I was jealous.

"Hey Carri," Garrett said to my mom. My mom just smiled and waved.

"Hey Dahl!" Erica said. "How are you feeling?"

"So much better," I said.

"Oh my gosh! I have things to tell you that you probably don't know!" Erica exclaimed pulling me into the basement. There was bedsheets on the couch and a pillow.

"Ugh, this must be Scott's room now," I groaned.

"What?" Erica asked.

"He got kicked out of his house. I guess he is staying here now," I explained.

"Oh! That sucks!" Erica said. "Okay, so I have to tell you stuff!" She pulled me over to the couch and we sat down. She didn't stop smiling the whole time.

"What is it!" I exclaimed smiling.

"So when you fainted and Tom pulled you into his lap, it literally looked like he was about to cry. This is the first time I've ever seen him like that! Then after, he just kept saying it was all his fault. And I was on the phone with his little sister Kari and she said he was all torn up about something when he got home, and it was probably the fact that you fainted! That is so cute!"

"Really?" I asked grinning like an idiot. "I feel bad, but oh my gosh... that's so cute!"

"Yeah! He is like, an amazing boyfriend!" Erica agreed.

"He has a sister though?" I asked.

"Yeah, Kari. She is a sweetheart! He also has an older brother, Shon." Erica explained.

"How old are they?" I wondered.

"Hmmm, Kari just turned 7 I think. She adores Tom! She is so cute! I'm not sure how old Shon is. I think he might be away at college. I never see him around anymore," Erica told me.

"They all get along well?" I asked.

"Well, Shon is the normal older brother. The whole stereo type. Tom and Kari get a long really well! She wants to go everywhere with him! You will probably meet her soon. I babysit for her sometimes." Erica said.

"That reminds me of Mark and I. I used to love going everywhere with him. That's how I met Tom, so I guess it's a good thing," I laughed.

"That's adorable! Wait until you see Tom and Kari! She never leaves his side. It took a little while for me to get her to talk to me." Erica admitted.

"Ah, shit and you are outgoing! I'm shy," I said nervously.

Erica and I chatted for a little bit longer in the basement. Probably an hour or two. I got a long really well with her. I couldn't really imagine anyone not getting a long with her. I usually didn't talk to girls this well, but Erica was amazing.

"What are you doing in my room?" We heard someone say. We turned around and it was Scott.

"My basement," I corrected him.

"Scott, relax dude. Be cool," Erica told him.

"Hey, Erica. How bout you and Dahl make out for me. Put on a little show," Scott laughed.

"Scott!" I said and threw his pillow at him. He made kissy faces at me and I ran upstairs disgusted. Erica followed me laughing. We came upstairs and saw Tom, Mark, and Jen. Jen....

"Hey, Jen. What are you doing here?" Erica asked smiling.

"I came to watch their band practice," Jen said to Erica. I felt a pang of jealousy. I didn't get invited.

"Coolio," Erica said before throwing herself on the couch next to Jen. Mark was in the chair and Tom was on the other side of Jen. I felt awkward again just standing there. Tom patted his lap and I gladly sat there. I saw Jen glance over and quickly look away.

"Still feeling okay?" Tom asked me while pulling me close to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and nodded.

"Tom, I told Dahl all about Kari. She has to meet her!" Erica told Tom.

"You want to meet her?" Tom asked me.

"Yes," I told him smiling.

"Lets go!" He said.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yeah why not?" He said, "Anyone want to come?" He asked.

"I do!" Erica said.

"I'm gonna go take a nap," Mark yawned and went to his room.

"Jen?" Tom asked.

"Oh, yeah sure. I'll go," She said.

"I'll go ask Scott if he wants to go," Tom said going to the basement.

"Oh isn't Kari just the cutest!" Erica said to Jen.

"Well, I've seen her, but I never talked to her. She probably doesn't know who I am," Jen laughed.

Tom and Scott came up. I was disappointed that Scott was going. "Let's go," Tom said picking me up. I laughed.

"You can't walk there like that!" I said laughing trying to get down.

"Oh, yeah I can!" He challenged, "But, I won't," He put me down, "You don't want me too."

I grabbed his hand and said, "Good."

We walked to Tom's house, which wasn't that far. It was pretty small, and brown.

"Do you guys want to come in? Or should I bring her out?" Tom asked.

"It's gorgeous out!" Erica exclaimed,"Bring her out! We could take her to the park."

"Okay, be right back," He said jogging into his house.

"Jen, how do you feel about Tom and Dahl?" Scott asked, being the dick that he is.

"Shut up!" Erica shouted and covered his mouth. I looked down awkwardly.

"You bitch!" Scott said once he got away.

"Hey guys," Tom said walking holding hands with a blond little girl. She was a cute kid!

"Kari!" Erica said and ran up to her hugging her. Kari just smiled and hugged back. She looked shy.

Tom walked over to me, "Kari, this is my girlfriend. Her name is Dahl."

"Hey Kari!" I said smiling at her.

"Hi," She said shyly.

"She wanted to meet you," Tom told Kari. Kari smiled shyly. "Do you wanna hang out with Dahl?" She nodded her head. I smiled at her. She was really shy.

We walked over to this park by Tom's house. Erica played with Kari on the jungle gym. Scott and Jen were talking on the swings. He was probably being a dick. Tom and I were standing near the jungle gym.

"She seemed to like you," Tom said to me.

"She's adorable!" I said.

"Yeah. Never really fought with her," Tom admitted.

"That's nice," I said.

Kari ran over to Tom and hugged him, "I miss you," She said. Erica mouthed the word 'Aw' to me. I smiled and nodded.

"You miss me?" Tom asked smiling at her.

"Yeah. You are never home," She said still hugging him. It looked funny because he is about 6'4" and she was just the height of an average 7 year old.

"Well, you could hang out with me and Dahl more," He told her.

Kari smiled, "Yeah!" She said before running back to the jungle gym. Tom put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

After a while we got some fast food and took Kari back to my house. We were all in the basement. Mark came down with us. He joked with her a lot and it was really funny. When we all laughed she would just smile and hide behind Tom or Erica.

"What time to you have to have her home by?" Erica asked Tom.

"Eight," Tom said, "She goes to bed at 8:30 so yeah..."

"Kari, wanna make out?" Scott asked.

"She's seven!" Erica said and slapped Scott's knee.

"Dude!" Tom said, "Kari come here!" Kari went over to Tom and sat between us on our bean bag chair. She rested her head on Tom and looked creeped out.

"It was worth a try..." Scott mumbled.

"You freaked the poor girl out!" Jen said, "Look she is holding on to Tom for dear life."

"She does that a lot..." Scott said.

"I'd do that too!" I said.

"Dahlia, wanna make out?" Scott asked. I ran over to Mark and held on to him. Everyone laughed.

"You scare me..." I said to Scott. I went over next to Tom and Kari and sat back down.

"Blink..." Tom said.

"What?" Mark said.

"Blink. Blink! Remember we were thinking of band names? I like Blink," Tom said.

"That was random..." Mark said, "Where did you come up with that?"

"Well, I was thinking about it while skate boarding... I just remembered it!" Tom said.

"Okay, Blink it is!" Mark said.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72BE-j1iNcw
The premiere was last night and I died. I loved it! Up All Night! I took over twitter and facebook and a lot of blink fans recognize my name now. Lol!