Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

The Epilogue

With Abigail’s help Lacey turned off all the lights of the Day Care Centre as Andie locked the office door. “Ready?”

“Yep, come on lets get out of here.” She replied reaching for the keypad for the alarm system. As she pressed the first digit of the code she was interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing.

“Just leave it, come on, we’re shut.” Lacey said as Andie cursed and leaned over to grab the phone.

“Nah, I better get it.” she replied. “Hello Little Stars Day Care.”

“You’re still there? How long before you get home?” Rhian asked.

“Well I would be in the car by now but someone rang me and held me up.” she replied with a smile.

“Oh, well hurry up, I’m waiting for you.” she said hanging up without another word.

“Everything okay?” Lacey asked noticing Andie’s confused expression as she stared at the phone briefly before placing it back in the cradle.

“I don’t know. Let’s go and find out, I think Rhi’s at my place.” She said tapping in the code and following Lacey out of the building and locking up.

Pulling up onto her driveway Andie frowned with confusion at the sight of Rhian perched on her doorstep, a bottle of water at her lips, her expression anxious.

“Hun are you okay?” Andie asked getting out of the car watching as Rhian quickly got to her feet.

“I just really need to pee.” She said almost dancing on the spot.

“Okay, here.” She replied throwing her house keys up to her with a chuckle and a shake of her head.

“Why was she drinking more if she really needs to pee?” Lacey asked as she got her bag out of the trunk and Andie took Abigail out of her car seat.

“Only she can answer that.” she replied taking her toddlers hand and walking up into the house where she was greeted by the sound of the upstairs toilet flushing.

“Okay…” Rhian started as she made her way back down the stairs. “Here, take this and tell me what it says in three minutes.”

Andie looked at the small white object that had been placed in her hand a smile forming on her lips. “You think you’re pregnant?”

Rhian nodded quietly. “I was sat at home earlier and had a letter come through from the clinic confirming our appointment for two weeks time with some paper work to complete and what with everything that’s been going on, I haven’t actually had time to realise until I was filling in the questions that it’s been almost seven weeks since I had a period. So I got in my car and went straight to Wal-Mart to get some pregnancy tests. The first one was positive but I wanted to make sure so I did another one and that was positive too.”

“Best of three hey?” Lacey commented with a smile but Rhian shook her head.

“The third was positive too, as was the fourth.”

“Rhi! How many tests have you done?” Andie asked wide eyed.

“That’s number ten, I think.” She stated calmly.

“Have you told Jimmy yet?” Lacey asked.

Again Rhian shook her head, “No, he’s busy getting ready for tonight and I don’t want to tell him until I’m certain.”

“Hun, I don’t think you can get more certain than ten positive tests.” Rhian said holding up the test to show her the two pink lines.

“I’m pregnant?” she whispered taking the stick from Andie.
“I would say so, yes.” Andie replied with a beaming smile. “Congratulations Hun.” She squealed pulling her best friend into an embrace.

“I can’ believe it.” Rhian whispered as Andie let her go.

“I need to tell Jimmy. We need to get ready and head up to Long Beach so I can tell him.” she said in a hurry.

“Okay, okay, calm down.” Andie laughed. “Did you bring your stuff over?”

“No, I wasn’t even thinking.” She replied.

