Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 67: The Date

Saturday September 18, 2010
7:30 pm


Ville patted his pockets as he looked around his living room, making sure he had everything, his keys and his wallet, along with money in his wallet. He started putting on his grey pea coat jacket just as a knock came at his door. Opening the door slightly, he gave a sigh of relief when he saw it was Nathan.

“Hello, Mr. Valo. Seven thirty on the dot.” Nathan said with a grin.

“Great, wonderful.” Ville nodded stepping out of the door and closing it behind him.

“Are you nervous?” Nathan asked, leading Ville to the black town car.

“A bit, don’t know why…oh fuck, I forgot the flowers.” Ville said turning back towards the door. “I’ll be back.”

“All right.” Nathan nodded, trying to hide the grin as he opened the back door, watching as Ville disappeared into the house, only to come back out holding a large bouquet of multicolored tulips.

“All right, I’m ready now.”

“Wonderful.” Nathan chuckled as Ville ducked into the car. “Oh, to be a fly on that wall.” Nathan muttered to himself as he closed the door and went around to the driver’s seat. He started the car and made his way towards Soya’s apartment building, looking through the rearview mirror to see Ville fidgeting in his seat.

“It’s not like Soya has changed in the last twenty four hours, Mr. Valo.” Nathan teased before turning his eyes to the road.

“Trust me, I’ve been telling myself that all day.” Ville muttered looking out the window. And he had, ever since he’d woken up in the morning alone in his tower. He’d reminded himself that when he’d gone to the flower market that afternoon, trying to figure out which color of flower Soya would enjoy best; and he’d reminded himself that as he’d gotten showered and dressed. He was going on a date with a woman that he’d been seeing for a month and a half now, and he was nervous as fuck.

Blowing out an uneasy breath, he looked up at the blue apartment building, blinking when Nathan opened the door for him.

“Thanks.” Ville muttered sliding out of the car and walking to the lobby door.

“Uh, Mr. Valo, I believe you’re forgetting something.”

“What?” Ville asked only to see Nathan pointing to the flowers he’d left on the seat. “Right.” Ville nodded grabbing the bundle before making his way back towards the door and up the stairs, towards Soya’s flat. By the time he reached her door, his stomach was in knots due to his nerves, and he wasn’t sure if he should let himself in or just knock on the damn door.

Sighing, and shaking his head in amusement at himself, his raised his fist and knocked on the door.

“Coming!” Soya called seconds before she answered the door, bent over as she adjusted the black lace heel on her foot. “Hi.”

“Hi.” Ville laughed, his nerves calming considerably as he saw her. “Ready?”

“Nearly.” Soya laughed as she motioned him in.

“Nearly?!” Ville laughed walking into the flat. “You’re still in your robe!”

“Oh!” Soya giggled. “I have my dress on underneath, I just didn’t want to get anything on it as I did my makeup and hair.” She untied the robe, shrugging it off and dropping on the back of the couch, Ville let a whoosh of air leave his lips and he took Soya in.

She wore a black one shoulder dress, her right arm encased in a ¾ sleeve while her left arm and shoulder were left bare; the dress was short, but not obscenely, ending at her mid thigh.

“I wasn’t sure if I was over dressed.” Soya said, taking the clip out of her hair and letting the dark waves fall; he noticed that instead of her hair being wavy as it usually was, it was falling in soft ringlet curls.

“No. God, Soya, you look amazing.” Ville breathed.

Soya grinned as she leaned up, her heels giving her the height to reach his cheek placing a soft kiss there. “You’re looking quite handsome yourself.” She said, wiping the lip print she’d left on his cheek with a soft caress of her thumb. “What are these?”

Ville looked down and saw that she was eyeing the flowers. ”Oh, right. I got them for you.”

“You did?” Soya asked, looking at him in surprise.

“I…uh, you said the other day you always imagined a guy coming to the door with flowers, and you like tulips so…”

Soya cupped his cheeks, and brought him down, capturing his lips in a kiss. “You are so adorably sweet, Ville. I’m going to put these in water, I’ll be back.”

Ville nodded as he watched her turn, only to run a hand through his hair when he caught sight of the back of her long legs. It was going to be a long night, he thought.

Soya blew out a breath, releasing the nerves she was feeling, as she opened the cabinet above her counter, reaching for the vase that was there only to squeak in surprise when another hand reached out and grabbed it.

