Fate (An A7X Story)

Chapter One

"C'mon, Matt, when are we gonna be there?" I asked impatiently.

"Zack, chill. We'll be there in less than half a mile." Matt said, laughing at me.

"Ok. Good." I said sitting back down.

"Zacky, look." Jimmy called.

I looked over at him. He was teasingly eating the last candy bar, and Brian was in the passenger seat laughing.

"Fuck you guys!" I hissed. Jimmy joined in on the laughter.

"Should I wake up Johnny and Val?" I wondered.

"Why? I don't think Johnny's hungry, he ate four hamburgers at the last stop. Val needs her sleep, she's been driving most of this trip." Brian said.

"Ok, we're here." Matt called to me. "Hurry the fuck up dude, we have 4 days to get to
Florida."
\
"I'm only gonna be a minute." I said, getting off the bus. I walked into the gas station, rushing to the candy aisle. I grabbed a Twix, and then went to get a Redbull.

"$4.34." The clerk announced in a daze.

I couldn't understand what was wrong with this kid. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost of some kind. Not wanting to wait as he counted my change back to me, I handed him a five.

"Keep the change."

I got back on the bus, feeling relieved.

"A Twix and a Redbull? That's what we stopped for?" Brian sounded annoyed.

"So." I said, opening my Twix and taking a bite.

We were headed to Florida for a show. We were playing with My Chemical Romance, and some little bands I didn't know. Being on the road was cool, but being on the road with my closest friends, that was even better. I took another bite of my Twix, as I noticed we started slowing down.

"What's that?!" Brian asked.

"A Twix, dip shit!" I laughed.

"No. In the middle of the road." Matt replied.

I got up and stood in between their seats. It looked like a girl, trying to crawl. "I think it's a girl." I whispered the obvious.

"She must've been in that crash." Jimmy pointed from beside me.

Matt eased on the brakes. We were going to stop.

I saw the car: It was an SUV. The front of it was caved in like a bulldozer hit it, as was the driver side, so bad, that I couldn't see inside. It was pretty damaged, I'm surprised there was a survivor. Someone obviously hit them; but there was no other cars around. The amount of blood that was surrounding the girl, it was hard to believe she was even moving.

Matt opened the bus doors. "Come on, we're gonna check it out." We all got out, Johnny too, now that he was awake.

"What's going on?!" Val shouted, walking off of the bus.

"Go back on the bus, you don't wanna see this." Matt warned.

"Oh my god!" She gasped. I guessed she already saw.

Jimmy ran to the girl. "She's alive!" He yelled, examining her closely. "And bleeding pretty badly...she's covered in blood."

The girl was trying to speak as she gripped Jimmy's arm, but she couldn't, her body laid still as
her eyes shut.

"Johnny, help Jim put her on the bus!" Matt commanded, as Johnny hurried to help.

Matt and I went to view the front of the car. It felt wrong to be there, but I couldn't turn away.

"It looks fucked up." Matt shook his head, full of doubt. "She couldn't of survived this, not being the driver."

"She wasn't the driver." Brian called. "She was in the back. Come here."

I followed Matt to Brian, who was on the passenger side, door open. I couldn't believe what I saw. A man and woman laying there...lifeless. There was so much blood, it looked like a scene from a horror movie.

"Oh, shit." I whispered. "Are there IDs?" I poked around inside the car and found a purse by the lady, and a backpack that must have been the girls'. The front side of me, and my hands, were covered in blood.

Matt was on the drivers' side. "I can't get in over here." I looked by the man and found a
wallet wedged in between the car and the dash. I tossed it to Matt.

He opened it. "George Wilkins, 35."

"Uh...Stacey Wilkins, 33." I stated, looking at the woman's ID.

"Shit!" Brian sighed.

"What?" Matt and I asked in unison.

"Anna Wilkins...age 17." He grumbled in frustration, showing us.
She was cute, a little too young, but very cute. It was taken at least two years ago, so I'm sure her appearance was different now. It was hard to tell, though, when she looked like that girl from 'Carrie', when those kids poured pig's blood on her.

"Let's call 911 and bolt. They can take care of her." Brian suggested, acting paranoid as he looked around.

"We can't just leave her here. Besides, Val's cleaning her up." Jimmy said, walking up to us. He was all washed off, and in clean clothes, so Johnny must be clean too.

"We can't take her!" Brian huffed.

"Jimmy's right. We'll have to take her until she wakes up." Matt agreed.

I grabbed the bag from Brian. "Thank you, Mr. Haner."

He snorted. I wasn't sure why he was so pissed about this situation, but I didn't really care either.

We got back on the bus, sitting in silence, waiting for Val to come out of the bunks.

"I cleaned her up as good as I could, she didn't notice me at all. I think she has a broken wrist, and some fractured ribs, but I'm not sure. What I am sure of, is that she's lucky to be alive. She's wearing some of my things." Val stated sadly.

"Come here, babe." Matt patted his lap. Val sat down.

"She's going to ache a lot." Jimmy told no one. I was pretty sure he was right.

"What's in the bag?" Val pointed at my hands.

"Oh. Umm...." I started to unzip it. "A brush, a straightener, hygiene stuff, a diary," I threw the diary to Val, shrugging. "you're a girl. There might be something important in there." I went back to snooping through the bag. "Make-up, a My Chemical Romance wallet. Huh. A Deathbat shirt." I pulled it out so they could see.

"Avenged Sevenfold. I'll be damned." Brian grabbed it. "She likes us?" He sounded surprised.

"Or just the Deathbat." Jimmy said.

"Listen to this." Val got our attention. "'August 19th. This is my new and clean journal.'" Val read. "'Besides this, my mom and dad are all I have. I have no other family, my parents are both only children and my grandparents are all gone. Here we go. (deep breath) My name is Anna Marie Wilkins. I was born on October 31st.'"
Val looked up, amazed. "A Halloween baby?" She kept reading."'I know, Halloween. Ain't that cool? (giggles) Anywho, I'm hoping to get my belly button pierced when I get home. I'll write later; have to go pay for gas and get a Rockstar. Rockstar, Wooooo!'"

"Maybe she has someone else she can go to...a friend she didn't mention." I whispered.

"Maybe. You should go clean up, Zack."

I nodded and headed for the bathroom.

"We'll just have to wait and see." I heard Johnny speak for the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really nervous about writing!!! Comments?