Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 32

With the phone pressed against her ear, Andie’s eyes ran over the items on the list in her hand. “You got the helium canister for the balloons?”

Rhian sighed on the other end of he phone, “Yes sweetie, now quit worrying, I’ll be over in an hour to help you decorate once I’ve picked up the cake.”

“Sorry Hun, I just want today to be perfect.” Andie replied.

“I know, and it will. I’ll see you in an hour.” Rhian replied cheerfully before ending the call.

Setting the phone down on the counter, Andie jumped as arms slipped around her waist.
“Sorry, didn’t mean to make you jump.” Brian whispered kissing her cheek. “You okay?”

“I’ll be better when this party is over with.” she sighed.

“I thought you were looking forward to this party?” he asked confused.

“I am, it’s just I want it to be-“

“Perfect.” Brian finished. “It will be baby, I promise.”

She inhaled deeply, turning in his arms, looking up into his brown eyes. “I can’t believe she’s one already.”

“I know, she’s gonna be going off to college next.” Brian teased.

“Yeah, going to parties, getting drunk, bringing boys home.” Andie added failing to hold in her laughter as Brian growled lowly.

“A chastity belt was on the list of presents right?” he asked.

Andie laughed, reaching up to kiss his lips. “You wanna start setting up the back yard, making sure the babies can’t get into the pool.”

“Yeah of course, just give me a yell if you need me.” he said kissing her forehead with a smile before heading towards the door.

Taking a deep breath Andie glanced down at the list in her hand, wondering where to start.

“Okay, ready.” Rhian asked her hands on the lid of a large white bakery box as she looked at Andie who was stood next to her nodding. Slowly she lifted the lid, revealing a two-tiered birthday cake, decorated with lilac and aqua icing, with matching star cake-toppers. Abigail’s name ran around the side of the top layer; on top sat a teddy bear holding a present, with the number one on it.

“It’s beautiful, perfect.” Andie said with a beaming smile, “Thank You.”

“No worries Hun.” Rhian replied gently placing the lid back on. “Now where is the birthday girl?”

“Napping of course, don’t want her grouchy for her party.” Andie replied.

“I can’t believe she’s one already.” Rhian commented grabbing one of the breadsticks from the cup on the counter.

“I know, so much has happened in this past year.” Andie replied.

“Baby, where do you want this?” Jimmy asked as he walked into the kitchen, carrying the helium canister.

“Out back. Me and Andie are gonna blow them up and you and Bri are going to tie them to where we tell you to.” she replied with a smile.

Jimmy’s face fell into a pout “You don’t trust me to behave with the helium do you?”

Reaching her arms up to wrap around his shoulders, Rhian smiled as she shook her head.
“Do you remember the last time you were allowed anywhere near a helium canister?”

“What? Johnny wasn’t seriously hurt!” he retorted still pouting.

“Still, I think it’ll be best if Andie and I stay in charge of the helium.” She replied pressing her lips to his.

“Can I at least tie half of them to Christ’s chair to see if he’ll float?” he asked.

“After the party.” Rhian replied sternly with a smile.

“Thank you.” he replied kissing her forcefully.

“Okay, now that that’s sorted, can we get these balloons done?” Andie asked heading out of the door.

“Of course, come on guys, before the birthday girl wakes up.” Rhian cheered following her.

~*~

The sound of hyped up children filled the back yard as Matt took his usual role at the grill. Andie was stood with Rhian and Lacey, Reuben, Lacey’s two and a half month old in her arms.

“I wanna ask you two a favour.” Lacey asked.

“Go ahead.” Rhian said with a smile.

“Well Johnny and I were talking about getting Reuben christened and we were hoping that you two and Brian and Jimmy would be the god parents.” She said smiling.

“Of course we will.” Rhian replied turning to hug her.

“We’d love to.” Andie added as Jimmy came up to them sliding his long arms around Rhian’s waist.

“Baby, we need to talk.” He said as kissed her cheek. “There are babies and kids everywhere.”

Rhian glanced at him confused, “Well we are at a one year olds birthday party babe.”

“I know, but even short shit has a baby now.” Jimmy pouted.

“So what you want me to do about that?” Rhian asked turning her head to look up at him.
“I want us to have one too.” he whispered in her ear.

Slightly shocked, Rhian turned in his arms, “Yeah?”

“Yeah, you okay with that?” he asked, his blue eyes sparkling.

“Yeah I am.” She replied reaching up to press her lips against his.

Jimmy parted her lips with his, slipping his tongue over hers. “Wanna start now?” he murmured.