“Thanks.” She laughed, as she put the vase underneath her faucet, feeling Ville move next to her and lean against the counter watching her.

“What?” She asked, looking over at him, feeling that he wanted to tell her something.

“Nothing.” Ville said smiling lightly.

“I left my jacket and clutch on my bed, mind getting them for me?” She asked, turning the water off.

“All right.” Ville nodded going into her bedroom, surprised at how calm Soya seemed, he would have thought their positions would have been switched, with her being the nervous one and him being the cool and calm one. He shook his head frustrated with himself and opened her door, only to smirk when he saw what lay inside.

Grabbing her jacket and black little lace purse that lay next to it off the bed, he exited her room only to see her behind him blushing.

“Did you have a fight with your closet?” He teased, as he held out her coat her for to slip on.

“I won didn’t I?” Soya grinned, allowing him to help her with her black coat and accepted her purse from him, as she caught sight of the disaster that was her room with a wince. “Josef gave me advice on what to wear.” She admitted. “But I couldn’t find the damn dress.”

“But find it you did.” Ville laughed leading her out of the apartment, linking their fingers together once she had locked the door.

“Hidden in one of the boxes I had yet to unpack.” Soya laughed. “But in order to find it, everything came out of my closet.”

“You should see my bedroom.” Ville teased. “It looks about the same.”

“Well, at least we look good.” Soya grinned. “Now, where are we going?”

“I was thinking dinner first,” Ville said as they reached the lobby and he opened the door for her.

“Hello Nathan.” Soya smiled.

“Evening Miss. Soya, you’re looking very nice tonight, I hope Mr. Valo told you so.”

“He has.” Soya said with a blush, looking up at her boyfriend as Nathan held open the door. “Don’t try to get him in trouble Nathan.” She said with a teasing glance before she slid into the car.

Ville gave Nathan a questioning glance causing the older man to laugh. “I just wanted to make sure your nerves didn’t get the best of you, trying to help, not harm.”

Ville chuckled. “They’re getting better.” He ducked into the car next to Soya and took her hand in his with a smile.

“So, dinner, then what?” Soya asked.

“Not sure of that yet.” Ville admitted, playing with the black flower ring on her ring finger with the diamond center. “Where’d you get this one?” He asked, knowing all her rings came with a story.

“Benjamin got me this one after Josef and I finished our first recital with him quite successfully.”

“Your boss?” Ville asked with a raised eyebrow.

Soya laughed. “There was nothing other than congratulations attached to it; Josef got an antique Rolex for his gift.”

“Well, it’s a nice ring.” Ville said kissing the back of her hand and having the pleasure of seeing her blush.

“You’ve already charmed me Ville.” Soya said softly.

“Doesn’t mean I shouldn’t continue to do it.”

Soya laughed quietly. “You just like seeing me blush.”

“There is that too.” Ville agreed, bringing her closer to him and kissing the top of her head. Ten minutes later, Nathan was pulling up to the restaurant that Ville had told him to go to. Ville stepped out of the car once Nathan opened the door, and held his hand out for Soya, helping her out.

“Farang?” Soya asked.

“Thai.” Ville said, leading her into the restaurant after thanking Nathan. “They have vegetarian as well.”

“Well it smells amazing.” Soya said once they entered the restaurant.

Kuinka monta?”(How many?) The hostess asked with a smile, menus in her hand.

Kaksi, kiitoss.”(Two, please.) Ville answered, causing the hostess to nod and grab another menu.

Seuraa minua.”(Follow me) She said, leading them further into the restaurant and sitting them at a table near the wall a bit more secluded than the rest. Ville pulled Soya’s chair out for her, causing her to grin, before he took his own seat, accepting the menu from the hostess.
Mitään aloittaa?”(Anything to start?)

Vesi, kiitoss.”(Water, please) Soya said, causing the hostess to nod and turn to Ville

Sama.”(Same) Ville said with a smile.

Palaan kanssa vettä. Sinun tarjoilija on täällä pian.”(I will be back with your water and your server will be with you shortly.)

Ville leaned back stripping off his coat, showing Soya the black button down long sleeve shirt he had on underneath the coat, tucked into his black slacks.

“You’re tucked in.” Soya said as she took him in.

“What?” Ville looked down at himself and nodded. “Oh, yeah, why?”

“No reason.” Soya said with a small smile. “You look good.” She looked down working the buttons on her coat before taking it off and resting it on the back of her chair. “How’s the studio going? The remixing?”

