Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 28

Butterflies seemed to flutter ferociously in her stomach as she sat at her dressing table, Rhian stood behind her, lightly curling her light brown hair.

“Relax.” Rhian said with a reassuring smile, catching her gaze in the mirror. “Things are going to be fine and you look fucking amazing.”

Nodding, Andie took a deep breath. “Do you think I should have gone for a more traditional dress though? I mean, will Brian be disappointed?”

“Sweetie, listen. You look fucking awesome. The dress looks amazing, traditional or not and believe me once Brian sets his eyes on you he will don’t be disappointed. All he’ll be doing is undressing you with his eyes and fucking you senseless as soon as he gets a chance.” Rhian told her, causing Andie to laugh a slight blush to creep onto her cheeks.

Continuing to curl her hair, Rhian watched Andie carefully. “Andie, can I ask you something?”
Lifting her gaze to meet hers in the mirror she nodded.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” she asked.

Andie smiled, “Oh course it is Rhi. I love Brian more than anything.”

“Good. But I wasn’t on about marrying him. I meant the court house wedding; just having a dozen people there; the honeymoon in Big Bear.” She replied.

Andie took a deep breath, her eyes falling shut briefly, “Rhi, I told you. it’s not always about what I want.”

“But it should-“ Rhian began.

“Leave it Rhi, please. Not today.” Andie warned sternly.

“Sorry.” She replied quietly, returning her attention to curling her hair.

“We’re marrying each other Rhi, that’s the main thing, right?” she said after a brief silence.
Rhian nodded, setting the curling irons down onto the dressing table. “There, you look beautiful Hun.”

A smile gracing her lips once more, Andie nodded and turned to face Abi who was sat in the play pen. “What do you think sweetie? does mommy look nice enough for daddy?”

Earning a smile in response, Andie walked over and picked her up. “Best get you ready now then.”

“Yeah, the car will be here soon.” Rhian said, taking Andie’s vacated seat and starting to do her hair.

“Something to settle the nerves?” Jimmy said, reaching into jacket pocket and passing Brian his hip flask.

“Cheers dude.” Brian said taking a drink of the amber liquid contained within it.

“Didn’t think you’d be this nervous. Not seeing as you were so calm before marrying Michelle.” Jimmy chuckled as Brian went back to pacing around the waiting room of the court house.

“It feels different this time dude. Like I’ve got more to lose if…if something goes wrong.” He replied, lifting the flask to his lips again.

“Nothing’s going to go wrong dude. You both love each other.” Jimmy said, taking the flask back out of Brian’s hands. “Hell, she loves you enough not to have the wedding she wants.”

“What?” Brian asked, stopping his pacing abruptly, turning to stare at Jimmy.

“Dude, don’t you know? Rhian said it was obvious.” He replied as Brian shook his head, panic clear in his eyes.

“What’s obvious Jim?” he asked taking a step closer to his best man.

“Listen, don’t shoot the messenger okay, but Rhi says that Andie doesn’t want a small wedding. She wants the full works, has done since she was a child.” Jimmy explained as Brian shook his head silently.

“No, no she’s happy with a small wedding. It was her idea.” He protested.

“I know dude, but Rhian says that it’s not what she really wants.” Jimmy said, sighing as he saw the look of panic rush over his best friends’ face. “She loves you and wants to marry you, that’s the important thing here, right?”

Brian looked up at him as there was a knock at the door his breathing deep.

“Right?” Jimmy repeated, his blue eyes staring into Brian’s brown ones, watching him nod before walking over to the door and pulling it open.

“The bride is here now, if you’d like to make your way to the court room.” the usher said with a smile.

“Okay, thanks.” Jimmy said, returning the smile before turning to face Brian who was running his hand through his hair. “You coming dude?”

Glancing up at his best friend, Brian smiled. “Yeah, of course.”

They followed the usher down to the court rooms, Jimmy and Brian taking their places before the judge while their friends and their children sat in the seats behind them. Despite it being a court house wedding, they had wanted to keep some traditions so Rhian and Andie were waiting outside ready for her to make her entrance.

“You ready to do this?” Rhian asked with a smile. Andie nodded a smile apparent as the usher smile back at them before opening the door. Linking arms, Rhian and Andie began their walk into the small court room, everyone’s eyes on them as they made their way towards Brian and Jimmy.

Andie caught Brian’s gaze, her smile widening as she noticed his eyes scan over her body.
As they reached the bench, Rhian kissed Andie’s cheek and gave her hand a small squeeze before stepping backwards to stand next to Jimmy.

“Hey.” she whispered as she took hold of Brian’s hand.

“Hey yourself, you look fucking beautiful.” He murmured leaning down to kiss her lips.

“Okay, are we ready to begin?” the middle-aged judged asked from the other her large chair behind the bench.

