Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 8

As much as Brian wanted to stay, to lay next to Andie, watching her sleep, he felt the need to get up and leave before she woke up and realised that she regretted the previous night. He quickly got dressed and leaned down to press his lips softly against her forehead.

“Last night was amazing. I love you.” he whispered quietly, gently pushing her hair out of her face.

“You’re leaving?” he heard her whisper as he was about to open the door. He turned back to find her looking at him.

“I thought it’d be what you wanted.” He stated quietly and honestly.

“Why would I want you to leave?” she asked.

“I don’t know, I thought that you maybe you’d regret what happened last night.” He replied taking a step closer to the bed. “You were upset and had had too much to drink, and you said that you didn’t want to rush into anything.”

Andie sighed as she lifted her self off the bed to look at him properly, “I don’t regret anything that happened last night.”

“Really?” he asked with a small smile.

“I’ve got to stop lying to myself Brian; I’ve got feelings for you, strong ones. I’ve got to stop fighting them.” She said quietly.

“That makes me so happy hearing you say that. I was so scared that you’d hate me for taking advantage of you.” he said.

“Brian, I promise I don’t hate you, and I know you’d never take advantage of me.” she replied with a smile. “Now will you stay for a little while longer?”

“If that’s what you want, I’d love to.” he replied before stripping down to his boxers and climbing back into bed next to her. She instantly moved closer to him, sliding her arm around his waist and resting her head on his chest.

“I know you’re not totally in the same place as I am right now with regards to our relationship, but I love you Andie.” He said quietly after a moment of silence.

“I’m sorry Brian.” she said lifting her head to look at him. “I want to say it back, but I just need to take this one step at a time.”

“I know babe, and you wouldn’t believe how happy I am just to be lying here next to you.” he replied.

“I’m happy too.” she replied leaning over to press her lips against his. “Very happy.” she murmured against his lips.

Brian kissed her back, his hand coming up to cup her face. A soft moan escaped past her lips as tongue softly traced her lower lip which she parted to give him access. He rolled them gently over so that she was led on her back and began to trail his finger tips over her bare torso.

“What so funny?” he asked as she began to giggle.

“Sorry, I’ve just realised that I’m still completely naked.” She replied.

“And that’s funny why?” Brian asked staring down at her with a puzzled look.

“I really don’t know.” she replied biting her lip as she looked back up at him.

“You’re a freak Jennings.” He murmured pressing his lips back to hers. “Would it help if I was completely naked too?”

“Maybe.” She whispered, laughing as he quickly rolled onto the bed next to her and removed his boxers before rolling back on top of her.

“And you call me a freak?” she laughed.

“Call her, say Mo- oh sorry, I um, sorry.”

“Who the fuck was that?” Brian asked as he turned to see the bedroom door slam shut.

“That was Rhian’s mom with our daughter.” Andie replied feeling herself blush.

“Oh I guess she wasn’t really expecting to see me here.” Brian replied.

“No. I better get up and explain and stuff.” She said with a sigh.

“Okay.” Brian replied kissing her lips before allowing her to get off the bed.

“Morning Hillary.” Andie said quietly as she walked into the kitchen where she was sat giving Abi her bottle.

“Oh morning sweetie.” She replied with a blush.

“Listen I’m um, sorry about just now…” she began nervously.

“No, I’m sorry, I should have knocked or something.” she replied.

“That’s okay, you weren’t to know.” She replied gently taking Abi into her arms. “Morning beautiful, mommy missed you last night.”

“She was good as gold. Slept all night.” She replied.

“Were you a good girl for Nanny Hillary?” Andie asked Abi who smiled back at her. “Thanks again for having her.”

“Anytime sweetie, I loved looking after her.” she replied as Brian walked into the kitchen.

“Morning. Sorry we haven’t met. I’m Brian.” he said offering Hillary a hand.

“So you’re Brian hey. Nice to meet you. I’m Hillary, Rhian’s mom.” She replied accepting his hand.

“Here, it was just ringing.” He said passing Andie her cell phone.

“Thanks. Shit, there’s like ten missed calls and five messages, all from Rhian.” She replied looking at her phone.

“Is she okay?” Hillary asked.

“Yeah, she’s just worried about where I am. I didn’t exactly tell her I was leaving.” She replied. “I better call her.”

“Here let me take Abi.” Brian said as she looked through her contacts for Rhian’s name.

“About bloody time!” Rhian yelled as soon as she answered the phone.

“I’m sorry Hun, I didn’t mean to worry you.” she replied.

“What the fuck happened to you?” she yelled.

“Come over later and I’ll explain.” She replied.

“Okay, see you in a little while.” She replied before hanging up.

“Right, well I’ll make a move then.” Hillary said as she finished her cup of coffee.

“Thank you so much for looking after Abi.” Andie said hugging her.

“Anytime sweetie, she’s a joy to look after.” She replied.

“I may just keep that in mind.” she replied with a smile.

“It was nice meeting you Brian.” she said as she passed him. “Take care of the both of them.” She added in a whisper.

“I will if she’ll let me.” Brian replied with a smile.

