Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Two.

Walking into the locker room, I got all nervous and stuff. I wasn’t sure what made me more nervous though, the fact that I was in the dressing room of the Bruins, or if it was because Milan Lucic brought me here. It could have been a mixture of the two.

The locker room was huge. It was big enough to host like seventy people, I’m not even kidding. I would be able to live here for how nice it is. What you see in pictures and on TV is nowhere near the size of what it actually is.

All of the Boston boys were sitting down and just socializing. It was actually kind of amusing to see Alex Kovalev in the room. I guess off the ice they were actually friends with each other.

"Whoa there Milan, you pick ‘em up quick don't you." I think it was Tim Thomas who said that.
I'm not exactly sure though.

At first I didn't get why he’d say that, then I realized that we were still holding hands.
I blushed instantly; I still couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that Milan and I were holding hands.

"Oh no, umm I was kind of lost and Milan just helped me find my way." I said.

“Sure, that’s a real convincing story,” Tim said.

Milan shot him a look.

"Anyways. Candice you want me to show you around?" He asked.

His voice was so sexy!

I loved it, it was beautiful, and I could listen to that all day long.

Jeez Candice, don’t get ahead of yourself, you just met this guy.

"Sure, I'd love a tour." I said.

I felt my face get even more pink.

"Ohhh. Milan...don't hurt her now." Patrice said.

My eyes widened at that comment.

Don’t hurt me? Did Milan hurt girls when he gave them tours? How many tours did Milan give to girls? And How many girls were there?

"Stop trying to scare the girl please." He said, turning a little pink himself.

This was just all so weird, I barely knew the guy and this was happening. Sure he’s Milan Lucic, but it’s still the first time we’ve ever met face to face.

“Just making sure she takes precaution” Patrice said.

All of their talk was actually starting to scare me a little bit.

“Just ignore them please,” Milan said as he whisked me away from the rest of the boys.
I had the biggest smile on my face right now. This was going to be a great birthday, I knew it would be.

"This is where we change into our uniforms and stuff." He said.
"Oh wow! nice place." I said.

He took me to where all his equipment was and he gestured for me to sit down. As I looked up I noticed he wanted me to sit right under his name, this was so cool. I felt really special.

“You like sitting there?” He asked.

I guess he noticed how huge my smile was right now.

“I do,” I said happily.

“Great,”

Damn, that smirk he wore.

I'm so happy that my parents decided not to come with me; if they did I wouldn't be here right now.
My parents wouldn’t exactly appreciate it if they knew I was hanging out with the Boston Bruins, and especially Milan Lucic. He was the one they hated the most. They really wanted me to focus on meeting the Habs, and I had every intention of doing so, but I really wanted to spend time with Milan right now because this was just amazing.

For the record, we’re in Boston right now. Yes, my parents decided we’d take a trip to Boston to see the game vs. Montreal and also my dad had to come here to do some business. Since it was my birthday my parents thought it would be really great for it to be a family trip. We were leaving first thing in the morning, heading to Vermont and then back home to Montreal.

Anyways back to Milan and I.

This was really nice, I was sitting here alone with him and it was kind of cool. I didn’t feel like some crazed fan at the moment, even though I am, I felt like Milan and I were close friends and that I had known him for a while. He was treating me as an equal. There literally was no athlete and fan thing going on right now and I thought that was just wonderful. It made me see how human he really was.

“You know, not every girl gets to come back here,” he said.

“Oh really?” I asked.

“Yes, only a few select special girls get to come back here,” he said with a wink.

Damn, I guess I wasn’t the only girl then, it made me wonder even more about how many girls he actually brought into here.

“Who are those girls?” I asked.

I felt myself being a little bit envious even though I shouldn’t be feeling that at all. I mean, I just met him and after all he is a hockey player who can get any girl he wants. He took me here because he saw I was lost, he didn’t take me here for any other reason.

“Well you know, my mom and all the other females in my family, or if I’m dating a girl then I bring her back here too,” he said.

The look in his eyes that met my gaze when he mentioned the word dating made my heart flutter. It felt as though someone had just professed their love to me.

Damn, I need to stop this shit, I sound insane.

"Umm, do you mind if I change?" He asked

That kind of came unexpectedly, but it snapped me out of my stupid moment.

"No, It's fine,” I said.

He smiled at me.

Oh right, I needed to get out.

“I’ll get out, It's your changing room not mine. I'll give you time." I said

He smirked again.

What was going on in that wicked mind of his?

