Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Eight.

Today was game day, and today was a really important game for the Habs. They absolutely needed to win this game because if they didn’t win it would be pretty much over for them. Sure they’d have the next game in Montreal that they had to play, they would be down three games to none and that would be bad. The Habs had to pull together and get this damn win. I really hoped that they were able to do this, because if they weren’t, I’d be awfully disappointed.

Milan and I spoke yesterday and we found an awesome way for Katelynn to meet Patrice. Katelynn was coming with me to the game today, so we’d get my parents to drop us off earlier so we could hang out with the boys before the game started. Not only was this the best way to not get caught by my parents, but it would also a great way to make sure that Milan knows I am secretly rooting him on. I also just wanted to hug him again.

My parents and I were eating breakfast, and let me tell you our breakfast was freaking amazing. We had bacon, eggs, breakfast sausage, potatoes, turnovers and toast. Eating this meal made me think of the lunch I had with Milan yesterday and how awesome it was to cook with him. It was amazing that he trusted me enough to share some of the stories he shared with me. I felt so comfortable with him too that I was able to tell him stories as well, stories I thought I wouldn’t be able to share with anyone else. He told me all kinds of things about his grandparents too back in Serbia and stuff; it was great to hear all these wonderful things about him.

“What time are we picking up Katelynn?” I asked

“We’ll go around twelve thirty and then we’ll drop you off at the Bell Centre,” my mom said

“Sounds great!”

“Are you excited for tonight’s game?” My dad asked

“Of course daddy, when am I ever not excited for a game?”

“That is very true, I bet you’re especially excited because Max is playing,” he said

“Oh dad, you know me so well,” I said.

Clearly, I was lying about the whole being excited about seeing Max play. I honestly couldn’t stand his guts and wished he’d get smashed into the glass, and it would be even better if Milan was the one who did it to him.

If I played my cards right, maybe Milan would be able to make something happen.

---

Katelynn and I arrived at the Bell Center and we were super excited. Katelynn was probably more excited than be for the simple fact that she was meeting Patrice for the first time. He was her favorite player ever and when he agreed to meet her she literally dropped the phone and yelled like a crazy person. I laughed really hard and she started to squeal. It was pretty cool to see her get all excited the way she did.

I texted Milan to let him know that we were there and him and Patrice were going to come and meet us. Within seconds Milan and Patrice were walking toward us. Katelynn started grabbing my hand so tightly I thought it was going to fall off.

“Calm down,” I said

“I can’t, you know I can’t, it’s Patrice and he’s coming to meet me!” She yelled

I laughed.

Milan and Patrice pushed open the doors and I saw the huge smile on her face.

I ran up to Milan and he picked me up and whirled me around. I really loved when he did that, I was so safe in his arms it was so wonderful. He had such a tight grip on me and I couldn’t get enough of it. He pecked my cheek and I blushed.

“Oh la la,” Katelynn said.

I shot her a look and giggled.

“Hey,” Patrice said with charm

I saw Katelynn’s face flush pink and I thought that was extremely adorable.

“This is Katelynn,” I said

“And this here is good ol’ Patrice,” Milan said

He walked over to Katelynn took her hand and kissed it.

“Enchanter,” he said

Katelynn literally started to giggle like a little kid and she got all wide eyed like a kid in a candy store.

“So you’re the famous Katelynn who wanted to meet me?” he asked

She smiled and barely said a word.

“You know, I usually don’t bite,” he said

“Usually?” Milan and I asked.

Patrice shot a wink Katelynn’s way.

I wasn’t sure what was going to happen between them.

“How much time do you have?” I asked

“Well depends, we have time to brag some lunch, we have to do a few drills to do at around five, then we’ve got a little break between five thirty and about seven fifteen.” Patrice said

“We have to get back to our parents for six,” I said

“That’s great, we’ve got time,” Milan said

“We sure do,” I said

“What do you girls want to do?” Patrice asked.

“Whatever is fine with us,” Katelynn said.

Patrice grabbed Katelynn under arm and she was on cloud nine.

As we were walking toward the dressing room, Milan whispered “maybe we’ll give them some alone time.” I nodded my head and smiled.

---

The boys decided that they would take us to go eat somewhere nice, thet made sure to get a private room. They were in Montreal and weren’t in the mood to get bothered by the Montreal fans. Katelynn and I found that funny because we knew it was true.

To get here, I rode with Milan and Katelynn rode with Patrice. It was Milan’s idea to give them some alone time. I knew that Katelynn wanted to kill me at first because she was extremely shy, but I had a feeling that by the end of the night she’d be thanking me. Milan and I both wanted them to have time to just get to know each other, deep down I hoped that Patrice and Katelynn had the same feelings that Milan and I had when we met.

“So you think they’re hitting it off?” Milan asked me.

“I know Patrice, I know him well, Katelynn is his type,” he said

I smiled and was glad to hear that. I started to think about all the cool double dates we could have and all of that amazing stuff. I also couldn’t help but wonder what was going on in the car with Katelynn and Patrice.

“I wonder if Patrice tried to make out with her,” he said

“What?” I asked in shock

“I’m kind of kidding,” he said

“Kind of?” I asked

“Well you know, Patrice, he’s a man’s man I guess one would say. He’s the kind of guy that if he likes you, he’ll kiss you,” Milan said

“Interesting, Katelynn is an eager person, but she’s not that eager I don’t think,” I said

“Thing is, Patrice will never force anyone to do anything they don’t want to do,” he said

“That’s reassuring,” I said

“You know, all this talk about affection,”

He had a wicked look in his eyes.

The light was red and Milan leaned in and he was about to kiss me. His lips were an inch away from my face, when suddenly the car behind us honked. Shit the light turned green, so much for us finally kissing like we should.

We arrived at the restaurant and went in, it was so amazing, and we were going to have a great time.

“Are you ready to order?” the waitress asked.

She was a pretty cute waitress and she clearly was interested in either Milan, Patrice or possibly both of them. I saw that look in her eyes and that made feel a little annoyed because I was really jealous because she was a lot prettier than me.

“She wants Patrice doesn’t she?” Katelynn asked

“I’m not sure which one she wants, but she does want one of them,” I said

“I guess meeting was Patrice was just a fan meeting an athlete,” she said.

“What?”

I looked over and the waitress was practically on top of him. Her boobs were a little too pushed out, we weren’t at Hooter’s.

As she left, she handed Patrice a paper. I noticed how sad Katelynn was. I wanted to hug her because I felt really bad. If she was this sad, it must have meant that she and Patrice had an amazing time in the car on their way here.

As the waitress walked away Patrice shot a look Katelynn’s direction.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered.

He took the paper and ripped it up.

“Does she honestly think I’m going to call her?”

Katelynn smiled and Milan winked at me.

“Hey, before the food comes, Candice and I are going to take a walk,” he said

“All right,” they both said

Katelynn leaned over to me and said “I’m going to hit you.” I just laughed.

“No you won’t, you’ll thank me,” I said

Milan and I walked around for a little bit hand in hand. We were always so happy when we were together and we needed to take a walk. I just wanted some more alone time, and anyway we were going to eat with Katelynn at Patrice so it would be good.

After our walk we went back into the restaurant and our food was arriving. Before Milan and I sat down I heard Patrice whisper to Katelynn “you’re beautiful.”

This was going to be an awesome day.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOPE YOU ENJOY! :D