Everyone Loves an Underdog!

Chapter Ten; The Next Band that Would Change My L

Chrissy sighed as someone in the back of the car shouted ‘turn it up!’ for what seemed like the 100th time. “This is the last time!” She said, & turned the volume up a tiny bit.
“Awe, fine…” Red said, & Frank laughed.
It was 10 to seven, & they were on the way to wiL’s bands practice, at some guy named Jake’s place. Taylor, George, & Tahnee were in front in George’s car.
“Turn right here…” Chrissy said, looking at wiL’s map on her lap. “Stop!” She said quickly, & Andy stopped the car at the house on the corner. “Here we are.” Chrissy said, opening her door.
They all spilled out on the lawn of a nice, well-kept, green two-story house.
They met up with the others, & they moved up the walkway to the door.
“Hey, guys! We’re in here!” They all turned to see Sharnee leaning out the garage door, smiling at them.
They ran up to her, and she let them in the garage.
Inside, a small platform in the centre was set up with a microphone & a drum kit. A bass and a guitar were against the wall, & another guitar was on a stand.
Tahnee laughed, seeing that the drum kit said ‘I heart ass’, & the amp said ‘Burn your friends’ in dayglow tape.
Sharnee opened a door to the side & shouted; “Hey guys, come down! They’re here!” Up the stairs.
There was a thunder of footsteps, & wiL burst through the door just as Sharnee moved. “Hey, guys!”
After more pounding of shoes on thin carpet, three boys came out from the door.
“Okay, you three; These are Chrissy, Andy, Frank, Red, George, Tahnee, & Taylor.” wiL said, pointing to each in turn.
“Hey, I’m Angel.” Said the first guy. He had dark eyes, circled with dark eyeliner, & a black faux hawk. He was clad in a black Silverstein tee, black jeans, & black-and-white checkered Vans slip-ons.
“I’m Nick.” Said the next one, sticking his head up over Angel’s shoulder. His faux hawk was neon red with black around it, & his brown eyes were shrouded in eyeliner.
“I be Jake.” Said the third one, moving out from behind Angel & Nick. He looked as though he was attempting to grow sideburns, not easy for a 15-year-old. His very long, black bangs covered his left eye, and the right was shadowed with liner. He was wearing… Booty shorts. & that was it, save for the word ‘fuck’ written across his bare chest in red. “Stop staring…” He said quietly, as everyone looked at him. “I’m serious, stop it!” He said, pulling a set of drumsticks out from behind his back. Everyone immediately focused on something else.
“Where’s Jake?” wiL asked Angel, who had taken a seat beside Taylor.
“Uh, right there?” She said, nodding towards Jake, who was telling Nick how comfy the shorts were.
“No, no, there’s two.” Angel said. “Upstairs getting drinks, I think.”
“Not anymore!” A voice said, & two six packs landed on Angel’s lap.
“Thanks Jake, you killed my manhood, what little there was.” Angel said, grimacing & moving the beer off of him.
Taylor looked up, blinked, then looked down again. ‘Holyfuckshit.’ She thought.
“Hey, I’m Jake.” He said, making her look up.
“H-Hi…” She said, smiling faintly.
Luckily for her, wiL called; “Lets go!” & Jake moved away to fetch his guitar from the stand.
As Nick plugged his bass into the amp that said ‘burn your friends’, Red noticed the back of his guitar read that as well. Jake (booty shorts) sat behind the kit, wiL took hold of the mic, & Angel took his guitar from the wall, and strapped it on.
“Okay, here we go…” wiL said, “This is called ‘Pledge Resistance’.”
Everyone watching was blown away, but Taylor was barley listening. She just couldn’t stop staring at that goddamn guitarist. She willed his dark hair to stop flopping over his lush green eyes, but that didn’t seem to work. He was jumping around, showing off his amazing guitar skills, and she just wanted to…
“Taylor? Taylor, wake up!” George said, shaking her arm slightly. She blinked. The song was over, & everyone was staring at her.
“Uhm, lets keep going?” Angel said, starting to play. wiL answered with ‘I set…’
“What just happened?” Taylor asked Sharnee, who was sitting on her right.
“You were sort of staring at Jake.” She said, grinning.
“Fuck.” Taylor said, glancing upward. He was smiling at her. She stared at her shoes for the rest of the song.
They played ‘Bridge of Reason, Shore of Faith’, ‘Kid Becomes The Dream’, and ‘Life I Left Behind’, before wiL said “Okay, this is it, the last one… This is ‘World By Storm’.”

Sometimes when fear strikes home
we hit back hard now with a
vengeance all our own
The slate has been wiped clean
My eyes have been opened up
I feel the pride pushed away
and bad feelings stop I know now
I feel it coming

Here we go
Standing side by side
right through the door
World by storm
They'll syndicate and
complicate this war
World by storm
We're standing side by side
right through the

Disintegrate-Follow me
Now I see
Now I see the truth
Disintegrate-Follow me
Now I see
Now I see it's you

The bridges burned
have been swept away
The past has been erased
our minds feel awake I know
The slate has been wiped clean
I wont pretend to
let the world pass by
and there's kids in the world
who's dreams will die I know now
I feel it coming

Here we go
Standing side by side
right through the door
World by storm
They'll syndicate and
complicate this war
World by storm
We're standing side by side
right through the

1-2-1-2-1-2-3-4

The world By storm

It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts
The world by storm
It's in our heads
It's in our hearts...