"Well, you know, ummm, you can, it's,-uhm- well- you don’t-ya know,”

I must admit, it was really adorable to see Milan get all tongue tied. He reminded me of those kids in elementary school who were about to tell the girl that they had a crush on them and they were so scared they would be rejected.

“No I don’t know,” I said.

“You don’t have to leave,” he said.

My face got flushed. He just invited me to watch him change, wow.

How could I say no to that offer? He was Milan Lucic after all.

“You want me to stay?” I asked.

“If-you-uhm-want to then, uh-sure-I mean-uh-yes, yes I want you-”

“To stay,” he added in quickly with a blush.

Nice save, I thought to myself.

I really didn’t understand why he was tongue tied with me. Sure I thought it was cute, but why would be tongue tied with me? He had no reason to be really, I wasn’t one to make people get shy. I was usually the one who was getting tongue tied around people it was never the other way around. Milan really didn’t seem like the type to get shy around girls, let alone a girl like me. I wasn’t exactly one to be taken aback by.

“You want me to stay and while you get changed?” I asked.

I was pretty shocked that he said I could.

“Sure, I mean, if it doesn’t bother you, I don’t mind if you stay,” he said.

Whoa, he didn’t mind if I stayed, I mean that is a bit odd, but I didn’t exactly want to leave.

"Oh ok then. I guess I can stay then." I said.

"Good, now don’t drool." He said laughing after the comment.

“Psh, you wish,” I said

“Oh, I see how it is,” he said.

I smirked a little.

He removed his shirt slowly and holy shit, his chest! It was toned and chiselled; he had a six pack and everything. His pecks were beautiful and I wanted to touch him.

It was so freaking sexy.

I just stared at him for a little while, lost really, lost in his abs.

"Candice,Candice." He called.

Shit, he must have noticed that I was staring.

"Oh um...sorry." I said, feeling so stupid.

“Please, please tell me that after this you won’t just leave,” he said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You’re not a puck bunny are you?” he asked?

Fuck, I should have left, maybe he was testing me. Shit. He thought I was a puck bunny, I was done.

"No,” I said.

He didn’t seem to be convinced.

“It’s just, Milan, you’re my favorite Boston Bruins player and getting to meet you was pretty unexpected and shocking, then you said you I could stay and watch you change and your chest is very nice. I just couldn’t help but stare,” I said.

He smiled.

"Good, I'm glad you're not a puck bunny. It’s just the last girl I brought here, my girlfriend, turned out to be a puck bunny, found that only after being with her for a month and a half,”

He paused for a second.

“And she used me, and I spent lots of money on her and...Sorry, this is not something we should be discussing, not like it would matter to you anyway, sorry.” He said.

I genuinely felt bad for him; I didn’t think that he was going to feel so terrible about opening up
about his ex-girlfriend. He really didn’t have to say sorry; I actually wanted to hear what he had to say.

“No, don’t say sorry. She’s the one who missed out, and w all make mistakes Milan, so don’t blame yourself over it, you really liked her I’m sure. And plus, who cares about her, you’re my favorite anyway,”

After I said that, I wanted to crawl under a rock. What the hell had I just done? I wish I could have taken that back, but based on the smile that Milan wore right now; I guess I hadn’t fucked it up too much.

“I’m your favorite huh? Well that’s something I don’t hear often at all, most people see me as the stupid fighter. Tim Thomas and Patrice Bergeron seem to get most of the love, they always forget me, but you didn’t and that makes me happy.” He said

I smiled at him and I looked him dead in the eyes. I could see something sparkle in them and that made me feel something in my heart.

“I’m glad that I could make you feel happy,” I said honestly.

“So this may sound completely egotistical, but do you want to touch my chest?”

What the hell? Did I hear right? Did he really just ask me what I thought he did?

I had butterflies in my stomach and I wasn’t sure what I should do.

“Do you?” he asked again

I nodded my head shyly and moved my hand toward his chest. This couldn’t be happening right now, there was no way that I was about to touch his chest.

I hit his chest lightly and pulled by finger away right away, I didn’t want him to think I was some hormonal teenager, which I was, but it felt really nice.

“Touch it again, don’t be scared, I don’t bite,” he said

I blushed and went for it again.

Suddenly, I felt his arms wrapped around me.

“I just hug,” he whispered.

Who knew Milan could be so cheesy?

I loved it though, I was about to pull back slightly and he pulled me in closer.

“I don’t let go that fast,” he said.

“Why would you hug me?” I asked.

