Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 21

Stretched out on a lawn chair, under the shade of one of the large tree, with Abi sleeping quietly in her arms, Andie couldn’t help but smile as the sunlight filtered through the branches, catching the edges of the ring that sat delicately on her finger, causing it to sparkle happily. She couldn’t remember a time when she was happier and the thoughts and images of being married to Brian only made her smile more.

She was so lost in her own little daydream that she didn’t realise Brian had joined her until she felt his lips press gently to the top of her head.

“Hey, did you get everything sorted at the studio?” she asked as his hands rested gently on her shoulders, rubbing them softly.

“We did yes. Everything should be completed by the middle of next week.” He told her.

“And then the promos start and stuff start right?” she replied sadly.

Brian sighed as he leant down to kiss the top of her head again before moving around to kneel down beside her. “Yeah, and they’re finalising some dates for the tour too.”

Andie bit her lip as she nodded. “That’s going to be kinda strange.”

“Yeah it is, it’s going to be heartbreaking to be away from the two of you.” he replied softly. “But it’s not going to be for long.”

“It’s something I’m going to have to get used to if I’m going to be marrying a rock star hey?” she replied with a smile.

“Unfortunately yeah.” He replied returning her smile. “And talking about getting married, the guys want to go out to celebrate the engagements tonight.”

“Suppose you better call around for a baby sitter then.” She replied with a smile.

“Already done, Hillary will be here around seven-thirty.” He replied with a smug grin as Abi stirred in her arms.

“Guess I better go find something to wear then.” She replied, gently passing Abi to him so that she could get up.

~*~

Hearing the doorbell ring from down stairs, Brian kissed Abi’s cheek before he placed her gently into her crib, gently brushing her cheek before he stepped out of the nursery, closing the door behind him. As he made his way down stairs he could hear Andie talking with Hillary who was seemingly admiring her engagement ring.

“I’m glad to see you so happy sweetie, you deserve it.” she told her with a smile.

“Thanks Hillary.” She replied with a faint blush creeping onto her cheeks.

“And you, make sure to take care of her, and that little one upstairs, you hear? She’s like a daughter to me.” Hillary said, turning and pointing her finger at Brian.

“I know, and I have every intention to take care of them both and make both of them happy. I love them.” He replied with a smile as he stepped forward to take hold of Andie’s hand. “You ready to go?”

“Is Abi settled?” she asked.

“Sleeping soundly.” He replied.

“She’ll be fine, now go celebrate, and don’t worry, I’ll bring Abi straight downstairs when she wakes up in the morning.” Hillary replied with a wink, Andie blushing at the memory of the first time she’d looked after Abi for the night.

“That’ll be very much appreciated.” Brian replied with a smirk.

“You have our numbers if you need us.” Andie said as Brian gently ushered her towards the front door.

“Just go.” She called quietly with a smile.

“If Val starts anything tonight, just ignore her.” Brian told Andie as they made their way into the bar, his arm slipping around her waist, pulling her closer to him. “I don’t want her to ruin tonight for you.”

“She won’t.” Andie replied with a smile as she turned to place a brief kiss on his cheek.

“Good.” He replied as they walked over to where most of the group had already assembled.

“Congratulations guys!” Lacey cheered the first to notice them. “Lemme see the ring!”

Andie held out her left hand allowing Lacey to take hold of it to inspect the ring along with Gena while Val sat quietly drinking her beer.

“Oh my god it’s beautiful.” Lacey exclaimed as Gena agreed.

“It’s more beautiful than the one he got her.” Gena said in a low whisper, glancing briefly at Val to make sure she hadn’t heard.

“I know what you’re all thinking!” Jimmy’s voice boomed drawing everyone’s attention to his arrival. “And you’d be right. But look at her! How could I resist?”

The group laughed as Jimmy and Rhian joined the group, a slight blush on Rhian’s cheeks as Gena and Lacey beckoned her over to inspect her ring.