“Um, it’s going really well; do you really want to talk about work?” Ville asked with a frown.

Soya shrugged. “All right, what do you want to talk about?”

“I…” Ville blinked. “Come on now, we have to have something other than work to talk about.”

Soya laughed. “Ville we do everything else together, the last twenty four hours are the first we’ve really spent apart. I mean, do you really want to talk about politics and weather? It’s cold Ville, and it is going to continue getting cold.”

Ville chuckled. “I just….God I don’t know why I’m so fucking nervous but I am.”

“Why are you nervous?” Soya asked, tilting her head as she watched her boyfriend run a hand through his hair.

“Aren’t you?” Ville asked her, his green eyes searching her face for any signs or nervousness.

“Well, yes.” Soya admitted slowly. “But I don’t think I’m nervous for the same reasons you are.” Soya rubbed the hand he had placed on the table. “You’re trying so hard to make this perfect, Ville.”

“Well I…” Ville was cut off by the waitress appearing at the table.

Valmiita tilaamaan?” (Ready to order?) She asked with a smile, setting their water glasses down.

Haluatko antaa meille hetken?”(Give us a minute?) Soya said with her own smile, causing the waitress to nod and walk away to help another table. “Ville?”

“I just, don’t want to screw this up.”

“How in the world are you going to screw this up?” Soya asked with wide eyes.

“I just…after I talked with the guys, I just wanted to make this perfect, and then you said…”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Soya said holding up her hands. “The guys? What guys?”

Ville blinked. “Jyrki, Jussi, Linde and Mige.”

“What did they say?” Soya asked, getting more and more amused by the situation.

“That you deserved a real first date. Jussi said he thought it was shitty that I hadn’t taken you out; they kept going on about how every woman wants to be taken out.”

“Ville, have I ever given you the impression that I was upset that we hadn’t gone out?”

“Well…no.” Ville said slowly.

“Good, because I’m not.” Soya laughed. “Look, I like dressing up and putting on my heels and having a night out with my boyfriend, just like any other woman, but Ville I also like sitting on my living room floor in my sweats with you, reading from a book while eating Chinese food from a carton.”

“But Jyrki said…”

“Forget what Jyrki said.” Soya laughed, tightening her hand on his. “Ville, our relationship is different for Jyrki’s relationship, from Linde’s relationship and from Mige’s relationship. Yes, coming out tonight is nice, but I don’t need all of this to be happy. I really would have been happy at any restaurant with my boyfriend.”

“So you’re not happy here?” Ville asked.

“I would be…” Soya bit her lip as she looked at him, he did look so nice but for some reason it just wasn’t…him. “I feel like I’m not on a date with you though.”

“How so?” Ville frowned.

“You’re tucked in,” Soya laughed. “and your sleeves are down. I know it sounds ridiculous, but…I just…I don’t know.”

Ville eyed her before nodding. “So you would have been happy with anything.”

“Isn’t the point of a date to just get out?” Soya shrugged. “I don’t know, I don’t want to complain, this really is a nice place…”

“But it’s not us.” Ville nodded, getting the idea. “All right, come on.” He said standing up and putting his jacket back on.

“What?” Soya asked, looking up at him.

“Come on, we’re going to do this right, let’s go.”

“Go where?” Soya asked, standing up and slipping on her jacket as he held it out for her.

“Trust me,” Ville smirked taking her hand, not before leaving a tip on the table for the waitress who had been patient with them.

“I really did want to try the food there.” Soya muttered, buttoning her coat back up as they exited the restaurant.

“I promise we’ll come back.” Ville chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as they walked down the sidewalk.

“Ville, I didn’t mean to ruin the plans you had set, I mean…”

“No, no.” Ville said shaking his head. “You were right, it’s the reason I felt so nervous; I was trying so hard to make it absolutely perfect that I didn’t realize that simple is best with you. It’s why I like you so much.” Ville teased, kissing the top of her head.

“Then wait.” Soya said pulling him to a stop.

“What?”

Soya bit her lip as she pushed her hands underneath his jacket, only for Ville to laugh as she pulled his shirt out from his pants un-tucking him. “So much better.” She said, resuming her position at his side. She placed his arm back around her, wrapped her own arm around his waist and rested her head against his side as they walked. “So, where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” Ville smiled. “So why were you nervous?”

Soya laughed. “My first real date,” she said looking up at him. “With a man I really happen to like. Any girl would be nervous about that.”