“You said I was you’re favorite player on the Bruins, you’ve been such a sweetheart, you listened to me when I was ranting about my ex, and not to mention you’re extremely pretty,” he said.

"Thanks, you’re actually the first person in a while to tell me I’m really pretty, I usually don’t get that. I really don’t think I’m all that pretty,” I said honestly

“Really, no one calls you pretty?” He asked.

“Yes really,” I said.

“What kind of people do you know?” he asked.

I giggled a little.

“Seriously, you’re so pretty Candice, honestly, you’re really pretty,” he said.

He pulled me in closer to his chest, and he kissed my forehead.

“You know, I’m extremely nervous right now,” I said.

“I make you nervous?” He asked.

“Yes, you do make me nervous, usually I don’t get all that nervous around guys, but I mean you are Milan Lucic. I barely know you, so technically I shouldn’t even be nervous with you right now, but I am, I really, really am. It’s kind of crazy, and hugging you right now, it’s making me feel a little crazy, and you just kissed my forehead and, I’m so, so sorry for rambling on,” I said.

“Candice, calm down, you really shouldn’t be nervous around me. I’m a guy just like every other guy, okay so I have my name on a jersey and people see me on their televisions a lot, but hey, I’m just a dude. I’m nothing special and you shouldn’t be nervous, honestly, it’s me who should be nervous. I am really nervous right now around you, getting me all tongue tied and shit Candice, you don’t really how wonderful it is to be with you right now. It feels like I’ve known you my entire life and I like that feeling.” He said.

This was the sweetest thing any guy has ever said to me. I was floored that he was saying what he was saying about me, it was really the first time we met and he already thought these things of me. I guess I made a really good impression on him.

I’m glad I did.

“Milan,” I said.

“Candice,” he whispered

I felt my heart flutter for what was the millionth time today.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked.

I froze there for a second. He just asked me if I had a boyfriend, holy crap. Why did he ask me that? I mean after all why would he even care if I did? Why did he even want to know?

“Nope, I’m single. And you Milan?” I asked.

His expression changed a little, I couldn’t tell if it was good or bad.
We pulled away from our hug a little bit and I really loved how his hands felt on my hips.

“No girlfriend here, my last one was the puck bunny, after her I decided I needed to take a break from the dating game, but I’m ready to get back in. No boyfriend, perfect, less of a challenge for me.” He said.

He shot me a wink.

Okay, this day was way better than I had ever anticipated.

“Less of a challenge?” I asked.

“Indeed Candice,” he said.

“Well you see Milan, most guys like challenges, maybe you’re a little wimpy after all,” I said.

“Me a wimp? Did you see me kick Komisarek’s ass?” He asked.

I laughed.

When he mentioned his name I realized I hadn’t yet gone to see the Habs. Shit.

"True, you owned Komisarek!" I said.

He pulled me closer to him.

“Hey Milan,” I said

“Yes?” He asked

" I have to go and like see the Habs players because my dad is bound to task me a question, so I better go." I said

"Well, let me take you there please." He said

"I thought you didn't know where it was." I said

“I totally do, it’s my arena isn’t it?” he asked

Damn, I should have realized that, I’m such a moron.

“Then why?” I asked.

“I didn’t want you to run off with them, I wanted to spend time with you,” he said

“You wanted to spend time with me?” I asked.

“Yes, why does that seem like a shock to you?” He asked.

“I’m just me,” I said.

“That’s exactly why I wanted to talk to you. The second I saw you, I was taken aback by your beauty and I thought that you looked so cute being all lost and stuff and I just needed to talk to you,” he said

I smiled and bit my lip a little.

His face was inching closer to mine and I was leaning in as well. Right as his lips were about to touch mine, all I heard was

"Whao!" They both said in unison.

"Yea, um we were just leaving." Milan said

"Oh really, with no shirt on." Tim said

I just realized now that Milan still hadn’t put his shirt on yet.

We really lost track of time.

"Well," He left it at that.

Milan finished getting ready quickly and he took my hand in his again.

He walked me over to the Habs dressing room and I was pretty pleased to be going there. None of the guys in the room had my eye like Milan had and I was happy about that. I just hung out with them, most of them were pretty cool and they made me feel pretty welcomed too.

The only guy I hated was Maxim Lapierre, talk about being an asshole.

I looked down at my watch and realized that I should go back and see my parents.

As I was walking over to see them, I realized that Milan and I would probably never see each other again. I was leaving tomorrow and I wouldn’t be back to Boston ever, it also didn’t help that I was destined to marry a Habs player.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed! :D