“I think champagne is in order!” Zack announced loudly as the others took their seats around the tables.

As he and Brian went to the bar, Andie sat next to Rhian and Lacey and began talking about proposals and weddings, Andie more than aware that Val was sat scowling at her, her arms crossed over her chest.

“So is it going to be a double wedding?” Gena asked with a smile.

Rhian and Andie looked at each other and smiled before they shook their heads. “No.” Andie said.

“We wouldn’t do that to you guys.” Rhian added with a wink “We know how much you guys like to party.”

“Exactly, and the two of us would never agree on things anyway.” Andie replied as Zack arrived back at the tables with three large bottles of champagne, followed by Brian who was carrying the glasses.

As Zack worked on opening the first bottle, Brian passed a glass to everyone before taking a seat next to Andie, his fingers lacing together with hers as Zack poured them each a glass.

“Now, a toast is in order.” Matt yelled getting everyone’s attention. “Firstly to Jimmy and Rhian. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we knew Rhian was the right one for Jimmy from the moment we saw the two of you talking that night at Brian’s. We hadn’t seen Jimmy that happy in a long time. You are perfect for each other and we all wish you a lifetime of happiness together. So everyone raise their glasses, to Jimmy and Rhian. Congratulations guys.”

Everyone toasted the couple as Jimmy leant across to press his lips firmly against Rhian’s.

Matt cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention once again as he turned to face Andie and Brian. “Now, to Brian and Andie. We all know that you haven’t had a conventional start to your relationship; but it’s good to see you finally getting things right and becoming a proper family. Seeing the two of you together these past couple of months has shown us how much you love each other and how much you belong together. So once again, everyone raise your glasses, to Brian and Andie.”

As the group joined in with the toast, Val stood up, her glass in her hand. “To Andie, the home wrecking whore!” she yelled.

“Val. No!” Matt warned through gritted teeth.

“But that’s what she is. We all know that Brian and Michelle would still be happily married if she hadn’t come along and ruined things for them. But instead here we are, celebrating their engagement while my poor sister is still heartbroken. She’d take him back in a heart beat.” She retorted.

“No she wouldn’t” Matt yelled back. “I know she’s your sister and you want to stick up for her, but you’ve got to cut the crap Val. She’s not heartbroken, not by a long shot, not since she let Nick into her bed. so just leave it yeah. Let Brian and Andie be happy.”

“Who’s Nick?” Brian asked causing everyone to turn to face him.

Matt sighed as Brian glared at him. “He’s Michelle’s new boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” he asked loudly.

“Yeah, And before you get mad, I only found out the other day. I just wasn’t sure how to tell you.” Matt said calmly.

“How long has she been seeing him?” he asked, the gentle hand rubbing his arm calming him.

“About two months. They met through work. That’s all I know.” Matt told him.

“Do the kids know about him? Have they met him?” he asked, turning to Val.

“To be honest Brian, I don’t know. All I know is that this is the happiest I’ve seen her in a long time.” Val said.

Brian sighed. “It’s not that I don’t want her to be happy; I’m glad that she is. But I don’t want this guy being around my kids until I know more about him or things are more serious between the two of them.”

“I don’t know much about the situation Brian, I only found out last week myself, and you may want to talk to Shell about the situation, but I don’t think he’s met the kids yet.” Val told him.

“Oh, don’t worry, I will be talking to her.” Brian said with a tightened jaw.

“Baby, calm down.” Andie whispered cautiously.

Brian turned to look at her, a soft sigh escaping his lips. “I am calm babe. I’ll talk to her in the morning. Right now though, I want to carry on celebrating our engagements.”

He smiled as he turned and cupped Andie’s cheeks with his large hands “I’m sorry baby.” He whispered before he pressed his lips to hers. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” she replied returning his smile, her hands slipping around his waist as his lips met hers again.
♠ ♠ ♠
That wasn't too long a wait was it? :)
Comments?

Andie