Holding On

Grilled Cheese

One of Anna’s favorite dinners that she hasn’t had in…Forever, ran through her mind and now she was craving it. She just didn’t know how she would make it.

Scanning around the kitchen she couldn’t use anything to make her hot, cheesy, breaded, sandwich. She found a pan, as she looked upon the stove, it was a gas stove. She turned the knob and nothing happened, no heat was coming on.

“Shit.” She cursed under her breath.

Jack doesn’t like when she cusses. She thought she heard him mutter once; ‘You look scary’ when she was having one of her moods. Or maybe it was because she was 12?Or in Jack’s upside down world; her head spun around and she spitted out pea soup. She would just make him deal with it.

She went over to the stove and set the pan down at the countertop, and thought about making a small fire on the stove. But if the house blew up in flames, Jack would kill her.

‘How am I going to make this?’

She thought to herself. She remembered ironing with the new iron Jack got for her for his work shirts, and one of those emergency power packs that she would plug it into. She wanted her grilled cheese and she was going to get it NOW.

She grabbed her ingredients and ran to get the ironing board then turned on the iron. If Johnny Depp can do it in ‘Benny & Joon’ so could she.

Once it was heated up, she slapped down a piece of bread, two slices of cheese and then another piece of bread and putting spread butter on top then took the iron and pressed against it. It hissed and smoke appeared as she took it off and dapped the corners till it was brown then flipped it and spread more butter and did the same thing. One down. She smiled, finding this so much fun and continued to make more.

Jack just walked through the font door when he ran into a room filled with smoke and the smell of something cooking. There’s no way she could cook in this house, there’s no electricity. He ran into the kitchen to find Anna making grilled cheese sandwiches with a steam iron, and the batter pack by her feet. She takes the iron off and blows the smoke from the iron then flopped the sandwich to the side with the other 10 sandwiches.

“What are you doing??”

Anna looks up with an innocent look on her face like a little girl getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar, “Making grilled cheese?”

“With that?” he points at the iron in her hand.

“Yes.”

Jack chuckles, rolling his eyes as he strolled over to open the kitchen back door. “You could at least open a few doors and windows so we don’t suffocate.”

Anna turned off the iron and unplugged it, grabbing a couple sandwiches and looked up at him. “Don’t judge me.” She bit into it then went outside.

Jack shacks his head then grabs a couple himself and followed her. “How’d you get so smart?” he asks with his mouth full.

“Benny & Joon.”

“Ah! Johnny! I should have known.”

Anna has a large crush on Johnny Depp, and Jack would tease her whenever he was brought up.

“Is it good?” She asks, as they sat down by the tree.

“Yeah it’s good. Cheesy.” He smirks.

Anna rolls her eyes before finishing her sandwiches and returned inside to clean up her mess. The house smelled like grilled cheese so Jack opened up all the windows to air it out. Anna wrapped up the remaining sandwiches and puts them in the ‘fridge’ (cooler) then turns back to Jack. He was just staring at her then snapped back in reality when she raised her eyebrow at him. Before she can ask him what made her daze out,

“How do you do that?” he asks,

“Do what?”

“Raise your eyebrow like that?”

“I’ve always done it. My Dad would always get mad at me whenever I do it. He can’t do it, so I guess I got it from my Mom.”

Jack struggles in raising his eyebrow but fails, “Screw that.” He waves his arm and walks out of the room.

“Keep practicing!” she yells after him.

“Pshh!” she heard him from the living room.

She laughs to herself, before putting the iron and ironing board away. She went upstairs and went to finish her homework for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just had grilled cheese and though of the movie 'Benny & Joon' (Obviously).

POST A COMMENT
MentalMasturbation
xx; Ignorance
Mckaela Haner
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
jokie
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire
Xxsk8tersrockXx
XahhaxRey
I Am Vengeance 6661
Pamela Pandemic
Musicislife89
ItEndsTonight
xXxpeebeejayxXx
Death_to_Roses
wolfprincess1995
lost.in.time
melmelzie
for_the_love_of_me
zipzapzach
HPfreak101
jokerislife
yoshballzonya
Fairy K
Haner's Harlot.
hopewillfall
Meres
LuvSick987
gymnstgril
IcRaVeVeNgEaNcE
SHYLA01
TwistedNaul;
skullgurl2007
Deltagrey
Beast In Repose
Neurotically.Yours
Avngd7XGirl
poisongirl24
Maim.The.Heart.
DefyGravity.
Jamie Glynn;
Emmelz Liebe
Meganator
KrisScoggins