Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Seven.

We got back to my place and I was really excited that I was actually going to be cooking lunch with Milan. I was really pleased with the fact that he liked my suggestion and I thought that if I did this it would work really well with him. I really wanted to see him cook.

I let Milan decide what the main dish would be and I decided on the desert.

We were going to eat: jumbo shrimp, pork chops, roasted potatoes and a cucumber and pepper salad. And for our desert we’re going to have lemon squares.

“You know, you didn’t have to pay for everything,” I said.

“Well just know, you’re not dishing out a penny today,” he said

“You’re insane, I will not let you pay for me,”

“Yes you will, there’s no discussion, I planned on paying for you from the start, but then you changed our original plans just for me,” he said

I smiled.

“Your story was beautiful,”

“So are you,” he said

I blushed and he held me closely.

“Shall we start?” I asked.

He agreed and with that we were cooking. Watching Milan cook was totally awesome, he looked so happy and so comfortable at the stove. He was putting spices left and right on the shrimp and on the pork too. He was making my mouth water, because of the food, not because of his amazing biceps.

“I’m taking on the potatoes,” I said

“That’s fine with me,”

We had decided on yellow and purple potatoes, we wanted to have some color and vibrancy to our meal and colorful potatoes seemed like the way to go. I decided that I’d work my magic on these potatoes and I knew he’d like them. If there was one thing I knew how to do well it was make some good ol’ roasted potatoes.

As I put some rosemary on them and began to mix them, I felt two big pairs of arms over mine.

I blushed.

“I just wanted to make sure you were doing it right,”

“Real smooth,” I said

He laughed and kept on doing it with me.

I liked the way his arms felt around mine.

As the time went on, Milan and I kept making our lunch and before we knew it, it was ready and we were going to dig in. The second I put a shrimp in my mouth, I felt like I was in heaven. It was so amazing and I had never tasted a shrimp this good in my life before.

“Wow,” I said

“You like it?”

“Nah, more like love it, you’re an amazing cook,”

“Thanks, your potatoes are amazing,” he said

“I think your touch pushed them over the edge,” I said.

“You really think so?” He asked.

“I know so,” I said

I was trying to be sly and suave with him. I really wanted this date to go well.

“When we’re done with lunch, I’m excited to go around Montreal,”

“I can’t wait to take you around,” I said

---
We were in the car, and we were just driving around Montreal. We were laughing and talking and not really caring about much expect being with each other.

“So the next game versus Montreal, you going to be rooting for me?” He asked.

“Secretly yes I will be, publically, no way,” I said

“Damn, part of me wants to be angry, but the other part of me respects your dedication to your team,” he said.

“You must respect it, I mean if you want me to cheer out loud for you, you just need to come onto the Habs,”

“In your dreams sexy,” he said

Wait, Milan just called me sexy? Are you serious? Did he just call me sexy? There was no way for him to think I was sexy.

We were driving around and I noticed that we’d be at this little park and it was really cute and pretty secluded. It was bright daylight so there were no weird people around and I thought it would be really romantic.

“Turn left,” I said

“Okay,” he agreed

In a little under a minute we were at the park and I was really happy. I couldn’t wait to just lay on the grass and cuddle with Milan. I really wanted to just tune out everything except for the two of us. I smiled as he stopped the car and he was a true gentleman who came over and opened my door for me.

“Why, that was chivalrous,” I said

“Indeed it was,” he said.
He took my hand in his and we just walked in the grass. We got about five minutes into walking and we were far enough into the park. I thought that this would be a wonderful place to lay down.
We laid down together for about ten minutes, barely uttering a word to one another and frankly, I didn’t mind that at all. I thought it was pretty amazing that we were able to actually sit here in silence and not feel strange about it. It was a really comfortable silence and I thought that was great. He just held me close to his body and kept on kissing my forehead.

I wondered when he’d kiss me for real. So far I’ve gotten cheek kisses, forehead kisses and a peck on the lips. I just wanted to know when I’d get a real kiss, but I wasn’t going to ask him. I mean that would be totally awkward if I asked him when he’d kiss me. Not only that, he’d totally think I was desperate or something and I clearly don’t want him to think that. I mean, it’s bad enough I’m six years younger, though he doesn’t know that yet, I didn’t need to come off as desperate.
I couldn’t push him away.

And then I started to think about what would happen when we finally did kiss. What would he think? What if the kiss was bad? What if I didn’t know what to do? What if he thought that my lips were gross? What if there was too much spit? What if he wanted to use tongue and I didn’t know what to do?

Shit, these possibilities were scary.

“You know, I’m used to being in action, this laying down on the grass thing isn’t how dates usually go,”

“Really? Is this not what you like?”

I was starting to get worried.

“I didn’t say that. It’s not that I don’t like it, I’ve just never done it,” he said.

“You’ve never just laid down in the grass with a girl before?” I asked.

“Nope, never, usually I’m doing something high activity; this is nice for a change. If anything, this is kind of nicer than all the high energy stuff.”

“For real?” I asked

“Well answer me this, what could be better than laying down in the grass with a beautiful girl like you,” he said.

I blushed really hard and I knew that he saw because he kissed my cheek again. I wanted to just lay on top of him and start kissing him, but I knew that was totally wrong and it wasn’t the right time.

We kept on talking and talking about so many different things. He mentioned his mom again and we talked about some other things that he loved to cook. We talked about hockey, and the game that was coming up and apparently he was ultra nervous. I honestly didn’t think it was possible for a player as good as him to be nervous before a game. I totally think that it made him that much cooler and that much more of a human and it made me like him more.

“How long have we been here?” He asked

“Oh, about an hour,” I said

“Already?”