Andie blushed as she noticed Hillary wink at Brian and gently squeezed his arm.

“It doesn’t take you long to win someone over does it?” Andie asked with a smirk as she walked back into the kitchen after showing Hillary out.

“It’s the irresistible Haner charm.” He replied with a wink.

“Whatever.” She muttered with a roll of her eyes. “Would you like some breakfast?”

“Scrambled egg with bacon?” he asked.

“Sounds good to me, you know where everything is.” She replied taking Abi out of his arms. “I’ve got to get Abi dressed.”

“Lucky I love you.” he called after her as she walked out of the kitchen with a large smile on her face.

“So, once you’ve had the Spanish inquisition from Rhian do you want to come over to the house and start getting it ready for me to live in?” Brian asked as he took their empty breakfast dishes over to the sink.

“Yeah I don’t see why not.” She replied with a smile.

“Cool, I’ll come and pick you up later.” He replied. “I don’t want to leave so soon, but I don’t particularly want to be here when Rhian gets her.”

“Are you scared of her?” she asked with a laugh.

“No.” he defended with a hint of red creeping onto his cheeks.

“Aww, you’re blushing.” She teased. “You’re quite cute when you blush.”

“Cute? You can’t call me cute.” He replied grabbing a hand full of washing up bubbles as blowing them into her face.
“You’re such a child.” She laughed as she wiped the bubbles from her eyes, quickly leaning up to wipe them over his face.

Gazing into her eyes, Brian reached up to place his hands over hers and lowered his face to hers, gently kissing her lips.

“I’ll see you later.” He murmured softly against her lips as he pulled away. All Andie could do was nod in response as he turned to leave, quickly saying good bye to Abi before walking out of the front door.

Less than ten minutes later there was a knock at the front door. With Abi in her arms she walked over to open it.

“Why aren’t you using your keys?” Andie asked Rhian.

“I forgot them, but never mind about that now. What the hell happened to you last night?” she demanded closing the door behind her.

“I think you better sit down for this.” Andie stated as she walked over to the sofas.

Rhian sat down with a look of confusion on her face and waited for Andie to explain.

“Okay, so I went to the rest room and Val followed me and had a go at me, calling me a home wrecking whore.” She began.

“A what? I fucking warned her…” Rhian yelled stopping as Andie help up her hand.

“I was upset and ran from the bar crying. Brian followed me. he just sat on the floor with me, hugging me while I cried. I kissed him to say thank you and the next thing we were in a taxi back to here.” She explained.

“You fucked him?” Rhian yelled.

“Twice actually, and we would have probably gone for a third time this morning if you’re mom hadn’t walked in on us.” She replied feeling her cheeks redden.

“My mom caught you?” she yelled.

“Yeah, she went to bring Abi into me, obviously not knowing that Brian was with me, just as we were about to…well you know…” she said.

“Oh my God, my poor mom!” Rhian muttered.

“Oh come on, she’s seen worse. Just remember how she met Lee.” She replied with a giggle.

“That’s not the point here! The point is what the fuck’s going on between you and Brian? Yesterday you told me that you didn’t want to rush into things with him.” she replied.

“I know! I’ve spent half the night thinking about everything as I watched him sleep. I want to be with him Rhi. I’m falling for him, quickly and hard. This morning everything felt so perfect.” She said.

“Aww Hun I’m so happy for you.” Rhian replied.

“I am too.” she said with a smile. “We’re going over to the house later to start sorting it out so that he can actually start living there.”

“So that the three of you can start living there you mean.” Rhian said smugly.

“Eventually yeah, but not just yet. I still want to take things one step at a time, even if our steps haven’t actually been in time with each other.” She replied.

“You’ll get there sweetie. I know the three of you’ll be happy together.” she said.

“I hope so. Anyway how did the rest of your birthday go?” she asked.

“Well to be honest, we all kinda figured that you and Brian had gone off together when no one could get hold of either of you. That kinda pissed Val off so her and Matt ended up leaving and Lacey and Johnny left early too. So me Jimmy, Gena and Zack hung out for a while at the bar.” She explained.

“Oh Hun, I’m sorry I kinda ruined your night didn’t I?” she replied.

“No, not at all! If anyone did it was Val, but I had fun and actually there’s something I need to tell you.” she replied.

“Go on.” She replied intrigued.

“Jimmy’s asked me to move in with him officially and I’ve said yes.” she replied with a beaming smile.

“Oh my God, that’s brilliant news. I mean you’ve been near enough living with him anyway but still.” Andie said.

“I know, and this doesn’t mean that I’m going to be kicking you out of here. You can stay here until you feel ready to move in with Brian and then I’m just going to let it out anyway.” She replied.

“Thanks.” She replied.

“Well I’m not about to kick my best friend and her baby out onto the street am I?”

“We’re all grown up aren’t we?” Andie asked as Abi gave a small cry.

“Yes Hun, we are. It had to be done sometime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Of course it was Brian who went after her ;)
Thanks as always to all my lovely readers, more comments would be awesome :)

Also, if you haven't seen this already, me and Clemsongirl26 are hosting an Avenged writing contest Crime of Passion