Status: Active.

Finders Keepers

So Bittersweet, By Our Design

I woke up at like 7 in the morning. After I had breakfast and all stuff, I changed my PJ’s into something comfortable for me to get dirty: an old t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I tied my hair in a pony hair and clipped back my fringe. I grabbed my iPod, plugged in the earphones, and hit play. She’s So Lovely by Scouting For Girls started to play. I shoved the iPod into my pocket. After that, I opened the paint cans lids, grabbed the roll to paint walls.

I only had to paint 2 walls and decorate 6 walls.

Well, this should be fun.

I painted the walls in the back corner black. Fully black.

Now for the fun part.

I dipped a brush into the orange and started splatting on the black walls. I did the same thing with the different colours without using the grey one, over and over again.

I was done with the 2 walls at about 9. By that time, Alex had woken up.

“Hey, need some help here?” he asked as he went inside. “Wow. I like the walls, Pen,” he mentioned my nickname as he was staring at the walls I just painted.

I laughed. “This is just a part, Ale. I’ll make you even more amazed. Now, get out so I can get back to work.”

He laughed. “Sure you don’t need a hand?”

“Positive.”

“Alright,” he chuckled and walked out of my room.

I stared at the plain 4 walls, thinking. And then I walked into my still empty closet and an idea popped into my head. I grabbed the green can and started painting the closet walls.

“Alex, do you have a tall ladder?” I asked loudly outside my room after I was done.

“Yeah, I’ll bring it up for you,” he answered and a few minutes later he handed me the tall ladder. “Strong enough?”

“More than you think,” I grinned and walked back into the closet.

Grabbing the grey can and even a smaller brush, I started drawing the closet ceiling. It was a bit hard because I had to have my head looking up all the time. It was hot in the closet so I was sweating. I didn’t turn on the electric fan that was on the ceiling; I didn’t want my hair to be sucked and got my head spinning by it.

I hopped down the ladder and admired the work I did on the ceiling. Nice.

And then my stomach grumbled. I glanced at my watch and it was 11 already. Man, working on the ceiling took me a lot of time.

I ran downstairs and went to the kitchen after deciding to make a grilled cheese. After cooking, I quickly finished it up and ran back upstairs.

I thought again as I was staring at the 4 walls I still hadn’t done anything with. I finally got an idea, but I must finish arranging my room if I wanted to do the idea.

I sighed and stared at the huge boxes surrounding me. The only thing that was already outside a box was my bed mattress.

So I decided to go back downstairs and found my brother with his friends in the backyard.

“What’s up, Pen?” Kara asked as I plopped down next to her.

“I need to arrange my room to finish painting,” I pouted.

“Let me guess: you enjoy painting walls more than arranging rooms?”

“Exactly.”

She laughed. “Maybe the boys can help.”

I shook my head. “I want them to be amazed when they see my finished room. Alex had seen a tiny part of it this morning, and he was amazed already. If I ask them to help me, they won’t be really amazed ‘cause they’ll have the spoiler already.”

“Hmm, true that. But giving a spoiler to one person don’t hurt, right?”

I thought for a moment. She was right. Also I didn’t want to kill my body because of pushing heavy loads of furniture!

“I’ll ask Zack for help,” I said enthusiastically. “Johnny Bravo!” I shouted. The 4 boys turned their heads to me, but only one of them approached me. “Could you help me arranging my room? It may only take an hour or two, I promise.”

He thought for a moment. “What do I get in return?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. What do you want?”

“Don’t make him think of something perverted, Penny,” Kara butted in, making Zack and I laughed.

“I don’t want anything for now,” Zack finally answered.

“Yay! Help me out now then,” I said, grabbing his wrist and pulled him to my room.

He helped me arranging my rooms, arranged enough for me to continue working. The only furniture that was arranged already was the bed, drawers, nightstand, desk, chair, and bookshelf.

“Are you sure? You seem to have more things in the boxes,” he said, pointing at the pile of boxes in the corner of the room.

“Yep. Those are the small things anyway. You can go back goofing around downstairs now. Thanks a lot for helping.”

He laughed. “Alright. See you later.” And with that, he walked back downstairs.

I cracked my knuckles and started to work on my magic again.

I drew city buildings and a sky scraper with grey on the wall that had the door to the hallway and used yellow for the windows. Glad the side of the door had the same color with the wall, so I drew on that door too.

And then I moved to the left wall; the wall that connected to the closet. I started drawing black swirls, first with a medium-sized brush. And then I took out a smaller brush and continued drawing the swirls all over the wall. After that I took out the smallest brush and dotted along some swirls with red, and drew some small flowers with the same color.

After I was done, I moved to the wall that had the door that connected to the bathroom. After thinking for a while, I decided to paint the whole wall black; including the door. I took out the medium brush, dipped it into green and started making lines. I kept making lines until it looked like a firework from a distance. And then between the green lines I lined some yellow. I did the same thing twice; for the second firework I used yellow and orange, and for the third one I used red and orange.

I decided to leave the other wall with the sliding door like that: plain. Who knows I might need to put up pictures and paintings?

And then I finished up arranging my room. Putting books into the bookshelf, putting clothes into the closet, and yada yada yada.

After I was fully done, I stared at my room.

Wow, it was amazing! I really, really liked it. Although my room in Essex had a hint of art and creativity, it wasn’t this good.

Oh god, I couldn’t wait to show this to the others.

But first: shower.

Hadn’t had any shower for the whole day. Today, I reek.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is the map of their house.

I actually started to be content (near to not like, actually) about ATL again for a couple months, but then my bestfriend Mathieu told me to see the Straight To DVD trailer and I had a good laugh. he told me to see Dear Maria Straight To DVD and I fell in love with them again.

ATL, I sure will see you on August.

and Zack, stop being so fucking cute.