Everyone Loves an Underdog!

Chapter Five; Say its True. Say You Like Me.

You know, you could always talk to Andy…

No. I don’t want to. Definitely not my brother.

Maybe Taylor will invite Andy, who will bring him to more movie nights?

Maybe.

Tahnee tapped her pencil against her desk, staring at the ceiling. Red was drawing, as it was art class.
“Uhm, Tahnee?” She looked up to see Brandon, who was in her class & sat diagonal to the right from her, twisting in his seat to look at her.
“Uhh, yes?” She said, nodding her head.
“Can you give this to Taylor for me?” He asked, holding a folded sheet of paper out to her.
“Sure.” She said, taking it from him & pocketing it.
He smiled at her, & turned around again.
Tahnee sighed, & looked at her sheet of paper, pondering what to draw.
She squeezed her eyes shut as the bell rang through the room. It was so shrill, it could hurt if you weren’t prepared.
She rushed out of the room to her locker, to find Taylor at hers.
“Brandonwantedmetogivethistoyou.” She panted, trying to catch her breath.
“What? Okay…” Taylor said, eyebrows raised, looking at Tahnee & unfolding the paper.

Will You go out with me?

yes

no

Give to Chrissy, I have Socials with her.


With boxes beside ‘yes’, & ‘no’, that was what it said.
Taylor dropped the paper. “Holy shit!”
“What does it say?” Tahnee asked, picking it up & reading it.
“Pen! I need a pen!” Taylor said, and Red, who had just appeared, handed her one over her shoulder.
“He asked you out!”
“How did you know?” Tahnee asked, while Taylor ticked off the ‘yes’ box.
“I cornered him on my way here, & made him tell me what the note was.” Red said, grinning.
“Hey, girls.” Chrissy said, coming up to them.
“Hey.” Taylor said. “Give this to Brandon during socials, will you?” & stuck the note in Chrissy’s pocket.
“He asked her out.” Tahnee told Chrissy, smiling.
“Really? Awesome! We can double!” Chrissy said, grinning.
“Ew, poor Taylor and Brandon.” Red said, sticking out her tongue.
Chrissy ignored her. “Hey, Taylor, do I have to give it to him during socials?” She asked, looking somewhere over Taylor’s shoulder.
“No…” Taylor said, eyebrows raised. “As long as you get it to him. Why?”
“Because he’s right there.” Chrissy said, then moved past Taylor & up to him. She gave him the paper, which he unfolded & read, a smile appearing on his face.
He said something to Chrissy, who moved away, & then he beckoned for Taylor to come over to him. “Hey.” He said when she was there. “Movie, tomorrow night?”
She nodded numbly. “Sure.”
He smiled. “Great, I’ll pick you up at seven.” & he was gone.
Taylor moved back to her friends, grinning. “Movie, tomorrow night.”
“Oh god!” Red exclaimed. “I have coffee with Frank after this period!”
“Awe, yay!” Chrissy said, giving her a hug.
The bell sounded, & they all realized they had classes to get to.
-
In socials, Chrissy was sitting to the right of Brandon & being questioned about what movies Taylor liked.
“Comedy. Verbal comedy.” She said, & Brandon nodded.
“Okay then, what am I supposed to wear?”
Chrissy stared at him. “I don’t know!”
“I don’t know either!” He said exasperatedly.
“& you want me to help you?”
“Well, yeah.”
Chrissy thought for a second and said, “Maybe Andy & I could come over today and help you pick?”
Brandon grinned. “Would you?” When Chrissy nodded, he exclaimed; “You own! Meet you at your locker after class?”
“Sure.” Chrissy said, smiling.
Brandon to his work, & Chrissy did too.
-
In Computers, Red was freaking out. She was going to get coffee with Frank! ‘I don’t want to go… Yes, I do… But I don’t…’ For the first time ever, she didn’t want school to end. But, when she looked at the clock, there was only three minutes left.
‘Fuck.’ She thought, & concentrated on breathing for the rest of the period.
-
“Okay, what do you want to do?” Tahnee asked Taylor, leading down the hall, trying to get as far away from Chrissy as possible. She had told her what she, Andy, & Brandon were doing, and they were worried Taylor would overreact if she saw them together.
“Lets go to the park!” Taylor said, grinning.
“Okay.” Tahnee said, & they began walking in the direction of the park.