Status: Newly started.

Not Impressed

004

The doors swung open to reveal a bunch of young people standing around, all wearing sweatshirts, t-shirts, and jeans. Obviously, these people had never been in a real meeting before. My heels made lots of noise as I crossed the polished marble floor, drawing everyone’s gaze to me. They all stared, silent, as I got into the room and the doors shut noisily behind me.

“I’m looking for a Casey Burgess,” I announced, glancing down at the little piece of paper I had received a few hours ago.”

“That’s me,” a girl with black hair said as she pulled herself out of some hideous ginger’s grasp. He looked at me with an odd expression and I turned my gaze to her.

She was average; she had a small frame, straight black hair, and dark eyes. She wore light wash flare jeans, black clunky shoes, and a Burton sweatshirt in bright blue.

“You must be Chelsea Sommers.” She held out her hand and I shook it, beaming. “Nice to meet you.”

I scoffed internally. Yeah, TMZ, I’m a no-name. Even this snowboarder chick I’ve never heard of knows who I am.

“Yeah, thanks. Nice to meet you too.”

She took in my outfit and smiled. “You’re a little over-dressed, don’t you think?”

I glared at her. “You’re a little under-dressed, don’t you think?”

“Chelsea, this isn’t a Hollywood meeting. I’m gonna teach you how to snowboard. It’s not just an activity, it’s a way of life.” She half-smiled apologetically. “And you’re gonna have to adopt it. That means losing the heels.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Now, come on. I have some people you should probably meet.” Casey took my forearm in her grasp and dragged me over to the little cluster of people she was with originally.

There were three guys waiting there. One had a black beanie with the Monster logo on it; straight blond hair peeked out from underneath it, framing his boyish face. His smile was huge, and his eyes crinkled.

Another was rather skinny, short brown hair on his head and a thin beard on his face. His eyes were gorgeous, dark and sparkly. He was drinking in my appearance, and I smiled at the look on his face. He didn’t seem to think I was overdressed.

The last one was the ugly ginger. He had a horse-like face: long, thin, and feminine. His bushy orange hair hung in curls, and it was at his shoulders or further. Casey slipped back into his arms.

“Chelsea, this is Louie,” she told me, pointing at the one in the beanie. He nodded and smiled. “This is Scotty.” She pointed at the one that was eyeing me. I waved, and he opened his mouth just to be cut off. “And this is my boyfriend, Shaun.”

“Hey, nice to meet you,” he said, putting out his hand. I took it and shook it quickly, pulling my hand away as soon as I could.

“It’s nice to meet you all.”

“So yeah, I think you should mingle with some of the people here. Get to know them – they will be your greatest resources when it comes to properly playing a snowboarder. I’ll teach you to ride and do as much as I can for you.”

An annoying techno song came out of nowhere, and I noticed she reached into a pocket of her sweatshirt and pulled out an iPhone. “Shit, Shaun, we gotta go. Photo shoot.”

He nodded and kissed her head.

“Listen, Chels, give me your number. I’ll text you about when our first lesson’ll be, okay?”

I nodded and entered it in her phone. “Thanks a lot, Casey.”

“No problem. Now mingle; it’s good for you. Scotty, you’re Mr. Popularity, help her out, huh?”

“Gladly,” he said with a smirk.

“Scott, that doesn’t mean fucking her.” Shaun smiled as he and Casey walked away.

I turned to the smirking Scotty and smiled. “So you want to show me around?”

My phone vibrated in my pocket as he answered. “Yeah, there’re some people I want you to meet.”

I checked it as he led me to another, larger cluster. party @ logans house, u comin?

My thoughts whizzed away, traveling directly to Logan Henderson’s wonderful house in LA. can’t, busy, sorry.

“Chelsea!”

Scotty’s shrill, northern-accented voice pierced through my daydream. I noticed I had stopped walking and I hurried to go catch up with him.

“These are my friends,” he announced proudly as I stood at his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am an updating fail.
Legit.
I am so sorry.
Permission to throw things at me granted.
Hope you liked this update; comment, lemme know.
I'll get the next one out soon, fo sho!