Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

One.

"Mom, seriously can you please hurry up we need to go!” I yelled

"Oh Candice it‘s perfectly fine! We‘ll be on time. Stop worrying so much." My mom said.

Of course, it's the same thing every time we have to go somewhere. Especially, when it's Habs games we have to go to. She always takes forever and I don't get why. She spends like at least an hour on her hair. Honestly, it looks the same way when she goes in and when she leaves the bathroom. Really?? It’s such a waste! She takes time to look the same in the end. Sometimes I just want to strangle her.

"MOM I'm being fucking serious now! We're going to be late! So, I suggest you hurry up." I yell louder then the first time.

"Excuse me Candice that is no way to speak to your mother. I am honestly appalled at this behavior .What is happening to you? She said as she was walking down the stairs.

“Sorry mom, it’s just you always take extremely long to get ready and dad and I are always waiting on you. It gets really annoying and frustrating; sure I may have over reacted a little bit. Just understand mom that it’s really annoying.” I said.

“Alright, well your apology has been accepted and I’m sorry. It’s just you never know who might be around.” she said.

“Yea mom, just hurry up and get into the car” I said.

"Candice where is she?" My dad asked.

“She said she was coming, she was walking down the stairs; so, she should be here soon, hopefully. I said

“Alright." My dad said.

I couldn't wait! I love the Habs and that‘s the way it‘ll always be. They are my team and I will support them through thick and thin. I've never been so into hockey like I am now. I don’t know what happened to me. I went from not knowing about it to falling madly in love with it. I’m extremely glad that this change has emerged in me.

My parents are extreme Habs fans! I do mean extreme. Like, they are on nhl.com 24/7. Honestly I don’t know how they do it. I love hockey as well but I can’t be on Nhl.com every second of my life. It seems as though it’s the only site they know.

See, I have this secret crush on one of the bruins’ players and well hopefully I’ll get a pretty clear view of him. His name is none other than Milan Lucic. Yes, I like Milan Lucic. Is that such a crime? Well, to my parents it is. But, for me it’s not. Sure he’s got the reputation for being an arrogant ass and apparently he’s stubborn. But, something tells me there’s another side to him; a softer side one that’s venerable and understanding and will listen to people. I’m sure he does have that side and I want to be the song to bring out of him. But, sadly I can’t. You see my parents they already have my future planned out. I supposedly going to marry a Habs player and we're going to have, Habs loving kids and they will play for the Habs too. I know it sounds crazy. But when you have money like my dad does, it's actually something possible. I didn’t want that, not at all. Sure, I would probably only be seen as a fan girl in Milan Lucic’s eyes, but it would be worth the shot. I mean sure I didn’t know all that much about him, from what I do know I think we’d make a pretty good match.

“Finally, mom, seriously though you were walking down the stairs where‘d you do?" I asked.

"Yes honey, I was there but I felt my makeup needed one more coat and hair needing a little tweaking” She said.

"Yea, Yea mom whatever, you look the same to me." I said not really caring anymore.

We finally started driving the car. I mean damn it, I was really scared that we’d be late and I really didn’t want to be late. Then I realized something, it was a little early to be going to the game. The game started at seven thirty and it was currently only four thirty. Sure, we’d get there before the game would start but, never this early.

"So, where are seats today?" I asked

"The seats, oh where they usually are. Today, Candice we're doing something special for you; since you're birthday is coming up. You get to go to the locker rooms and talk to the players." My dad said

I was so happy about this. I would get to meet the habs and hopefully the Boston Bruins too well, mainly Milan Lucic. But, that wouldn’t happen if my parents were coming. Oh I hope they aren’t.

"Am I going alone?" I asked

“Yes, of course. We want you to have fun! You don't need us there." My mom said.

Yes! I thought to myself. This meant I could go see them too. This means that even if I meet Milan Lucic they can’t and won’t know anything. This was going to be a fun day that's for sure! I can't wait until we arrive there.

"Candice we're here! There's a man waiting for you he'll take you down." My dad said.

"Oh okay cool!" I said

I got out of the car and was escorted into the long and slightly narrow hallway. It actually smelt good. I was surprised; I mean it's the hallway to the locker rooms. It had a sweet smell, still don't ask me how. I guess they were really clean.

I was walking around all alone with nothing to do, trying to find where the locker room was. Then I saw a tall figure standing at the end of the hallway. He looked about I'd say 6'1"-6'3". I wasn't sure if I should walk toward it or away from it. At first glance I thought it was Milan but then I thought nah, it can’t be him. That would be too good to be true.

I didn't know what to do. The figure was walking up toward me. I didn't know if I should stay, walk closer to it or turn around and walk the other way.

"Hello," the figure called. Hm, his voice did sound like Milan’s voice.

“Hi," I said back

“You seem lost." The figure said again.

"Yea would you happen to know where the Habs dressing room is?" I asked

“Well to be honest, not exactly but I could take you to the Boston Bruins' dressing room."

When he said that I turned around, OH MY GOD it was Milan Lucic! He was my all time favorite Boston player! That means I was right! This is just insane; I’m getting to meet him! I’m getting to talk to him. Oh my! This is just crazy.

"Oh umm," Was all I could say.

"Do you want me to take you there?" He asked

“Sure; Why not?" I said

“Awesome! I’m Milan Lucic and you are?" He asked

“Oh I’m Candice." I said

“Nice name." He said

“Thank you. So how long a walk is it?" I asked

“Well, it’s just down the hall, that's the room I just came out of." He said

“Oh alright. So I guess I can go alone." I said in a complete stupid tone.

"Alone, hmm…Now what kind of guy would I be, to let a pretty girl like you go into a room full of guys?" He said with a smirk

“ah," Was all I could say.

I was so stupid, how could I be doing this; practically flirting with Milan Lucic. I had to stop, if my parents found out what was going on right now at this very moment in time, I was over. They’d be really mad. Sure I have a massive crush on him but, my parents. They would never allow this.

He took my hand in his and I quickly pulled away without even thinking. Oh my! Milan Lucic grabs my hand and I pull away! What kind of moron am I? I pulled away from his grip. I didn’t want to though. For that split second it felt so right having my hand in his.

"I'm sorry, Candice that was stupid of me. Pretend I never did that ok?" He said

His face fell. Hmm, for someone who has a reputation of being a cocky jerk he sure seems to be a little soft. Now I really felt horrible.

"Don't be sorry, it's not that I don't want to hold hands with you. I actually really do want to. It's just well; I shouldn't even be talking to you." I said

“Oh you do. Then why’d you pull away? Oh and why would that be?" He asked with a voice full of defeat and sorrow.

"I have extreme Habs fans as parents and if they found out I was talking to you that would be it." I said

“Oh, I understand then. Well, a, I uh. I guess I better go then." He said

Oh Great! Finally I’m alone with Milan and he decides he’s going to go. Oh this sucks.

"No don’t go. Well as you can see they aren't exactly around, so it shouldn't be a problem. Call me crazy but I like the habs and the Bruins. So are you going to take me?" I asked flirtatiously

“Hmm, going against your parents, I like that. Oh so you’re one of those few fans. Well, I like that too. And sure I’ll take you, just one question. My I take your hand again?" He asked rather shyly.

This was quite interesting. Why would he be so shy all of a sudden? These people really need to get their stories straight.

"Oh you like that about me huh? Oh, let me think. Why yes of course you may." I said

“Yes, I happen to like that um very much.” he said.

He took my hand and walked me down the hall and into the dressing room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the 1st chapter! :) 5 comments before next update!!