“In that case, go raid my closet and get ready.” She said with a smile. “Lace you can use the spare room, Abi come on we need to get ready to go see Daddy.”

~~~

Sat in the back stage area of the Long Beach Arena, Brian looked around at his four best friends not really believing that this would be the last time they would be gathered like this before a show. They’d been doing this for almost twenty years, playing in small bars, clubs, moving to festivals and arenas all over the world. This band had been a huge part of his life, he owed these guys so much.

“We’re still going to be five best mates dude, ending the band won’t ever change that.” Jimmy said sitting down beside him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

“I know dude, and trust me if the end of the band meant the end of our friendships I’d keep this band going until my dying day.” Brian replied.

“Same here dude.” Jimmy said placing one of his long arms around Brian’s shoulders and pulling him closer. “Fucking love you dude.”

“Love you too.” Brian replied.

“Where’s Jimmy, I need to speak to him, where is he?” Rhian’s panicked voice caused them both to sit up straight.

“Babe I’m right here, what’s wrong?” Jimmy said standing up and running over to her.

“I need to speak to you.” she said taking hold of his hand and pulling him back through the door she’d just burst through.

“Is everything okay?” Zack called over to Andie who was stood by the door watching it swing shut once more.

“Yeah, fine.” She said with a smile, putting Abi down beside her. “Connor and Ella are over there with Granddad look.” She said pointing in their direction.

“Hey not so fast munchkin.” Brian said as he made his way over to them, grabbing her gently as she made to run over to her brother and sister and scooping her, giggling, up into his tattooed arms. “Daddy needs a hug from his favourite princess first.”

“Daddy!” she whined though laughter. “Let me go.”

“Not until I hear the magic words.”

“Please!” she squealed continuing to laugh.

“Not the right ones.” He said shaking his head, at which point she stopped took her small hands and placed them on his clean shaven chin and looked into his brown eyes. “I love you daddy.” She said and quickly kissed his lips.

“Love you too baby girl.” He replied kissing her again with a beaming smile before allowing her to drop to the floor. “So what’s going on with Rhian and Jimmy?” he asked turning his attention to his wife.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” She replied smiling at him as he narrowed his eyes at her just as there was a joyous yell from the other side of the door.

“Fucking yes! I fucking work!” Jimmy yelled bursting back in through the doors and running up to Andie, pulling her away from Brian and picking her up and spinning her around. “I fucking work.” Putting Andie down, he turned to Brian and did the same to him.

“What the hell is going on?” Matt yelled bemused.

“Rhian’s pregnant! I’m going to be a dad!” Jimmy yelled running over to Matt and hugging him too.

“Really?” Brian asked Andie as Rhian walked quietly back into the room with a large smile on her face.

“Yeah.” Andie replied watching as Jimmy continued to celebrate the news by hugging everyone in sight, jumping slightly as she felt Brian’s hands on her hips.

“You look fucking stunning by the way.” He whispered in her ear pulling her closer to him.

“Thanks. You look pretty hot yourself.” She replied blushing as her eyes roamed over his body.

“You know that after tonight you’re gonna be married to plain old Brian Haner Jr, a has been rock star, tonight’s going to be your last chance to fuck Synyster Gates.” He whispered, his fingers running gently up and down her sides.

“Then maybe we’ll have to find a quiet room somewhere once you’ve come off stage.” She answered suggestively.

“Sounds like a plan.” He replied kissing her, his lips lingering against hers until they were interrupted by the sound of Larry calling for their attention.

“Ten minutes guys, this is it.”

“Good Luck Babe, me and the kids will be right there on the side of the stage.” Andie said giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Love you.” he whispered kissing her lips once more.

“Love you too.” she replied quietly before he walked across the room to join the others.

The crowd was immense. It looked as if every single Avenged Sevenfold fan in the world was packed into the arena. The cheers that went up around them as the guys took to the stage was absolutely amazing. They went straight into their first song, the crowd singing along with every word.

“Okay guys, you know why we’re here tonight right?” Matt said into his microphone after the first song ended. “It’s not been an easy decision to make but after almost twenty years, Avenged Sevenfold is coming to an end. As much as we all love this band we’ve all got stuff happening in our private lives right now that is more important and takes priority. It’s been an amazing twenty years though and we couldn’t have done it without you, our loyal, amazing fans – our crazy extended family. Tonight is dedicated to you. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.” There was a huge cheer from the crowd that was only drowned out as Brian started the second song.

Over two hours later, they were playing their final song and Andie had a hold of Abi fast asleep in her arms. She watched from the side of the stage with tears in her eyes as the guys all walked to the front of the stage, embracing each other as they waved and blew kisses of thanks towards the applauding crowd. She couldn’t see any of their faces but she knew that there were tears in each of their eyes; the fans too.