“I’ll meet you upstairs in five minutes.” She replied smirking, stepping away from him.
“Excuse me ladies.” She said as she turned to Andie and Lacey.

Jimmy watched her walking away, a smirk on his face as he adjusted his pants. “Excuse me ladies.”

“Just not in the kids rooms.” Andie warned as he walked away and Brian joined them, slipping his arm around Andie’s waist.

“Nor ours.” He added loudly.

As Jimmy made his way through the house to follow Rhian upstairs, there was a loud knock at the front door. “Hi, can I help you?” he asked the middle-aged woman stood on the other side of the door.

“I’m, um, I’m looking for Andrea.” She asked nervously.

“Andrea? Oh Andie, yeah, she’s out back with the others, go ahead.” He replied with a beaming smile. as the woman nodded and stepped through the door, Jimmy turned and ran up the stairs, loosening his pants as he went.

“Dada dada.” Brian looked down at Abigail who was calling him, her arms outstretched to him.

“What’s the matter princess?” he asked picking her up into her arms and kissing her cheek.

“in nere.” She said waving her hand towards the pool.

“You wanna go swimming?” he asked smiling as she nodded. “You want daddy to come with you.”

“yeah.” She said nodding her head once.

“Okay sweetie, give mommy a kiss and we’ll go in the pool.” He said.

Abi leaned over and kissed Andie who was smiling at her. “Be good.” She said as her daughter nodded once more and waved.

“We always are.” Brian replied kissing her lips briefly with a wink.
As she watched them walk over to the pool, Reuben began to cry in her arms. “Oh hey little man, what’s wrong?”

“He’s probably hungry, here.” Lacey said reaching her hands out for her son. “It’s okay if I go do this inside?”

“Hun, if I’m okay with those two doing that upstairs, I’m going to be more than fine with you feeding your son.” Andie replied with a smile.

“Thanks.” Lacey replied before walking towards the house. Andie’s gazed followed her, her smile disappearing as her eyes landed on the woman who was stood on the top of the patio.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I wanted to bring Abigail her birthday present.” She replied holding out the pink wrapped parcel in her hand.

“Suddenly want to know her now do you?” Andie replied sternly glaring at the woman in front of her, fighting back the tears.

“I, I am her grandmother Andrea.” She replied just as sternly.

“You’ve refused to have anything to do with her since the moment I told you I was pregnant.” Andie retorted loudly, gaining the attention of everyone, including Brian who looked up from the pool.

“I know, but I want that to change. I want to be a grandmother to her.” she replied softening her tone.

“Why the change of heart?” Andie asked.

“I’ve missed you.” She replied taking a step closer.

“You’ve missed me?” Andie yelled as Brian reached her side., reaching for her hand. “I’ve called you, sent you letters, photos for over a year and have had nothing in reply mom. Nothing. So don’t stand there telling me you’ve missed me when I’m the one who has tried to keep in touch.”

“I know, and I’m sorry okay. I made a mistake.” She replied, tears forming in her eyes.

“So what, you thought you’d just turn up here on her birthday and everything would be hunkie dorey again?” Andie asked.

“No, I just, please Andie, you’re my daughter and she’s my granddaughter. I love you.” her mother pleaded.

“I love you too mom, and it’s been killing me having you ignore me for the past year and a half.” Andie said as tears slipped down her cheek, Brian pulling her gently into his side.

“I’m sorry Andie, please forgive me.” her mother pleaded tears also slipping down her cheeks.

Without another word, Andie broke free of Brian’s grasp and ran over to her mother, wrapping her arms around her. “I’m sorry sweetie.” she whispered.

“It’s okay. Do you want to come and meet Abi and Brian?” she whispered as she pulled out of the embrace.

“Of course I do.” She replied with a smile. Andie turned and glanced across to where Abi was in Papa Gates’ arms.

“Come here sweetie, I want you to come meet your Nana.” She said opening her arms and watching as her daughter made her way slowly over to her. “You too.” she added looking up at Brian. “You need to come meet your soon to be mother in law.”

“Soon to be?” her mother asked as Brian made his way over, picking up Abi into his arms as he did.

“We’re getting married in a week.” She replied with a smile “Didn’t you get the invitation?”

“You sent one?”

“Of course I did, just in case.” Andie replied with a smile.

“Looks like I’ve got some mail to look through when I get home.” she replied blushing. “She looks just like you did at that age.”

“Apart from the nose, she has a Haner nose.” Brian said proudly causing Andie and her mother to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of an abrupt ending I know, and I also know that it's taken me longer that usual to update but I've kinda had other things going on.

Anyway, comments? Thoughts?