Sequel: Tragic Romance

Accidents Happen

Time to say Goodbye.

Two weeks, 6 days, and 17 hours had flown by in a blur. Zacky and I seemed to be always be around each other. Little Zacky not far behind. Two days after our confessions the boys had flown back to California to spend their last few days with their girls, leaving the three of us alone in New York. And now, with only one day left we were all dreading it. I could tell Zacky was excited about being back on the road, but he hid it well around us. He spent every waking minute doing something with Little Zacky, taking him to the park, the movies and even a music store called 'Paradise Guitar' where he had bought his son a miniature guitar for him to learn on. Left handed of course.
The hours were depleting before Zack had to hop a plane back to Huntington Beach just to catch a ride on a tour bus he had become so familiar with. At night we would talk in whispered voices, he would tell me how much he would miss us, how he didn't know if he could go five months with out holding his son in his arms.
"Zacky, babe, calm down," I whispered, placing my palm against his cheek. "We'll come to see you when you're close. And every night Little Zacky will call you," My fingers traced his jaw as he shut his eyes gently.
He leaned his face into my hand, "But, I already missed so much,"
I sighed as my heart ached, "I'm sorry about that, I really am. But you have a job to do, a dream to follow, that's why you have to leave in the morning. Don't worry about Zacky, he'll be fine. He'll miss you like crazy though, we both will."
Zack pulled my fingers from his face and grasped his with mine, before resting his forehead against mine. "I'm going to go insane with out you," He placed his lips on mine harshly, reaching to run his fingers against my cheek. "And Zacky, I can't even imagine how much I'll miss him," I swept my fingers along his cheek, wiping away the tears as he rolled over on to his back, staring at the dark ceiling, desperately trying to hold back the tears.
I didn't have any words to say, I didn't know how to say it would be alright. I wasn't the one who had to say goodbye to my little boy in the morning. I wouldn't be the one hopping on a plane not knowing if I was going to see my baby in the next five months.
"Zack, we'll be there when you need us. And Zacky is just a phone call away, baby."
"I know," He muttered, glum. "But I'll still miss you and him," I just smiled and kissed his cheek, took his hand in mine and rested my head on his chest. It would be tough to let Zacky board that plane in the morning, it'd be hard to carry away a crying baby as his father walked the other way. In the last month I realized how different it'd be with out Zacky here, with him here everything was more relaxing. While Zack was back, everything seemed to be okay.
I was jolted awake by the screeching and laughing, and the sun pouring in through the open window. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, reaching my arms up to stretch. I made my way out of the bedroom, my feet warm against the cold hardwood floor. I peaked in Zacky's room, his 'Tonka' themed bed was empty and his little guitar was laid nicely in it's little case. I turned around and marched myself down the stairs, listening to the boys as they bickered back and forth.
"Morning, Boys," I couldn't help but let out a laugh when the two turned around. They were standing in front of the kitchen counter. Zack had pancake mix in his hair and across his right cheek. It also cover his black Pantera t'shirt. Zacky looked like he had been dipped in the batter. It was every where. "What are you doing?" I laughed, my hand coming up to cover my mouth.
"He started it!" Little Zacky shouted, pointing to Zack.
Zack gasped, dramatically, "You traitor!" He swung him up onto his shoulder, giggles erupting from the younger one. Zacky started to run into the living room, he threw Zacky down onto the couch carefully, before leaning down to tickle him. The laugher growing louder into screams and screeches. I looked to the clock above the t.v. 7:30 a.m was glaring back at me in bright red letters. I groaned unhappily, before my eyes bugged out of my head, "Alright, that's enough. Zacky come with me, Zack shower, now."
Zack stood up quickly, shoving Zacky into my arms before saluting me with a smirk on his face, "Yes Mother," He said before he took off towards the stairs.
I rolled my eyes and looked to my son, "Come on Zacky, lets go swimming."
A fast twenty minutes later we were all strapped into the car, Zack's bags in the back, Zacky in his booster seat, and I was driving us to L.A.X, trying so hard to keep it together. When I pulled the car into a space, I took a deep breath before hopping out of the car and going back to unbuckle Little Zack. "Come here, baby," When I made it around to the other side of the car, Zack slipped his hand in mine before giving my hand a squeeze and a weak smile. I smiled back, barely being able to do so, as I ran my thumb across his hand. We enter the airport with uneasy smiles and shuttering hearts. Zack checked in before tugging me along to some chairs, where we would spend our last few minutes together.
"Daddy, I'm going to miss you!" Zacky cried, reaching out for Zack to take him. Zack sent me a tortured look while holding his son close to him.
"I'll miss you too, Kiddo."
Zacky released his hold slightly, looking up into the identical gaze of his Dad, "When are you coming home?"
"In a few months, Zack," He sighed, wiping the tears from his son's face.
"Daddy?"
Zack met Zacky's gaze, "Will you still love me when you're gone?"
Zack's breathing stopped as did mine, "I will always love you," He pulled his son close to him, kissing the top of his head. "And I'll always love your Mommy, and I'll always miss you both,"
"I'll miss you too," He set Zacky on the floor, smiled and rubbed his sons out grown mohawk.
"And guess what! Pretty soon you'll be able to rock out at one of Daddy's concerts! If you get real good at guitar you can take my place and play with Uncle Brian!"
Zacky's eyes got wide, "When!" He asked, jumping up and down, clapping his little hands excitedly.
I smiled, "soon," I stated, meeting Zack's eyes, his grin was ear to ear.
"How soon?" He asked, his voice excited.
I rolled my eyes, "Now Mr. Vengeance you haven't even left yet, we'll figure that out once I can't see you in front of me,"
This time it was his turn to roll his eyes, sarcastically. "Yeah, yeah," He muttered.
"Flight 134 to Huntington Beach, California; Now boarding,"
"That's your cue," I sighed, taking Zacky from the floor.
"Boo," He whined, "I don't want to fucking leave yet,"
I shook my head and pulled him up from the uncomfortable plastic share he had sat down on. "You have to go," I stated slowly, "The band needs the ever so popular Zacky Vengeance for the Nightmare Tour,"
He pouted, "This is my fucking Nightmare," He grumbled, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. He placed a kiss on my lips and one of Zacky's head, before pulling away, "I fucking love you guys," He mumbled, looking to the floor.
"We love you too," I cut Zacky off from repeating his father, "and watch your language Baker," I glared.
He smiled, "Sorry,"
"Last call for Flight 134 to Huntington Beach"
I placed another hurried his on his lips before pushing his tattooed body away from us. "I'll miss you Daddy!" Zacky shouted at his retreating father.
"I'll miss you too, Zacky!" He called back, turning away and walking through the gate.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my favorite songs: Click? It makes me think of the relationship between Zack and Zacky.

(Unedited for the moment.)