“Yes your honour.” Brian replied, keeping his hand firmly around hers, his eyes lingering on hers. His eyes stayed on hers, repeating the judges words when prompted to do so until she asked if there was anyone who objected to the wedding.

“I do.”

A gasp echoed around the entire room at the sound of those words, tears in Brian’s eyes as he watched Andie stand rigid.

Turning to face her properly, he took the bunch of lilies she held in her hand and placed them on the bench next to them allowing him to take hold of both her hands. “Baby, tell me the truth.” He began nervously. “Is this the wedding you want?”

“Of course it is.” She replied quietly.

“Babe are you sure? Do you not want a big wedding? The wedding you’ve been dreaming of since you were a kid?” he asked looking deep into her eyes.

“Rhian’s been talking to you hasn’t she?” she replied, a flash of anger appearing in her eyes.

“Actually it was Jimmy. But tell me the truth. Do you want the wedding of your dreams? A church wedding, with all our family and friends, a big white dress, the full works?” he replied.

Andie was silent for a moment, staring up into his chocolate orbs. “Yeah, I do.” She whispered.

A smile tugging at his lips, Brian leaned down to kiss her briefly. “Then let’s do that. Forget today, lets do this properly, the way you want it to be.”

“Brian, are you sure?” she asked quietly.

“Yes, I’m sure. I can’t marry you knowing that this isn’t what you want. I love you Andrea and I want to make you happy.” he replied.

“Okay, let’s do it that way.” She said leaning up to kiss him.

“Sorry your Honour.” Brian said, parting from the kiss and glancing up at the judge.

“Not a problem young man, as long as you are both happy.” she replied with a smile.

“More than happy.” Brian replied quietly with a smirk gazing into Andie’s eyes.

“You still want to have the reception though?” she asked as they turned to leave, picking up her flowers.

“Wouldn’t want it going to waist.” He replied with a smile. “You guys still up for a party?”

“Hell yeah!” Jimmy yelled, the rest of the group cheering as they followed them back out of the courthouse.

The group made their way back to Brian and Andie’s house where their back yard had been set up for the reception. Balloons and ribbons of white black and red decorated the decking area and the tables that had been set up to hold the food and drink.

“You’re not mad at me are you?” Rhian asked nervously approaching her best friend.

She smiled, “I probably should be, but no, I’m not.”

“I just want you to be happy.” she said stepping forward to embrace her.

“I know Hun, and I am. I should have listened to you in the first place and told Brian what I wanted.” She replied.

“Yeah you should have.” Brian said, Andie looking up at him as she pulled away from the embrace.

“Sorry.” She muttered sliding her arms around his waist.

“You!” Rhian said with a pointed finger at Brian. “You scared the shit out of me in that courtroom. Don’t ever do that again.” she warned with a smile.

Brian chuckled, “sorry, and don’t worry I’m not planning to. The next time we stand in front of a judge or priest or whatever, I’m not leaving until she’s officially my wife.”

“So long as I can still use the same best man speech next time.” Jimmy said joining them.

“Of course dude.” Brian replied. “I’m keeping my speech.”

“Are you guys still going to head up to Big Bear for a few days?” Rhian asked.

Looking up at Brian as he stood behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist, Andie raised a questioning eyebrow, “Are we?”

“I don’t see why not? I’ve been away for two months, some quality time together would be perfect.” He replied.

“Do you still want us to have Abi too?” she asked with a smile.

“Hey, what about our quality time together?” Jimmy whined with a pout.

“It’s okay, we’ll take her.” Andie said with a smile.

“No, we said we’d have her.” Rhian insisted.

“No, really, you can save your offer for our real honeymoon.” Andie said with a wink.

“Good thinking babe.” Brian murmured against her ear, the opening bars of Frank Sinatra’s I’ve Got You Under My Skin sounded through the speakers. “Come on, this was meant to be our first dance.” He said taking hold of her hand and leading her over to where a small dance floor had been put up.

As they moved slowly around the dance floor in time to the music, Andie kept her eyes firmly locked on Brian’s. “I love you.” he murmured, leaning down to kiss her lips, his hands slowly moving down the side of her dress.

“Love you too.” she said sliding her hands around his neck.

“And you look fucking sexy in this dress.” He said into her ear, his teeth nipping at her lobe as his fingers slid under the silky material, finding her lace panties. she moaned, feeling his fingers rub her through the material, pulling his lips to meet hers as he pushed the material aside, slipping a long digit into her. moaning she pulled away.

“Not here Bri, not where the kids can see.” She whispered through a moan as he curled his finger within her.

Pulling away from her, he licked his finger, taking hold of her hand. “Come on then, let’s find somewhere a little more private.” He said with a smirk, leading her back towards the house.