Enthused

2

I found myself in the waiting room of the hospital. This day was most definitely the most interesting day of this entire school year for me. First, I meet a guy, that I think I could like, and then my brother gets sent to the hospital. Fun day.

My mom came rushing in, her face was beat red. She turned to Anne and her boyfriend, completely ignoring my existence. "What happened?" my mother seemed exhausted and worried as she asked this. Tears were welling up in her eyes.

"He jumped off a lamppost, Mom," Anne answered, trying her best to keep a straight face. I could see the humor, it was a very stupid, yet funny, stunt. Although, there is one thing I agree with Mark on and that is: trying to look cool in front of Tom. I don't know why, but I feel something for him. I never felt this way before. I mean sure, I've had boyfriends and crushes, just not this quick.

"Oh gosh, your brother would do something like that," My mom mumbled as she took a seat next to me.

"We tried to warn him!" Anne defended us.

"I'm sure you did," My mom said in agreement, "I just don't get why he wanted to do something like this." Their chatting quickly turned into back round noise, and then drifted off into a deep sleep. My days usually aren't as hectic as this one is.

I woke up the next morning. The sun was shining harshly on my eyelids. I blinked a couple of times to get used to it. According to the clock, it was 9 A.M., on a lovely Saturday morning in San Diego, California. I stepped out of bed on the cold hard wood floor. My reflection starred at me from my full length mirror. I didn't like what I saw. It was a girl with long, straight, brown hair parted to the side. She was on the shorter side, but not exactly short. The only good thing about her was her curvy body. Puberty went well for her. As you can tell, this girl is me.

I shook off the depressed thoughts and walked into the kitchen. My mom was at the dinning room table. Usually she has work today. "Mom," I yawned ,"What are you doing home?"

"I had to stay home to take care of Mark." She said looking down.

"What happened?" Suddenly I got curious.

"He broke both his ankles and shattered both his heals." She was shaking her head as she said this. Again, she was starting to get emotional so I walked over to my T.V. and put on the morning news. It sooths me on Saturday mornings. A bunch of commercials and jingles played, getting me pretty bored . While I was about to drift back into a deep sleep the door bell rang. My heart started pounding out of my chest. What if it was Tom? He would see me in plaid pajama shorts with an over-sized t-shirt. That is no way I ever want him to see me.

"Dahl! Get the door!" My mom yelled. Cheeks red and heart beating I stumbled to the door. I looked at the door knob about to answer it when the person started to knock. "Dahl!" My mom yelled again. Shakily, I put my hand on the door knob and swung open the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe. Continue reading.