“Are you still nervous?”

Soya shook her head. “Actually, the nerves stopped the minute I slid into the car and you kissed my hand, you’re such a charmer.” She said wrinkling her nose at him, causing him to lean down and kiss it.

“Good to know.” Ville said, “So how’s construction going?”

Soya laughed as she looked up at him. “I thought you didn’t want to talk about work?”

“Well, let’s see, we talked about the weather already, politics? The world is going down the crapper Soya, and it’ll continue to go down the crapper.” Ville teased grinning down at her.

“Construction’s going well.” Soya said with a shake of her head. “There’s an empty lot next to the studio that I’m contemplating on getting.” Soy a bit her lip, but shook her head. “But I probably won’t.”

“Why not?” Ville asked.

“Well, I’ll be here just in time to see this through, then I’ll be back in New York with the company. I wouldn’t have time to even play around with the idea I have playing in my head.”

“Which is?” Ville hedged causing Soya to laugh.

“I don’t want to share.” Soya said shaking her head with a grin. “Maybe when I make it back here I’ll do it.”

“If the lot’s still there.” Ville sing-songed.

“Why? Why would you say that?” Soya grinned.

“I’m just saying, at least buy the lot now and when you get back here, you can do what you want to do with it. At least you’d own it.”

Soya shrugged. “I’m happy with the studio as it is now, and I’m happy with the way things are going. I don’t need the lot. Where are we going?” Soya asked.

“We’re close.” Ville laughed as they turned a corner, bringing them to a stop. “Here.”

Soya’s eyes widened as she saw what lay across the street only to grin up at Ville and hug him. “It’s perfect, really it is.”

Ville laughed, leaning down to kiss her “Good. Come on now, I’m starving.”

“You know, I haven’t been to one of these since I've been back, the last time I’ve had fish and chips from a kiosk was with you guys, about a week before I left.” She told him as they crossed the street to the kiosk.

“Well that’s sad.” Ville laughed as he walked them up the window, ordering two plates of fish and chips before settling down at one of the plastic tables underneath a heater lamp that the kiosk had set up.

“Oh, the moon is mostly visible and it’s freezing and it’s absolutely perfect.” Soya laughed as Ville scooted his chair closer to hers wrapping his arms around her.

“Good, I’m glad.”

“And definitely worth dressing up for.” She said tilting her head up to kiss him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Ville whispered, kissing her back, only to pull away when their order was called out. Soya groaned, causing him to chuckle against her lips as he got up to grab their food. He set the baskets on the table before sitting down.

“I’m surprised Josef didn’t stay longer.” Ville said, using his fingers to pull the deep-fried fish in half.

“Same here.” Soya said putting a chip in her mouth. “But Rebecca kept badgering him to come back, Josef got sick of it, yelled at her and gave in; I’m kind of disappointed at him.”

Ville chuckled. “So am I, I thought Josef was stronger than that.”

“So did I.” Soya laughed. “It’s a shame you didn’t get to see him, or meet Isolde, that girl is…” Soya shook her head. “No words describe Isolde.”

“She’s Josef’s best friend right?” Ville asked.

“Mm, that girl gets distracted so easily, but…Oh! I forgot to tell you!”

“Tell me what?” Ville asked with a smirk.

“So, I guess there are pictures of us going around.”

“I’ve heard.” Ville laughed.

“And Isolde says that everyone’s curious about who you’re seeing mostly because no one has been able to get a clear view of my face.”

“You know once they do get a clear shot of your face the headlines are going to read: ‘Ville Valo, sex icon dating Soya Toivonen, Politian’s daughter. Match made in hell?’

Soya laughed smacking his arm. “Stop!”

“So, pictures are going around, people are curious.” Ville shrugged. “So?”

“Well, apparently Isolde wants to interview us, get our relationship out in the open in our own words, clear up the rumors before the start, in a way.”

“Oh.” Ville said looking down at his food, before eyeing Soya. “What did you say?”

“Well, we’d only been dating a week at that point, so I told her that our relationship was still new and something that really wasn’t meant to be shared with anyone but close friends and ourselves.”

“Good answer.”

“Isolde said that that was fine, but she still would love to take pictures of us, as we apparently make a very adorable couple.”

“Really?” Ville looked at her, looked down at himself then back at her with a nod. “Sure, I can see why she sees that.”

