Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 20

Another soft moan escaped Andie’s lips as Brian lay soft sensual kisses over her hot sweaty skin, slowly making his way up to her lips.

“I fucking love you, future Mrs Haner.” He murmured into her ear.

“I love you too.” she replied breathlessly as she coaxed his lips to hers.

Breaking the kiss, Brian pulled out of her before collapsing next to her, his arm immediately wrapping itself around her slender waist, pulling her closer to him. They lay in comfortable silence for a long while, Brian lacing his long fingers with hers and placing gentle kisses into her hair.

“I don’t want to spoil the moment but-“ Andie began quietly.

“Shh, no buts, let’s just enjoy the silence before our daughter decides that it’s time we got up.” he said quietly once again pressing his lips to her forehead.

“Okay.” she murmured in reply, a smile on her lips as she closed her eyes.

They lay in silence together for almost another hour, drifting in and out of a light sleep until cheerful babbling made it’s way through the baby monitor.

With a small sigh, Andie sat up, tying her hair back into a messy ponytail before grabbing her discarded t-shirt, panties and shorts to put them back on.

“I’ll go start breakfast while you sort her out.” Brian said as he pulled on a pair of cargo shorts, slipping his feet into a pair of flip flops before he made his way down stairs.

Andie made her way into Abi’s room, cheerfully talking to her as she quickly changed her diaper before taking her down stairs to join Brian for breakfast.

“Bri?” Andie asked quietly as she aimlessly tore her slice of toast into smaller pieces.

“Yes baby?” he asked looking up at her.

“When you go over to pick up the kids…” she began quietly trying to avoid his gaze.

“Baby what’s wrong?” Brian asked softly.

“Nothing, I was just wondering if you were going to tell Michelle?” she said lifting her eyes to meet his as a smile slipped onto his thin lips.

“Of course I am babe. She knew that it was going to happen sooner or later.” He replied.

“She did?” Andie asked a little shocked.

“Um, yeah, on my birthday, when she didn’t want you being around Connor, I kinda blurted out that I was hoping that you’d be his step-mom at some point.” he told her.

“How did she take that?” he asked fighting back a grin.

“Quietly to be honest. I guess she wasn’t expecting me just to blurt it out like that.” he told her.

“Yeah maybe you should have thought before you spoke.” She said with a small smile.

“Maybe, but I’m using the “I’m a guy” excuse for that one.” He replied as Andie laughed.

“And are we telling the kids today too?” she asked.

“I don’t see why not. The sooner the better right?” he said.

“Yeah I guess so.” She said as he stood from the table.

“And no time like the present right.” he pressed his lips to hers, holding them there briefly. “I love you.”

“Love you too.” she muttered as he pulled away.

“I won’t be long.” He told her, kissing her cheek before moving around the table to kiss Abi and then grabbing his car keys off the counter.

“You finished sweetie, cos mommy needs a shower before your brother and sister gets here.” Andie said smiling as Abi giggled at her, lifting her plastic plate.

*~*

Brian stood on the doorstep, the words he wanted to say to Michelle running through his mind as he waited for her to answer. The sound of her voice drew him from his thoughts, looking up as the door opened, Michelle stood on the other side with her phone attached to her ear.

“I’ve got to go, Brian’s here for the kids but I’ll see you later…yeah you too.” she said as she stepped away from the door, allowing Brian to enter the house, shutting the door behind him.

“The kids are up stairs.” she said with a half smile.

“Cool, but um, I was hoping to be able to talk to you before I take them.” He said following her into the living room.

“About what?” Michelle replied, sitting down on the sofa.

Brian sat down opposite her, his elbows resting on his knees, as he twisted his hands over each other nervously. “About Andie.”

“What about her?” she asked coldly.

“Well, I’ve um, I’ve asked her to marry me.” he said watching Michelle’s reaction intently.

“You’ve what?” she asked.

“I proposed to her last night, and she’s said yes.” he replied calmly.

Michelle was silent for a long moment, Brian sat in awkward silence unsure whether he should say more. “Congratulations then I guess.” She said her expression unchanging.

