Status: Working on it.

Bringing In Light

VII

I look at Trey as I eat my doughnut. She glances at me quickly, but then looks at her Ramen noodles as she eats them. I smile, sliding closer to her. She leans away from me, then puts her fork in her mouth and chews her food. I touch her hair and grin, knowing I'm freaking her out.
"What are you doing?" She screams and stands up suddenly.
I look around the food court and spot Short Stack staring at us. I breathe in deeply. It's been a whole week since I started texting Andy, but I stopped since I got a job, and jobs make you tired. Why doesn't everything come with a manual?
I look down and blush sensing that he was staring at me. I nudge Cassidy softly and nod my head in their direction. She looks over at them and then looks down as well, knowing that she hasn't been texting Shaun either. I look over to Jezzmyn and eat another bite of my doughnut. She raises an eyebrow and flicks me off. I roll my eyes and start whispering something about PMSing.
I yawn and look up, glancing at Andy again. He was wearing skinny jeans, his leather jacket, and, to make him look even more suspicious, black sunglasses. He catches me looking at smiles at me. I smile back and reach in my bag and pull out my nerd glasses that I wore last Halloween and put them on holding back a laugh. He laughs then looks away. I sigh and look at Cass.
"Should we go over there? I mean, we haven't talked to them in a week..." I look at Jezzy and tilt my head. "Didn't she get Bradie's phone number?" I whisper in her ear and giggle, grinning at Jezzy, which makes her mad. I sigh and shrug my shoulders. "I am totally not going over there without you, so really, it's up to you, little coconut," I say to Cass again and take out my phone as I feel it vibrate.
Who's that girl with you, cutie? I read. I suck in my breath to keep from screaming. He just called me a cutie!
Meh, Trey's not that... special. She gets freaked out when you stare at her for a long time. What a boring person! I hit the send button as soon as I knew that Trey wasn't looking, since someone likes looking at someone else text.
"Hey, Izzy?" Trey asks. I look at her quickly, my heart quickening, thinking that she read my text. "Doesn't that guy look weird? Actually, I think all of his friends look a little suspicious."
I sigh and smile at her. "What? Guys in skinny jeans can't be bikers now-a-days?" I ask and roll my eyes dramatically.
I see Cass get up, and I do to, knowing that she made up her mind to go over to them. "Oh my God. Are you going to ask them what they're doing here?!" Trey asks, panicked.
I smile and nod. "Duh, I mean why not?" I roll my eyes again and push Cass towards them.
As we walk closer, Shaun, Bradie, and Andy look up and smile. I sit by Andy and smile. You're acting like a fan girl, Izzy! Stop it! No famous guy wants to date a fan girl! I criticize myself and look down. Cassidy smiles at Shaun and hugs him, making me smile.
"They're a cute couple, huh?" Andy asks and laughs with Bradie and me as Shaun hits him on the back of his head.
Cassidy blushes and sits next to Shaun and Andy. "So, how have you guys been?" she asks. She's been quiet ever since we even came in the food court, so it was nice hearing her voice again. I think she was thinking about something big, but I just didn't know what. Oh my God! She's going to move out! No, she's going to move to another state! Country! Continent! No, no, no, Izzy. You're just over-reacting. She's not going to move just yet. She may when she gets married to Shaun, but not at the moment. Now, quit thinking to yourself. Sit by Cassidy!
I get up and push Andy to the left, making him scoot over so I can sit by Cassidy. I grab her hand and whisper in her ear, "You're gonna get married to Shaun! Can I be the maid-of-honor?" I smile as Shaun puts his arm around her neck, without knowing what we were talking about.
Food? 10 dollars.
Tickets to see Short Stack? Costs a lot more.
Her face at that moment? Priceless.
Andy starts laughing. "Why is she blushing so much?" Andy asks.
Shaun rolls his eyes. "That's because I'm sexy, unlike some blond guy I know," Shaun says and looks at Bradie. "Buy me food."
My mouth drops as Cassidy's does. I know she's thinking the same thing I am: Jezzmyn buys our food too! They're a perfect couple!
Andy sighs. "Jumpnow isn't blond, Shaun," Andy says and shakes his head. "Some people are heaps dumb."
I laugh and nod my head. "Don't worry; it's normal. Sometimes, the blond one is the smartest..." I look at Bradie. "But he might be smarter. I don't know."
Cassidy laughs and says, "I wonder if Jezzy's going to come over and sit with us."
"I doubt it, little squirrel. Trey would be pissed if she came over here. I mean, she would be like the Hulk. Not pissed. Pissed doesn't compare to it," I say to her and smile.
"Is Trey the girl?" Shaun asks.
Cass nods. "No, she's not. Trey is at the house. That's just some hooker we found on the streets."
I smile at her. This week was different. I, myself, have barely been talking since I've been sleeping so much at the house after work. Jezzy wants to go to college, Trey wants to get her band up and started again, and Cassidy's just been quiet. The house is usually blasting music, or dead silent, with no one talking to each other at all. Jezzy would've been yelling, but she's been studying so much, and that was making me depressed a little. I look down and then lean on Cassidy as an instinct.
Everyone looks at me and I glance up. "I'm sad. Someone make me happy, please," I whisper and hug Cassidy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know where I'm going with this, but at least I updated. I am so sorry for the wait. I just didn't feel motivated because people don't really comment on my chapters. Anyway, I hope it was at least worth reading a little.