Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 9

Andie stood at the top of Brian’s stairs with Abi in her arms, watching as the guys carried furniture up to the bedrooms and directing them on what went in which room.

“Let me guess, these pretty pink lamps go in Brian’s room?” Zack asked with a smile.

“Well where else?” Andie replied sarcastically. Zack just rolled his eyes and headed into Ella’s bedroom.

“Babe where are these canvas’ being hung up?” Brian called loudly from his room. with a smile Andie walked into the master bed room to find Brian stood next to the bed holding two of the purple canvas’ in his hand with a confused look on his face.

“Well that’s up to you. It’s your bedroom after all.” She replied with a smile.

“Oh come on, you can’t fool me, these are for your benefit.” He replied with a smirk.

“Just hang them above the bed Haner.” She replied quietly feeling herself blush.
It had been two weeks since Rhian’s birthday and the pair had been spending more and more time together and he had spent the night at hers on more than one occasion.

“That’s everything for upstairs now.” Matt said as he walked into the room, drawing their gaze away from each other.

“Cool, you can give me a hand with these. And apparently I’ve got to hang my custom in here too.” Brian replied.

“You don’t have to, I just thought it’ll look good.” Andie replied with a smile as she turned to leave.

“Dude, it’s so obvious she’s setting up this room, hell, this house to as much her taste as yours.” She heard Matt say quietly as she left the room.

“That’s fine by me dude. She can move in whenever she wants.” She heard Brian reply putting an instant smile on her face. “Now help me put this guitar up.”

“What’s with the shitting eating grin?” Rhian asked as Andie walked into the kitchen where she was placing the new plates and dishes into the cupboard.

“Hmm?” Andie replied.

“Never mind, it’s pretty obvious really.” She replied.

“What’s obvious?” Andie asked placing Abi into the bouncer.

“That Brian’s the one responsible for that smile and has been for the past two weeks.” she replied as Andie took a bottle of expressed milk out of the bag to warm up.

“So. Is that a problem?” she replied defensively.

“Not at all Hun, I’m just interested to see how long it’ll actually take you to give in.” she replied with a smirk.

“I’m just trying to get things going the right way for a change.” She replied with a sigh.

“What do you mean?” Rhian asked.

“Well it’s all fucked up isn’t it? I mean, we had an affair and now we’ve got a baby together. He’s left his wife and he wants us to be together. Under normal circumstances, we would date, go out and have a few drinks, a meal or something. Then after a few dates and when we were officially going out we’d sleep together, we’d stay over and stuff and then after a few months we’d move in together. But normal circumstances have been thrown out of the window. We’ve never been on a date, never done anything that normal couples do.” She replied solemnly as she checked the temperature of the milk before taking Abi back out of the bouncer.

“Oh Hun, I had no idea you felt that way about it.” Rhian replied sadly.

“It’d just be nice if I could have a normal relationship with the guy I really like.” she muttered.

“Things will work out sweetie.” She replied with a sympathetic smile.

“What will work out?” Jimmy asked bouncing into the room.

“Andie and Brian’s relationship.” Rhian told him.

“Oh I knew that. Everybody knows that, well, apart from you And.” He replied. “I mean it’s been pretty obvious for the past month that it’s only a matter of time before you two realise it and give in.”

“Why do I feel like my ears are burning?” Brian teased as he walked into the room followed by Matt and Zack.

“Because we’ve all been saying how completely jealous we are of you for having this beautiful house.” Rhian said quickly noticing how Andie was blushing and diverting her eyes to Abi.

“I know damn well that that’s not the real answer, but I’ll take It.” he replied with a smile.

“Good. Now is there anything else to sort out?” she asked.

“Um, no, actually all the big stuff is in its place the rest I can sort out later or tomorrow.” he replied glancing around the room.

“Cool, in that case then, we’ll all leave you to it. Come on guys.” She replied ushering them out of the kitchen.

“Wait, there’s no need to rush off, there’s beers in the fridge.” Brian replied.

“Well have them some other time. We’ll leave you three on your own.” she replied with emphasis on ‘three’.

“Oh, yeah dude, we’ve got shit to do anyway.” Zack replied stepping forward to give Brian a man hug.

“Okay, see you later dudes.” Brian replied with a small chuckle.

“Subtle isn’t she?” Andie giggled as he turned back into the kitchen.

“As a brick.” Brian replied with a smile. “Is she sleeping?”

“Yeah, I’ll just go and put her down upstairs if that’s okay?” she replied.

“Of course, it is her house as well remember?” Brian replied quietly, leaning down to kiss Abi on the forehead. As he brought his head back up his eyes locked with hers and he leaned gently in to kiss her lips.

“Sorry, I couldn’t resist.” He replied quietly pulling away.

