Status: It's supposed to be updated daily. But I will update it as soon as possible depends on my busy college life :D

No Strings Attached, Please?

EIGHT

Lynn and her group didn’t appear at school the next day because they were being suspended as a result of their violent action towards me. They were suspended for 3 days but Tyler, Brad, and Adam had their suspension for a week since they kind of raped me.

I didn’t expect that it would get to them because I didn’t think the school would make such a decision like that when they knew the boys were raping me. I thought the school wouldn’t care about it.

The principal and Couch Wood brought my problem into the Parents Council where Lynn and her friends’ parents were there too and of course my mom was invited into the board as well.

The school thought the pranks that Lynn pulled were too violent and it could lead her and her friends into juvenile trouble. The school thought by her actions and such, they could degrade the school’s name. The public would think that Maurice Foundation High school taught the students bad things by Lynn and her friends’ behavior.

After Carlton, Nat and, Kale reeled off the story about their witnessing and their official inquiry on this, the Head of Council then decreed that Lynn’s group needed to be put in a situation where they would be suspended until the Parents Council decided the right punishment for them, or even to take a more intense punishment for them and their brutality.

Mom was really furious that I was raped. She even tried to sue the kids. She would take further action to make sure my rights were protected. After all of this chaotic mess, my mom then decided to shorten my curfew. And she expected me to be at home at 8 PM, no exception, just because she worried about me that much. I knew she didn’t want me in that kind of situation again.

I personally hated this side of Mom, but I wouldn’t argue with her because if I were in her shoes, I would restrict my daughter further.

Biology class ended peacefully yet oddly, because Lynn and Cora were absent as a result of the suspension. Nat looked disappointed and was being a mute for these past two days because he couldn’t see Lynn.

As a matter of fact, because Lynn wasn’t there, we rarely showed any kind of PDA at school.

Me and Nat walked out from school and waited for Carlton inside the car. I opened the door and jumped into passenger seat while Nat jumped into the driver seat. He put on the radio and then rested his head on his folded arms while we fell in a long silence.

Nat looked bored and then decided to light up a smoke from inside his jeans’ pocket after he examined his surroundings, checking to be sure there would be no teachers passing by.

“I think this is useless,” Nat started after he let out the first puff of smoke from his nostrils. I turned my head to him and frowned confusingly.

“What do you mean?”

“This… us. Lynn probably hates me now because I told the Council the truth and I didn’t even defend her for it” Nat sighed while he took a deep drag making the pointer of the stick burn red. “I’m not meant to be her boyfriend, she barely even likes me” he shrugged hopelessly with a pout on his lips.

“Don’t be a fool, she practically molested you in her mind when she was near you,” I said as I put my legs on the dashboard, obviously bored.

“I can’t help it, maybe it’s the best if we end this” he inhaled and exhaled before giving me a look. I stared back at him and then shook my head.

“We’ll make it out, Nat. If you’re that serious with Lynn why bother giving up?”

“It’s… you know…” Nat gave me his lopsided pout and sunk down in his seat.

I examined his face while he was smoking, as I was thinking and contemplating what I needed to do next because Nat was right, it’d be more difficult for Lynn to let him in after the meeting with the parents.

But a millisecond later, a smile crept up on my face as I slapped his forearm slightly.

“Oh come on, we’re not stuck in here, Nat. We can make it out for sure” I smiled at him as he shot me a questioningly look. “I saw you write down the notes in Biology class. And I know she’s not that good in Biology”

Nat frowned more as he didn’t get what I was saying.

“Let’s go to Lynn’s house and let her borrow your Biology notes. If you’re lucky, you could offer to be her tutor. How about that?” I smiled from ear to ear as I watched him giving me a weird look. He then fell in silence as if he was thinking about it. He sighed longingly and then threw the cigarette out the window.

Image

Carlton and I were waiting inside the car while we watched Nat’s unsure figure walk up the Sonekiss’ lawn. Nat walked back for a moment and then continued his pace toward the porch. He looked reluctant when he shakily rang the bell.

Carlton and I gasped when coincidentally Lynn was the one who opened the door for Nat. We were laughing and then quickly ducked down our heads, hoping Lynn wouldn’t catch our presence in the car.

Luckily, she barely even noticed the car, and her attention was fully on Nat. She looked surprised and I could notice she blushed, seeing Nat was on her porch.

Without letting him in, she led Nat to sit on the bench in the porch. We got easy access to watch both of them.

“Look at him, he’s such a nerd. He’s shaking when he’s with Lynn. His face looks even paler” Carlton commented making me stifle a laugh. He was right, and I saw he was being so awkward when he was talking to Lynn.

At first, I saw Lynn’s face was unreadable and she barely smiled when Nat offered her a shy smile. But a couple moments later, she looked as if she was enjoying Nat’s presence and nodded in his direction while on the other hand Nat tried to look away every time he flushed bright red.

They both laughed at each other for an unknown reason. I could see he worked it out and got Lynn to accept his offer.

Nat was love-struck when he got back inside the car. He couldn’t stop smiling when he drove the car. Carlton and I tried to make him tell the story, but he was too embarrassed to tell it to us. All he said was he got Lynn’s number and she let him be her tutor.

Carlton and I shared high-fives and laughed when we succeeded in making Lynn slowly attracted to Nat. Nat was blushing when I said that she was going to be his girlfriend in no time, and I was sure about it because it was so obvious. This was because of my attempt, I’m his Jedi.

