Status: Completed

Reminiscing

Chapter 14

The next day was anything but joyful. Even though I knew that no one apart from Miss Robinson knew about Gerard, it still felt as if everyone else knew. As I made my way down the hallway I felt that they were looking at me in a different way, and before you go thinking that I was ashamed of what Gerard and I have you can think again, because I’m not. I’m just worrying what people will think of me if they knew, I know it sounds a little vain and selfish but that’s how I felt.

Last night I had told my mother about mine and Gerard’s relationship. I wouldn’t say she took it badly, I mean, yeah she was shocked and cried a little but later on when we properly talked about it she was pretty happy for me. She was a little upset that I hadn’t told her sooner, and the fact that I hadn’t told her when I lost my virginity but overall it went well. She even said that she wanted to meet Gerard properly and invite him to dinner. But I had to put my foot down on that part because I knew she’d probably embarrass me by bringing out the photo album with pictures of me as a baby (naked may I add).

Anyway, I was happy it was all out in the open with my mom and everything, it made me feel slightly better about the current situation we were in. I continued to make my way down the hallway until I reached the all too familiar art room. I held my breath as I knocked lightly on the door, after a few seconds I hear him say “Come in.” so I creaked the door open to reveal Gerard amongst a pile of boxed, cramming paint brushes and canvases into them. He looked up as I entered and smiled softly.

“Oh, hey Frankie, what’s up?” he asked, all smiles. He seriously can’t be this happy after what’s happening, so I voiced my thoughts to him.

“How can you be so happy about all of this?” I asked, bewildered to his actions. He chuckled lightly before replying.

“It’s not really a big deal Frankie, I only needed this job to pay of some college loans and I paid those of months ago.” He said.

“Then why’d you stay?” I asked, confused.

“Because, there’s this amazing guy here that I can’t seem to stop thinking about.” He said, a grin stretching from one side of his face to the other. I suddenly felt jealousy build up within me.

“Who is it? Is it that guy Mark? It is, isn’t it?” I interrogated him but he seemed to find this whole thing rather amusing.

“No silly, its you.” He confessed. I felt my cheeks heat up as I let out a small “Oh,” and letting my head fall so that I was now looking at the floor to some how shield my embarrassment. I heard footsteps and soon enough I was staring at a pair of beat up converse. His hand reached under my chin to pull my head up so that I was looking directly into his enchanting hazel eyes.

“It’s you, Frankie, it’s always been you, and it always will be.” He said softly. I swear my insides melted at that exact moment. “I love you.” He whispered before leaning forward to place a chaste kiss on my more than willing lips.

“I love you too,” I said once we’d pulled away. “Come on, I’ll help you pack your stuff.” I offered. He smiled and nodded. I then started to gather up more of his art supplies and put them into the empty boxes lying around his room. after 10 minutes of silent packing Gerard broke it.

“Frankie?” he asked.

“Yeah?” I answered.

“Do you …. Erm, would- uh forget it, its nothing.” I stumbled over his words, this wasn’t like Gerard.

“No tell me, what is it?” I inquired.

“I was just wondering if you would uh maybe consider moving in with me?” he asked timidly. I looked up from the box I was packing, my eyes widened and I was lost for words for a few moments “I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, it was just a suggestion-” he started to say but I cut him off mid sentence.

“No, no, I’d love to Gerard!” I exclaimed as I ambled over to where he was stood and attacked him in a hug. Once I’d pulled away I placed a kiss on his cheek, causing him to grin once more.

“I’m glad you like the idea, Frankie.” He said, hugging me tightly against his chest. I think that things are finally starting to work out for Gerard and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is like the penultimate chapter! :'( i'm gonna miss writing this story
keep commenting people, i wanna know what you guys think! xD