I Could Die for You

Chapter 1

My posters look weird in the dark.

I think that was my first clear thought, insomnia has never been something unusual to me even though I can’t think straight when I force myself to sleep.
I could see Gerard staring at me, Alice Cooper with his black make up dripping from his eyes and mouth, James Hetfield playing guitar at some stage somewhere and Hayley Williams shouting something, frozen in a picture for Kerrang.
The time was 02.48 and I sat up in my bed. I switched on my lamp on the desk.
I found my slippers under my bed and saw Anthony glancing at me from my wardrobe, a picture from the Dazed and Confused Magazine.
Good idea, I should wake him up and ask if he wants coffee or tea or a sandwich or something else, have to stay awake for almost three more hours.
I stepped out in the hall, had a glass of water and continued to Anthony’s bedroom.
He was deeply asleep, probably dreaming too and it would be a shame to wake him up, but I couldn’t resist it.
I sat on his bed, near his knees. I couldn’t see his face; it was hidden beneath his brown hair.
– Anthony… wake up, will you?
I think he moaned.
– Ummm… Can’t sleep?
A pair of beautiful brown eyes, shining in the dark, suddenly watched me.
– You know I can’t. Sorry I woke you up.
– I actually told you to come to me when you can’t sleep, right? When are you off to school?
– My alarm clock starts screaming at six and I leave the house at seven thirty.
– Right… Wanna do something? Any home works for today I can help you with?
His voice was warm and caring, and for the millionth time I wondered what I’ve done to deserve this.
I lied down besides him under his quilt.
– No, I’ll just tell the teacher I forgot it at home.
– My god, you’ve got cold feet, Anthony said and held me in his arms. I rested my forehead against his bare chest and I felt tired and sleepy. Finally!
– You’re falling into sleep, aren’t you? Anthony said, sounding amused.
– Damn it, you got me, I murmured.
Everything felt hazy, and I passed out.
Haven’t slept for a week, can’t blame me for being sleepy.