Nat and Carlton drove me back home as my Mom quickly locked me inside the house neurotically. She thanked Nat and Carlton for taking me home as I thanked them as well. She talked to Nat for a bit about my activity at school and she was worried about the jocks’ presence near her daughter.

I rolled my eyes and let Nat and Carlton to get back to their house as I pulled my mom in. She started to ramble and she was practically on the edge of hysterics when I told her that I went to Lynn’s house for Nat.

Mom lectured me and didn’t want me to go out at night. It slowly aggravated me when she kept checking up on me in my room practically every minute.

“Stop being neurotic, Mom! I’m really alright at the moment” I spat.

“If this wasn’t about your problem with that Sonekiss kid, I wouldn’t be like this. I’m just trying to be a mom here”

“I know! I respect your shot at this but Mom, this is too dramatic. I’m nearly eighteen! And you treat me like a baby!”

“You can tell me that you’re an adult when you’re capable of taking care yourself, young woman”

I groaned as I led her out from my room, giving her the excuse that I needed to take a cold shower.

I knew my mom was only being a mom, but sometimes she annoyed me with her imagination. She was lucky that I didn’t take pills to relieve the desperation, I didn’t cut myself, I didn’t go all haywire about me being raped.

Anyway, I wasn’t a virgin anymore and she shouldn’t have been this worried because I was capable of taking care myself. It wasn’t like I was going to bloat up my tummy and pop out some babies through my vagina. Pshh..

After I finished nagging to myself about my mom, I quickly took a cold shower. For some odd reasons, when I was taking the shower, my mind flickered back to Nat. My heart throbbed somewhat fast when I imagined him being there in front of me, showing his really adorable smile.

I snapped opened my eyes that happened to be closed when I was scrubbing myself inside the shower. I was really confused as to why I pictured Nat was here beside me when I was in the shower. It was just really weird. But the vision was quite real to me because I couldn’t forget his adorable smile.

I groaned and shook my head to wipe the thought of Nat out of my head. I ended the shower and then wrapped myself with a towel while I walked out from the bathroom to my room. As I was venturing over my drawer to find some clothes, my cellphone vibrated on my end table since someone was calling me.

As I went to receive the call that happened to be from Nat, Nat suddenly hung up. I frowned at the screen of my cellphone and then found a message from Nat plus 3 weird missed calls from him.

I opened and clicked the cellphone buttons in my hand while I was clutching the towel to my body. Nat was sending me a nervous yet cute message which suddenly made me laugh.

From: McGregor, Nat
I’m really nervous right now, because I thought about giving Lynn a call tonight. Do you think it’s too forward if I call her tonight? I just want to chat up a bit with her but I’m truly really nervous about it. I’m afraid she’d be annoyed of me or something. If it’s alright for me to call her, what do you think? What should I say to her? Reply ASAP cuz I’m being a wreck here and Carlton can’t stop his annoying bitchy laugh at me about this. ):


He’s so cute, I couldn’t help but picturing his childish pout over this. He’s not like your ordinary guy, he’s really a nerd about his obsession toward Lynn. I smiled a lot when I reread the text and then I decided to reply.

To: McGregor, Nat
Whoa Cowboy, hold up. It’s not like you won’t have a chance to talk to her tomorrow. (: I just think that maybe you shouldn’t make a call this quickly. I’m saying that Lynn loves guys who are hard to catch. I’m not calling you easy or whatever, but if you called her tonight, she would get bored with you easily. I just thought about that. Grow a dick a bit, McGregor :P


I hit the “send” button and then continued to search for presentable clothes with a grin on my face. Nat’s just too cute and innocent. I felt like I was talking to a 10-year-old about his first crush. As I found my favorite pajamas, I heard the clicking sound that came from my cellphone again. I checked my cellphone and there was another text from Nat.

From: McGregor, Nat
But I’m too giddy to call her tonight, please just let me call her. /: Carlton said it’s okay if I call her, but I’m UNSURE about it so I need your opinion. You’re going to help me right?


I rolled my eyes at the text and then quickly replied it.

To: McGregor, Nat
Don’t. Call. Her. Tonight. Have your way if you’re that desperate to call her tonight because that just makes you lose your ‘points’ in her eyes


Nat didn’t text me back after my last message. God only knows what he’s doing right now. If he decided to call her, he’s a dumbass. But then I texted him again.

To: McGregor, Nat
I hope you haven’t called her. But there’s something you can do if you’re that desperate. I think you can call her, BUT past midnight, around 3am in the morning, when she’s obviously sleeping then leave message and the rest of the day keep your phone off until about 9 pm. She’s bound to leave messages and she’ll keep calling till she gets an answer. I guess she will.


I threw the cellphone on the bed making it bounce a bit but a millisecond later, there was another click.

To: McGregor, Nat
Whoa. I’ll try to do that. And FYI, I’m listening to you, I haven’t called her. Thx Savannah :)


I smiled to the screen and then shoved myself on the bed. Well, at least he’s listening to me.

I closed my eyes as I shoved my iPod earphones into my ears. A soft yet slow song was playing, keeping me company to the slumber and then oddly I was thinking to myself.

Why would I want to help Nat get Lynn that bad?

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Gazillion thank you goes to my Proof Readers :D :
Annie
Dania

hint hint hint for Savannah! :D

olryt!! I'm happy suddenly there's 6 new subscribers for this story, whoever you are, I really appreciate you guys :B thanks for enjoying this story (:

comment/subscribe?

~Loviany