Soya laughed. “I told her I would talk to you and so…I’m talking to you.”

Ville shrugged. “I don’t know Soya, I don’t mind talking about relationships in general, but this is…different.”

“I know.”

“I…” Ville shrugged. “I really don’t want to share it yet, Soya; I don’t know if I ever really want to share it.” He chuckled. “You know, when I was talking to the guys, Jussi asked if we fooled around.”

“Oh God.” Soya laughed, covering her face as she felt her cheeks blush.

“And I usually don’t mind sharing.” Ville admitted. “But, with you it’s different, it’s private, at least to me, and we really haven’t been dating long, whose business is it besides ours what we do.”

“Like when we go out on dates?” Soya asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Jussi made me feel horrible Soya!” Ville laughed. “But they did bring up good points, we should go out every once in a while, get out of the house.”

Soya nodded. “It is nice, but I’d rather have you come up with the idea on your own instead of having the guys prodding you.”

“I promise next one will be all me.” Ville said with a grin. “So, what’s your opinion about the interview?”

Soya shrugged. “I took a look at her website and it’s a good one. She does everything very well, it’s not some gossip site; she really does sit down with people and talk with them and gets the story. Even if we didn’t do the interview, because I do agree this is ours and not the world’s, I would like to do pictures.”

“Really?” Ville asked surprised.

Soya laughed and gave a nod. “Yes, really. Do you know how many photo shoots I’ve done with Josef and only Josef? It gets tiring. I think doing one with you would be different and fun and really it would just be for us.” Soya shrugged. “Plus, Isolde makes a point; we do make an adorable couple.”

Ville leaned in and kissed her. “We do. Look, how about this: we don’t seek her out, all right? If she comes back to Finland and asks us to do it we will, but otherwise I’d rather…

“Not.” Soya finished. “That’s fine Ville.”

“The pictures are fine, they do seem like fun and I would like to do that with you, but I’ll think more about the actual interview.”

“Good.” Soya nodded.

“Finished?” Ville asked, looking at her nearly empty basket.

“Yes,” Soya said, pushing it towards him as he stood up to throw their trash away, going up to the window and buying them two sodas, handing one to Soya.

“What next?” Ville asked, only to look up when he felt water hit his forehead.

“Home.” Soya laughed as it started to sprinkle. “It’s freezing and starting to rain.”

Ville nodded with a chuckle. “Come on.”

Half an hour later, after walking under the eaves of buildings to avoid the rain and to get to where the car was waiting, they were reprimanded by Nathan who told them they should have called instead of walking in the rain getting colds; they reached Soya’s apartment building, Ville shaking his head and sprinkling water on Soya as they climbed the steps.

“Mean.” Soya laughed.

“So, good date?” Ville asked, wrapping his arms around her waist once they reached her floor.

“Very good date.” Soya said turning in his arms as they reached her door. “So, this is a proper date correct?”

“That is correct.” Ville nodded resting his forehead against hers.

“So, this is the part where I kiss you goodnight right?”

Ville chuckled and leaned down to brush his lips against hers “Or you could invite me in for coffee.” He whispered against her lips.

Soya licked her lips, her tongue brushing slightly against Ville’s bottom lip, the action causing him to groan and bring her closer to his body. “I don’t think I have any coffee.” She whispered.

“Tea’s fine.” Ville assured, closing his eyes as their lips brushed together. “I’m pretty fond of tea.”

“Ville?”

“Hmm?”

“Want to come in?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Soya and Ville's Outfits

Okay first I would like to apologize profusely for those who did not get the preview! I tried sending them out, but stealing internet sucks! Lol. I read them all (And I’m pretty sure they made me smile even more then usual!) and I missed you guys so much!! You have no idea! I get internet tomorrow, which is why I’m posting this chapter a bit earlier than usual, while the internet is working.

I also know I said I would announce the winner today, but let’s wait for Saturday shall we? Lol. :P I swear you’ll all found out who won on Saturday!!

Thank you guys so much for your comments! I swear previews will start again with this chapter! Again I’m sorry about that! I tried getting to all of you!!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! (I know it’s one of my favs. as is the next chapter :P) And I swear this time! If you leave a comment I will send you a preview!! Promise a million times!! XD

-Kassandra

P.S. I’m hoping to post a deleted scene involving Aida and Ville later this week. So keep an eye out for it! :P

P.S.S: Feel Bad for me, this took me like two hours to post....stupid stolen Internet!