“Thank you. I know that this can’t be easy for you.” he replied.

“No it’s not, but I know it’s something that I’ve got to come to terms with and deal with.” she said quietly.

“I’m sorry Shell,” he whispered with a sympathetic smile as he stood again and made his way up stairs. He walked along the corridor to Connor’s room. “Hey dude, you ready?”

“Can I bring my book?” he asked as he grabbed his back pack.

“Of course, put it in your bag and I’ll go get your sister.” He replied.

After getting Ella from her room, they made their way back down stairs where the kids said good bye to their mother before leaving.

“Did you tell her?” Andie asked quietly once they had greeted the children.

“Yeah.” He replied following the two of them up the stairs, Abi in his arms.

“Well, how did she take it?” Andie pressed.

“Really well considering.” He replied. “Said congratulations and that she knew it was something she’s got to come to terms with.”

“Oh, no yelling?” she asked, Brian shook his head.

“Wanna tell the kids now?”

“No time like the present right?” she replied with a smile which Brian returned before leaning down to peck her lip, taking hold of her hand in his as he followed Connor into his room.

“Dude, me and Andie want to talk to you.” Brian said as Andie picked Ella up and kissed her temple.

“I didn’t do it.” he said defensively. Brian chuckled as he sat down on the bed next to him.

“What didn’t you do?” he asked with a smile.

“Nothing.” He replied lowering his gaze to the floor as Brian chuckled again.

“He’s definitely your son.” Andie laughed as she joined them on the bed. “But sweetie, we need to tell you something.”

“I’m not in trouble?” he asked looking up at them.

“Not with us little dude.” She replied with a smile.

“Me and Andie have got something important to tell you that’s all.” Brian said, watching as he nodded with a smile. “Well, you know me and Andie love each other right?” he paused for a brief moment as once again Connor nodded. “Well, we’re going to get married.”

Connor’s face twisted slightly with confusion, “Married? Like you and mommy?” he asked.

“Like me and your mom used to be yeah.” Brian replied with a smile.

“Does that mean me and Ella are going to live here now?” he asked, Brian and Andie exchanging shocked glances. Neither of them had expected that question.

“Well, um, as much as we would love that to happen, what about living with your mom? Don’t you want to live with her too?”

Connor sighed and nodded, “Yeah I do, but I want to live with you and Andie as well.”

“Sweetie, we’d love it if you could live here but your dad has promised your mom that you’d live with her and come and stay with us on the weekends.” Andie explained softly.

“But maybe one day when you’re older, you can decide if you want to live here instead.” Brian added.

“How old?” he asked.

“Um, I don’t know, maybe when you’re ten?” Brian replied with a smile.

“Cool. Can I go play outside now?” he asked. Again Brian and Andie couldn’t help but laugh.

“Of course dude, go on.” Brian said, Connor immediately jumping off the bed and heading towards the door, Brian and Andie following with the girls in their arms.

“I think it was easier telling Michelle.” Brian muttered as they walked down the stairs. “I’d love it if they could live here though.”

“I know babe, I do too, maybe in time.” Andie replied with a saddened smile.

“You’d be okay with that?” he asked.

“Of course I would babe, you know how much I love these two and how much it’d mean to you to have them living here with us, like a proper family, but they’re too young to make a proper decision about where they live and at a guess, if you tried for main custody now the courts would tend to favour Michelle. I mean you are the one who was unfaithful and effectively ended the marriage, and she can argue about you being away with work a lot.” Andie told him as they sat outside on the decking.

“I know, I guess it’s something I’m just going to have to be patient with and also hopefully get Michelle to agree with letting me have them over more often too.” he said watching Connor play on the small climbing frame.

“It’ll happen babe. Trust me.” she assured him, leaning over to take his hand with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get an update done and I'm sorry it's only a lame filler. It's just been a busy couple of weeks for me. Comments would be lovely....

Before you comment though, two things. Firstly I've written a one shot I Know I'll Find My Own Way, be warned, you'll probably want to have some tissues handy.
Secondly, I've set up a writing contest that you should all check out