Heaven Help Us

I'm Okay. Trust Me

The alarm rang. I woke up in pain. I reached to my bedside cupboard were I keep my pain killers so I could get a bit off relief. I got out of bed and straight to the wardrobe. Avoiding the mirror as much as possible. I don’t know why I tried to avoid it. I knew what I would look like. I guess I just didn’t want to see the mess he left me like. I got dressed into my black skinny jeans, my favourite black and green top and my misfits hoody. I then put on my make up, covering up the bruises and scars. I drew my black eyeliner on heavily and dusted my eye lids with red eye shadow. I guess it was an improvement. I slipped on my black worn out converse and made my way down the stairs. I got my bag and left through the back down. I caught a glimpse of myself in the car window and fixed my black choppy fringe of my eyes so they wouldn’t look as swollen.

As I walked my normal route to school, as usual there was a group of jerks and there preppy cheerleaders hanging about at the corner. I pulled my hood over my head, switched on my ipod and looked at the ground as I walked past them. I thought I was safe when I finally got past after a bit of pushing and trying to trip me up, when all of a sudden ‘Whack!’ I flew to the ground, my ipod shuttling across the pavement and my messenger bag slamming to the ground.

“Next time I ask you something you better fucking answer!” shouted one of them.

I just grabbed my stuff and kept walking.

“Oi! Answer me you fucker!” yelled the same girl. “I asked you a fucking question! What the hell is your problem you freak-tard?!”

“Hey! Leave her alone!” shouted a voice.

“Oh look. Another one of them kind! But this has a fucking mouth!”

“Just piss off would you?!”
The preps finally gave up and walked away, giving fingers and slagging some more as they left.

“You ok?”

I looked up and all I could do was nod. He was gorgeous. He had beautiful eyes, his longish black hair partly covering them. I just stood there staring at the ground.

“Good, oh and I’m Gerard.” He said smiling and shaking my hand.

“Thanks. I’m scarlet.” I just smiled, “Sorry..but..I..um…I have to go!” I stuttered before running on to school.

When I arrived at school I was running a bit late, so I went straight to my locker, got what I needed and headed straight to registration. As I took my seat I noticed a new guy sitting beside me. He seemed to be into the same kind of style that I’m into. He had amazing hair. Most of it was longish and black, but the left side was short and bleached blonde. Strange, but very amazing. He had black and red eyeliner around his huge hazel eyes. He was wearing a misfits tee shirt, black skinny jeans, a plain black hoody, a pink studded belt and converse. He looked like a male version of myself. I giggled at that thought. A little to loud, because he lifted his head and smiled at me, giggling a little.

“So you like misfits?” he asked breaking me from my trance.

“Yeah. They’re one of my favourite bands.”

“Sweet, mine too,” he replied, “Oh and I’m frank,” he smiled again.

“Hi, I’m scarlet.”

“Sweet name.”

“Thanks.” I blushed. OMG I blushed.

He continued writing some sort of poem or something in his notebook. Then there was a knock at the door and a tall skinny guy appeared. He had longish, brown hair and he was wearing thick rimmed glasses. He also seemed to have the same kind of style as me as frank. It would have been quite strange if he also had been wearing a misfits top or something, but instead he was wearing an anthrax tee shirt, skinnies and converse. He gazed around the classroom, looking quite lost, but then settled his gaze on frank. Then as usual the preps had something smart to say.

“Oh great, look another one of them freak-tards. There better be no one joining this class. Fuck I’ll start slitting my wrists too!”

The teacher interrupted saying,

“I take it your Michael Way, please take a seat.”

But instead he slammed the door and left down the corridor. I felt awful s I got up and ran out after him. I found him a bit further down the corridor at a row of a few lockers.

“Um, Michael?”

“It’s mikey,” he mumbled. Wiping away the tears from his cheeks. “does everyone here act like that?” he asked.

“Yeah, they’re all stuck up jerks. Try to ignore them. I’ve had to ignore them all since day one.”

“Yeah, I guess. I was hoping that here would have been a bit different from my old school, but I guess every school has them.” he added.

“Yeah, sad isn’t it. Oh and I’m scarlet.” I said.

“Cool name.”

“Thanks,” I said smiling. He let out a tiny smile, but it was still lovely.

“At least you got yourself a new friend.” I smiled back,

“Well that is if you want a new friend?”

All of a sudden Mikey jumped up and grabbed me into a tight hug.

“I’d love to be your new friend.” he smiled blushing slightly. “And sorry for the big reaction. I get excited quite easily.” he giggled. “You really need to meet the other guys. They’re going to absolutely love you!” he smiled even more.

But there was one thing annoying me at that moment in time. I had seen that smile. That amazing smile I had seen before, but I couldn’t think were. He broke my trance by saying,

“Franks in your class, he was sitting beside you today.”

“Yeah, I was talking to him. He’s pretty cool.” I said.

“He’s my best friend, I’ve known him forever.” he smiled more. “But, hey you really have to meet the other guys.” he added.

“So umm what classes you have next?” I asked him.

“Here you can have a peek.” he giggled.

“AWESOME! We nearly got all the same classes.” I squealed.

“YAY!” Mikey grabbed me in his arms again.

Then suddenly bell for next class rang and Mikey grabbed me by the hand and tugged me along to lab.

It was the best fun I had had in ages. Mikey made me laugh like never before, or of that which I can remember. Mikey is so stupid, in a great, funny way. I laughed so hard at one point that I couldn’t breathe.

“Mikey I cant breathe. I cant fucking breathe!” I screamed..

“OMG OMG OMG! Don’t die scarlet pleeeaasee!” he cried while dropping everything he had in his hands, test tubes and all went flying across the room, while he tried to resuscitate me.

“You ok now!” he checked me for the 5000678th time.

“Yes, mikes, I’m okay, trust me!” I laughed.

We got yelled at for messing around, but nothing could ruin the fun. The break bell rang and Mikey happily skipped me outside hand in hand. We made our way to a group of four boys who were discussing some sort of game.

“Hey guys!” shouted Mikey.