Everyone Loves an Underdog!

Chapter Eleven; & Here’s my Summer, Made.

“wiL, you guys are amazing!” Red said, grinning at him, Frank’s arm over her shoulder.
“Hey, thanks!” He said, smiling.
“Hot dayum, these shorts are so comfy!” Jake (D) said to Tahnee, grinning. “You should try them on…”
“Tahnee, lets go… Get take-out.” George said quickly, taking her shoulders & steering her from the room.
Angel & Nick were sitting on the couch, writing.
Taylor & Jake were doing other things, making sure to stay on opposite sides of the room.
Chrissy & Andy where nowhere to be found.
“So, what are you doing this summer?” Frank asked Sharnee while wiL & Red kept talking about the band.
“We all stay here, the five of us. Just for practices and stuff. I’m their manager, really. I just try and find them gigs. What about you? Red? Everyone?”
“I’m off to the mountains, Red’s going to the beach, Tahnee & Andy’s parents are letting them bring George & Chrissy off to wherever... I think Taylor’s staying here.”
“Is she?” wiL said, who had been listening. “Maybe she can help you, Sharnee. Advertise or something.”
“Yeah. Hey Taylor…” She said, moving over to her.
“So, when are you leaving?” wiL asked Red & Frank.
“I’m gone in like, three days, & Frank’s going in a week… I think George, Tahnee, Andy, & Chrissy are off in a week and a half.”
“Oh,” wiL said. “Too bad you’ll miss stuff… But whatever…”
“So, you think you can help me out?” Sharnee was asking Taylor across the room.
“Yeah, sure!” Taylor said, grinning.
“Awesome! Maybe you can advertise, make shirts…?”
“Of course!” Taylor said. She was stoked. She loved Aiden’s music, & the guys were awesome. This was perfect.
“So why don’t you just talk to him?”
“Who, Jake?”
“Yeah,” Sharnee said “He-“
“EW! FUCK!” The door burst open & Tahnee & George ran in, looking like they had seen a ghost.
“Chrissy and Andy… They… They were…” Tahnee choked out.
“They were fucking in the car!” George finished, retching.
“So?” Angel said, shrugging. “I don’t give a fuck, go get the takeout!”
Muttering angrily, they left.
“Okay everyone, out!” Someone called from upstairs.
“Sorry guys, you’d better go…” Jake said, & Nick & Angel packed away their guitars.
A few minutes later, everyone had decided to walk home, because George & Tahnee were gone & Andy & Chrissy might still be in his car, & no one wanted to take the chance of opening it.
So, Red, Frank, Nick, and Angel walked one way; While Taylor, Jake D, Sharnee, wiL, and Jake walked the other way.
“Why is Jake here?” Taylor asked Jake (D), as they walked behind the rest of the group.
“Oh, he always walks home with us. Just to get out of the house a bit.” He said, flipping his drumsticks between his fingers. “But usually he walks with the other group… Wonder what changed that…” Then he gave her the infamous ‘winkwinknudgenudge’.
“Shut up!” She said, smiling.
“Shit, its cold.” He said hugging himself.
“That’s because its 10 pm, & you’re still only in booty shorts.” She said, laughing.
“Maybe… No… You, be quiet!”
“Hey, this is us.” wiL said, looking back at them. “See you!”
“Bye!” Sharnee said, going to her house, next to wiL’s.
“Where do you live?” Taylor asked Jake (D), as they hurried to catch up with the other Jake.
“I’m a couple more blocks. What about you?”
“I’m between the harbor and downtown.”
“Shit, that’s a long walk…” Jake (D) said, cringing.
They walked the rest of the way in silence, & finally Jake (D) said, “Mmkay, bye guys…” And broke off into a driveway.
“You can go back if you want.” Taylor said quietly, as they started walking again.
“No, I’ll walk with you.”
“You know I live down by the harbor, right?”
“I know.” He said quietly.
“So how long has Aiden been around for?” Taylor asked.
“About a year and a half now.” He replied.
Taylor couldn’t think of anything else to ask, so she just kept her mouth shut & kept walking.