Heaven Help Us

You Can Keep My Friends!

“Wanna meet my new BEST friend!” he asked happily while trying to hide me behind his back.

“Now Mikey, we would really love to meet your new rock friend, but what would all the other rocks say?” sniggered the guy with the big hair.

“Haha, how very NOT funny guys, but yeah ANYWAY! This is ….”

“Scarlet.” said a voice, that I definitely recognised from before.

“Gerard, why do you always ruin the surprises!” whinged Mikey, “And how the hell did you know her name? Are you a psychic? OMG Gerard, your scaring me now!” screamed Mikey.

“No Mikey, I’m not a psychic,” laughed Gerard, “We meet earlier on the way to school.” he continued. “Are you ok now?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I’m used to it now. And anyway I have Mikey looking after me.” I smiled and giggled.

“Ooohhh Mikey’s blushing.” laughed frank, joined by the rest. Then the end of break bell rang.

“What you got now Mikey?” I asked.

“Ummm, workshop” he frowned, I guess he doesn’t like workshop.

“Well I’ve got art. Do you want me to walk you over?”

“No its ok. Bobs in my class.”

“Okie dokies, and hi bob.”

“Hey.” and that’s all I got out of him. Then a sudden burst hit my in the ear.

“Hiya, I’m ray” chirped up the guy with the big hair, who grabbed me into a hug.

“Hi ray!” I laughed “Nice to meet you!”

The second bell then rang so we all spilt to go to our classes. After about 506968 hugs from Mikey Gerard grabbed my hand and trailed me of back into the building.

“I guess you got art to then, “I smiled, “ Oh, and thanks for this morning.”

“Yep, arts the only reason I’m actually going back to school, and no problem.” he said smiling.

Wow I really love that smile. And OMG, that’s were I had seen Mikey’s smile before. Him and Gerard must be brothers. Cool.

“So tell me a bit about yourself,” he said later that class.

“Well, there’s nothing to interesting, I love art and music, I play guitar, but I’d rather sing. Umm, I’ve lived here most of my life, and umm, I look like this.” I laughed, “Yeah, I’d say that covers it. What bout you?” I asked.

“Ummm. Well. I grew up a bit from here. didn’t have too many friends so I didn’t mind leaving. I knew bob and ray, and frank had moved just a few weeks before us. Umm. Oh yeah, me and the guys are in a band. Nothing to special, just something for us to do and have some fun.!” he smiled.

“Sweet, so what’s your band like then?” I asked.

“Well were called My Chemical Romance, Mikey got us our name from a book where he works. Were kind of a mix of genres, but our main influences would be misfits, maiden, that kind of shit he laughed. “I‘m vocals, franks rhythmic guitar and backing vocals, Mikey’s bass, ray is lead and backing vocals and bob is drums.”

“That sounds pretty awesome! I‘d love to hear you guys some time!” I smiled.

“Well..we are having a practise after school today at mine and Mikey’s. I’m sure the others wouldn’t mind you joining. It‘ll be fun hanging out with our new best friend. And Mikey will be over the moon. You can paint each others nails and do each others hair.” he giggled in a girly voice.

“Leave him alone“ I laughed, playfully punching him on the arm.

“Or what?” he winked teasing me.

“Oh, you really don’t want to know!” I laughed swiping my paintbrush right across his face.

“Oh no you didn’t!” he shrieked while running after me and chasing me around the art room.

By the end of class we were both covered in multi coloured stripes and due a lunch time detention.

“So you going to come over after school?” asked Gerard after we got out of detention.

“Yeah, sure. I would do anything to avoid going home.” I had said that without realising. Gerard looked concerned.

“Scarlet, is there something wrong at home?”

“Um.. Can we talk about it later?”

“Yeah. Ok.” he said while stroking my forehead, “But remember, me and the guys will always be----..”

“OUCH!” I yelled in pain.

“Shit! Sorry, are you okay, what did I do?” panicked Gerard.

“Its ok, you just touched my eye.” I replied looking down at the ground.

“I’m so sorry scarlet, I really am, but OMG. Scar why is your eye bruised?” he asked me in concern.

“I told you I’d tell you later.” I said before running on to class.

Last class past longer than it usually did. Somehow Mikey seem to know I was upset about something so he just left me, apart from occasionally asking if I was ok.

When last bell rang, Mikey helped me pack my stuff and he took me by the hand and walked me out of school over to bob’s car. When Gerard saw me he came running and grabbed me and hugged the life out of me.

“I’m so sorry.” he whispered in my ear.

“Its ok. It was an accident, I shouldn’t have ran off. I’m sorry. I’ll explain everything later ok?” I whispered back.

We all got into bob’s car and we made our way to Gerard and Mikey’s house. .