“Oh yea,” I said

“Time flies when you’re with an amazing girl,”

“Ditto,”

He gave me a really odd look.

“Shit, I meant ditto, but you know with a guy, since you’re a-well you know,”

“Is someone getting nervous again?” He asked.

I nodded my head.

“I thought we were passed this,” he said

“I guess we aren’t”

We both laughed and we got up slowly.

We were in the car and he was just driving around. I wasn’t exactly sure where we should go next, but I figured the road would lead us somewhere. I also knew my area well enough to know where he shouldn’t go.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked

“Honestly, I’m not sure,” I said

“Well we can park the car and you know make out,” he said.

“What?” I asked

Part of me thought that would be the best idea, but the rational part of me knew that wasn’t going to be a good idea.

“I’m kidding Candice, I’m not that much of a jerk,” he said.

“Wanting to make out doesn’t make you a jerk,” I said

I noticed a slight glimmer in his eyes. I wondered what was turning in his head.

---

We decided against the whole making out thing. We laughed about it and just pretended like he never said that. Joke or not though he did say it and I couldn’t help but keep blushing at that fact that it was said.

We still driving around Montreal and we were going closer to being in the main downtown area, and part of me felt a little disappointed, I didn’t want our date to be over.

“What time is it?” He asked.

“It’s three,” I said

“Is there any time you need to be home by?” He asked.

“Not sure, let me check,”

I text my mom:

-Hey mom, when you coming home?

Her reply:

-Not before 9:30pm.

When I read my mom’s text, I was really happy because this meant I got to have enough time with Milan.

“My parents aren’t going to be home before nine thirty, so I’ve still got time,” I said

“Is there anything you had planned?” he asked.

“I’m not sure, I kind of feel like we shouldn’t have anything planned,” I said

“I like that idea, but I am not going to bring you home just yet,” he said

“I’m glad because I don’t want to leave just yet,” I said.

He grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek once again. Milan was going to be the death of me.

---

We arrived at an ice rink that wasn’t too popular so this way Milan would go unnoticed. Neither of us wanted to be interrupted by fans and such, though I am not sure if many people would be fans of Milan here in Montreal.

“So do you skate?” He asked.

“Well, I do, but I don’t,” I said

He gave me a funny look.

“And that means?”

“I may not be the best,” I said

“Good thing you have a master skater here to help you out,”

He winked at me and damn that wink made me swoon.

Before I knew it we were on the ice and what did I do? I fell right off the bat. I was so freaking embarrassed, but Milan rushed over and helped me up. He picked me up and came behind me.

“Skate,” he said

I was a little worried that I was going to fall again, but he ensured me that it wasn’t going to happen, so I trusted him.

I’m glad that I did trust him because it felt so amazing to have him behind me and assisting me in skating. He made sure that he was holding me tightly and I really liked that. I enjoyed feeling his body close to mine because it was a really nice feeling. I thought that having him this close to me was a really nice feeling and one that I didn’t want to ever be over.

“You liking this?” He asked

“Loving,” I said simply.

He smiled and then he took off out of nowhere. I was having a minor freak out at first, but then I realized he was trying to impress me.

“Wanna race?” he asked

“Are you insane?” I asked

“Nah, just hopeful,” he said

“I can’t race you, I’ll fall eight times,” I said

He laughed and then came back over to me. This time we were skating hand in hand and just going around together, a few times we did circles, but then I was starting to get a little dizzy. He laughed and stopped.

“You know, you and I have a really great time together,” he said.

“Thanks, I love spending time with you,” I said

He smiled widely and I just wanted to spend forever with him here.

He came over to me and picked me up and twirled me around. I thought it was the cutest thing anyone could ever have done for me.

When they say time flies when you’re having fun, they aren’t kidding. Milan checked his watch and it
was already almost six. We had been here for a long while.

“Poutine, for supper?” he asked

I was so excited that he was the one who made the suggestion. I really wanted him to try poutine.

“Yes!” I exclaimed.

“You do know a place right?”

“A place, you make it seem like only one restaurant in Montreal sells poutine,” I said

“I guess I’m in good hands,” he said

“Indeed you are,”

We went off and I knew one of the best places to grab a poutine. I really hoped that he was going to like it. He had to like my staple food, I mean it was a freaking must.
We arrived and I could tell that Milan was a little nervous; I really wanted him to like this.

“So what kind of poutine are you getting?” I asked

“There are kinds?”

“Yes, they’ve got ones with sweet potatoes fries, they have barbecue, pulled pork, hotdog, the possibilities are nearly endless,” I said

“Can I just get a poutine?” He asked

“If you want to be boring you sure can,” I said.

“You know what, I’ll show you eventually that I am not a boring guy,” he said

That line signed really intrigued me, but he didn’t need to know that just yet.

“Fuck, this is good shit!” he yelled

“See?” I said

“You were right,” he said.

“I’m really glad you like it!” I said

“Damn right I do, I’m bringing some for the boys,”

“You totally should”

He smiled.

“Oh speaking of the boys, I have a question for you,”

“Yes?”

“My best friend wants to meet Patrice, do you think you could make that happen?”

“Hmmm I’ll have to think about that,” he said

I couldn’t tell if he was serious or kidding.

“I mean, she is your best friend and Patrice he’s always willing to meet a girl,” Milan said

“Great,”

“We’ll work out the details later,” he said

“Indeed we will,”

We kept on talking, laughing and eating some delicious poutine.

Before I knew it, Milan was dropping me off at my house and left me with a kiss on the cheek and a peck.

“Thanks for an amazing date,” he said

“Thank you for being so open,” I said

“See you at the game,” he said

“See you, while I cheer for my boys”

He gave me another peck and I ran up to my room.