After what seemed like an eternity the guys finally made their way off the stage, Brian walking straight over to Andie, his guyliner smudged around his eyes from the tears he had tried to wipe away. She moved towards him, his arms engulfing her and Abi as they met, pulling them into a tight embrace. They moved briefly when they felt two sets of small arms encircle their legs and waist, looking down to find Connor and Ella stood their hugging them.

They remained like that for a little while, until Brian pulled away slightly, his eyes meeting Andie’s before their lips met briefly.

“Thank you.” he said quietly against her lips.
Andie’s head tilted slightly to the side, “For what?”

“For everything, for your support.” He replied.

“Always.” She said with a smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

About seven months later.

“Slow deep breaths honey, slow deep breaths.”

From the other side of the kitchen Brian chuckled, “Shouldn’t this be the other way around?”

“Shut up Gates.” Rhian yelled watching as Jimmy did as she asked, the panic slowly beginning to lift away with every breath.

“Hun, you’ve met Bret’s wife, Kayla right? She’s a midwife.” Andie said walking into the kitchen.

“Hi Rhi, how have the contractions been so far.” she asked.

“They’ve been coming every three minutes for the past half an hour or so.” She replied.

“Okay, and your waters have just gone right?”

“Yeah.” She answered quietly, reaching for Jimmy’s hands as she felt another contraction hit.

“Are you okay if I examine you once this contraction is over?” Kayla asked.

“Yeah, whatever.” Rhian groaned as she breathed through the pain. Once it was over, Andie led them upstairs to the spare room, helping Rhian onto the bed.

“This is going to be uncomfortable.” Kayla warned with a smile.

“It can’t be any worse than what I’ve gone through already.” She muttered in reply.

“Okay, you’re already six centimetres dilated, you’re going to have this baby quickly.” she said wiping her hands in the towel Andie had given her.

“Then shouldn’t we get her to a hospital?” Jimmy asked loudly.

“Baby!” Rhian whined, reaching out for his hands.”

“There may not be time, your baby could be here real soon.” Kayla explained.

“But, she can’t have the baby here!” Jimmy yelled. “What about pain relief? What if something goes wrong?”

“The way she’s going I don’t think there’s going to be any time for pain relief and…”
Kayla was cut off by the sound of Rhian’s scream as she had another contraction. “See her contractions are getting closer together. But if it makes you feel better I’ll ask Andie to call an ambulance to that she can go straight to the hospital.”

Jimmy nodded and Andie made her way back down stairs to get the phone. “How’s she doing up there?” Brian asked.

“Looks like I’m going to have to share my birthday celebrations from now on.” Andie replied with a smile as she dialled 911. “She’s moving really quickly, she may even give birth here.”

“Here?” Brian repeated with widened eyes, listening to Andie ask for an ambulance and tell the operator what was going on upstairs.

“Don’t worry, she’s in the spare room.” Andie said as she hung up. “Keep an eye out for the ambulance please.”

There was another scream from the spare room as Andie made her way back upstairs and as she walked into the room she was greeted by the sight of Kayla examining Rhian again. “I told you she was moving quickly. Rhian I need you to listen to me. You’re fully dilated, on your next contraction you’re probably going to feel like you want to push.”

“Holy shit.” Jimmy muttered grasping Rhian’s hand tighter.

Less than five minutes later, Rhian had a tiny baby boy placed on her chest, Jimmy on the edge of the bed next to her, tears in his eyes as he stared down at his son with pride.

“Hey guys the…ambulance is, um here.” Brian said, halting in the door way at the sight before him.

“Great, we need to cut the cord before we move them.” Kayla said. The paramedic walked past Brian into the room, taking out a sterile scissors from her bag.

“Is dad going to do the honours?” she asked. Jimmy nodded and took the scissors, following Kayla’s instructions to cut the cord.

“So are you going to tell us his name now?” Andie asked as settled Rhian into the back of the ambulance.

“Yeah I better had.” She replied with a tired yet beaming smile. “Guys meet Caleb James Sullivan.”

“Aw Hun, that’s a lovely name.” Andie replied, stepping back to allow the paramedics to close up the doors.

“I’ll call you later” Rhian called as the doors shut.

“I want one.” Brian whispered as his arms snaked around her waist, settling on her stomach as she watched the ambulance pull away.

“You’ve had three, don’t you think that’s enough?” Andie asked with a smile as she turned in his arms, her arms reaching up around his neck, her fingers playing with the fine tufts of hair there.

“I think one more would be nice.” He replied with a smirk.

“Good thing I got a head start on your request then isn’t it.” she replied leaning up on her tip toes to kiss his lips as their son kicked in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's it guys. The End.
I was in two minds whether to post the two parts separately but as you can see I decided to post it as one long chapter.

As I said at the end of the last chapter, a huge Thank You goes out to everyone who has read, subscribed, commented and recommended this story. Your support is very much appreciated. And it's a support I hope you'll continue as I move on to finish my next story Scars, which I put on hiatus to concentrate on this story. Please check it out and see what you think of it.

Thanks again guys. <3