“Don’t be.” She whispered with a smile before walking away.

Brian watched her leave the room, a large smile on his face, only drawing his eyes away as his cell phone vibrated in his pocket. It was a message from Rhian.

“She wants a normal relationship. She wants to go on dates and stuff. Make her happy.”

He smiled at the message, quickly replying to her before thinking about what to do. He sighed as he wandered over to the breakfast bar and sat on a stool, running his fingers through his hair as his other hand spun his cell around on the counter top..

“If it’s a date she wants, a date she’ll get.” he muttered.

“First sign of madness you know Haner.” Andie said with a smile as she walked back into the room.

“How easy would it be for you to get a baby sitter for tonight?” he asked.

“Tonight? Probably not too easy. Why?” she replied taking a seat opposite him.

“Well, um, I was wondering if you’d like to go out some where, just the two of us?” he asked nervously.

“Just the two of us?” she questioned with a smile.
Brian nodded, “Yeah, I don’t know where exactly. Maybe dinner? Movie? Whatever you fancy.”

“Kind of like a date?” she asked with a blush.

“Well, um, yeah. I thought you know, it may just be about time we actually had a proper date, maybe try and be a proper couple.” He replied nervously.

Andie narrowed her eyes as she looked at Brian. “Really?”

“Yeah, we haven’t exactly had the most conventional starts to our relationship have we? I thought we should try and change that. go on a few dates, try and be a normal couple for a change.” He replied.

“Have you been talking to Rhian by any chance?” she asked.

“No. well not since she left just now.” he replied quickly. With a quick glance at his cell phone that sat on the counter between them, Andie made a grab for it before Brian could. She quickly went to his call list, disappointed not to see Rhian’s name there. She then went to his messages and smiled as she read the message from her.

“She’s damn lucky I love her.” she muttered sliding his phone back over to him.

“Don’t be mad at her, she only wants to help; to see you happy.” he said.

“I know. I’m not mad at her.” she replied with a smile.

“So you’ll go on a date with me?” he asked blushing.

“If you can find me a baby sitter yeah.” She replied.

“Cool, so is there anything in particular you want to do?” he asked.

“Dinner somewhere would be good.” She said. “Seafood?”

“Sounds good to me. I better start making some calls.” He replied taking hold of his phone.

As he made calls, first to try and find a babysitter, Andie made her way into the living room to call Rhian.

“Thank you.” she said as she answered.

“For what?” she asked.

“I’ve seen the message you sent Brian.” she told her.

“You’re not mad?” she asked nervously.

“No, I’m happy. Of course I would have preferred it to have been totally his idea, but I appreciate you giving him a nudge in the right direction.” She replied.

“Anytime sweetie. So he’s taking you on a date huh?” she asked.

“Tonight hopefully if we can get a babysitter.” She replied.

“Say no more, Jimmy and I will look after Abi.” Rhian replied excitedly.

“Are you sure?” Andie asked.

“Of course I’m sure, especially if it means you two can go on a date.” She replied.
“Thanks Hun, hang on.” She replied placing her hand over the receiver, “Bri! We’ve got babysitters, you can book a table now.” she called.

“Are we coming around to Brian’s or yours?” Rhian asked.

“Um, mine thanks Hun.” She replied.

“Okay see you later.” She said before hanging up the phone.

“Looks like we’re going on a date.” Brian said walking into the room.

“Yeah?” she asked as he sat down next to her on the sofa.

“Yep, I’ve managed to get us a table for two at Tuna Town.” He said proudly.

“Thank God for friends in high places.” She teased.

“Hey, do you want this date or not?” Brian asked with a playful grin on his lips.

“Meh.” She replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

“I really don’t know why I bother sometimes.” He replied with a roll of his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I’m sorry, I can’t wait to go on a date with you.” she replied softly, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Me neither.” He replied, turning to kiss her. She kissed him back, their feather light kisses becoming more passionate until Brian fell backwards so that he was led on his back. Andie moaned softly as she pulled away from him, sitting back up.

“Almost got carried away there.” she said feeling herself blush.

“Can’t be having that can we?” Brian teased. “Not until we’ve been on a few dates at least.”

“A few dates?” Andie asked.

“Yeah, I thought that if we’re going to be a normal dating couple we should maybe not get too carried away with the physical part of our relationship.” He replied blushing.

“That could prove harder that what it sounds.” She replied.

“Tell me about it, so I think we’re going to have to stop staying over as well.” He replied.

“I guess. Reduce temptation.” She said with a smile. “What about snuggling on the sofa though? Is that allowed?”

“Always.” He replied opening his arms out to her.

“Just until Abi wakes up, then I’ve got to go home to get ready for a date with a sexy man.” She replied pulling herself closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?!