Enthused

7

Who doesn't hate alarm clocks? Well, I guess masochists. It wasn't until I realized that I would probably be seeing Tom at my school that I sprang out of bed. I stood in front of my closet. It was decision time. I didn't normally dress to impress guys. I pulled out a pair of black shorts, a white cami, and a tight grey sweatshirt. Maybe this would be good.

I skipped out of my room as happy as I could be until I saw what was inhabiting my living room. Scott. "What is he doing here?" I asked Mark.

"Well, I live near bye, and I'm going to be helping Mark carry his books around school. Oh, and Dahl, you're fucking hot!" Scott explained.

"Uh. Okay, well I would kill myself if I were Mark, but cool whatever," I replied.

"You are dressed that way for Tom?" Scott asked.

"Shut up," I said taking a bite of an apple.

"How did you know that Tom got transferred to our school? Do you like stalk him?"

"No, do you like stalk me? You seem to be always around. Besides, I just met Tom, how could I have time to stalk him? And that doesn't mean I'm dressed this way for him!"

"Yeah, sure. He knows you like him." My cheeks turned so red.

"I don't!" Childish I know, but it came naturally to defend myself.

"Just kidding! But, you should know about Jen. She and Tom are an item, sort of."

"He said he didn't like her." I couldn't believe I said that out loud.

"Guys, please, it is too early for this," Mark interfered.

"Sorry, dude," Scott said.

Garrett walked in and said, "As soon as Anne is ready we could go."

I picked up my bag and Anne came out of her room. We piled into Garrett's van and drove to school. As soon as we made it to school I saw Tom standing outside with a group of people. I noticed a brown haired girl standing next to him, I assumed this was Jen.

"That's Jen," Scott whispered to me.

"I don't care," I said.

I got out of the van and went straight to my locker. I realized I should probably stay away from Tom. I didn't want to mess with this Jen person. After all, I was stepping onto her territory. She had Tom first. It hurt to have to accept this.

I couldn't concentrate all through the first three periods. My stomach turned when lunch came. I didn't want to see Tom and Jen. I didn't want to know about them. I wished they didn't go to my school.

I went to my locker and Scott was there. This just made my day worse. "Why aren't you helping Mark?" I asked.

"Tom wanted to do it," Scott said.

"Why are you at my locker? More importantly, how did you know this was my locker?" I asked.

"I saw you at it earlier," He explained.

"Oh okay, well bye." I tried to shoo him off.

"We are having lunch together."

"Ew, no. I don't want to spend my lunch with you. You are annoying."

"Why do you have to be so mean?" He said and started to turn away. I felt guilty.

"Wait," I couldn't believe I was doing this, "Where do you want to go?" Scott turned around and smiled. We sat on a bench in front of the school. I was glad to be away from my weird 'friends'.

"Why did you want to have lunch with me?" I finally asked.

"I want to be friends. I don't want you to hate me." He confessed.

"I didn't hate you before."

"Thanks, I guess. Can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Why do you like Tom?"

"I don't," I lied.

"Fine. We can talk about this when you own up to it."

_

After school I waited by Garrett's van. Usually he would drive me home if his van was still in the parking lot by the time I got out of school. Tom walked over to me. My heart was pounding. Was he coming over to talk to me?

"Hey," He said smiling.

"Hi," I said shyly. Then I remembered what Scott had told me earlier, "I thought you were helping Mark."

"Yeah, I was. Oh fuck!" He exclaimed and ran back to the school. I watched him get to the door. By that time, some girl was already helping Mark. I recognized that girl as Jen. They were all walking over to the van. Now, my heart was really pumping. I was so nervous. I didn't know if I should start walking or get a ride home with Jen and Tom acting all coupley. I didn't have much time to think though, because they were already at the van.

"Hey, Dahl, I'm Jen. I've heard a lot about you," Jen smiled at me.

I gulped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, an update! Wow. That took forever. Haha.