Status: Complete :)

Inside of You

Out of Here.

OLIVIA’S POV

I woke up to the biggest headache ever. It was like a hangover but only ten times worse. I slowly turned my head to the side and saw a vase filled with flowers. There was a note at the side. My hands shook as I grabbed it. Everything in me seemed to ache and I was weak beyond belief. Luckily, I was still alive.

I unfolded the note and saw John’s handwriting on it. I smiled as I read the words written:

Hey, I’m sorry I couldn’t wait ‘til you got up. Tim called us up for an acoustic session somewhere. I’ll be back as soon as possible. The doctor said that all you needed was rest and Aunt Catherine – if she isn’t by your side – is somewhere in the hospital.

Call me if you need anything. I won’t lose sight of my phone.

I love you.

John

“How are you feeling, dear?” Aunt Catherine asked, peering in from the door.

I smiled weakly at her and asked her to come inside. She sat on the chair next to my bed and huffed a large sigh.

“I never should’ve left you girls,” she sighed with regret.

I shook my head at her and held her hand. But when I caught sight of my hand, I realized that it had started to discolour. I sat up immediately and felt my hand. Aunt Catherine took my hand away from my eyes. I looked at her questioningly. I was scared shitless and she wasn’t saying anything.

“She tried to poison you, Olivia,” she mentioned as tears rolled down her eyes. “Why couldn’t I see this? I just wish your mother were here to talk some sense into her because I can’t do anything, Liv. She’s gone.”

“Don’t say that,” I managed to croak out. My throat was dry and it hurt especially when I swallowed.

“I can’t help it,” she said looking down. Her shirt was starting to soak. I grabbed the box of tissues on the table beside me and handed it to her. My hand was starting to look more and more disgusting. It looked like it was seriously bruised. The veins were showing and it made me want to barf. Was it going to be like this forever?

“What can we do?” I asked her, handing her the box.

“There’s really only one thing to do,” she told me. “Your mother was like her once. She rebelled against our parents. Actually when I look at Andy, I can really see your mother in her, but at least your mother knew where the line was. She always crossed it but she made sure to take a few steps back so that she was still on the right side. That’s the one thing that your sister didn’t inherit though.”

I stared at her with the widest eyes. My mother was just like Andy? How in the world is that even possible?

“What made her change her ways?” I asked Aunt Catherine.

“She had you.”

Tears started to run down my cheeks. My teeth were clenched tight and it took a lot in me not to cry. I thought talking about my mother would be totally fine. I thought I had gotten past the stage of mourning but here I am, missing her. She would know what to do right now it sucks that she’s not here to tell me face to face.

Aunt Catherine got on my bed and held me in my arms just like Mom used to. It didn’t really feel the same but it was better than nothing.

“There’s one more thing we have to try though.”

“What is it?” I asked through my tears. I know that no one that’s been through what I have would have the guts to still try and help Andy but she needed this and so did I. I didn’t want her to regret everything and I’m sure with what she’s feeling and doing, she’ll look back wanting to restart her life.

“We used to have a family friend here who’s a well-known therapist. He was the same guy who helped your mother get better but he lives in Surrey, UK now. If you’re willing to do this, we could send her there and ask him to treat Andy. She could start again; hopefully, with a clearer conscience,” Aunt Catherine suggested.

“But what happens if she…” I trailed off, not wanting to finish my sentence. I didn’t want to think negatively right now. I wanted the brighter side of life to shine over each dark shadow.

“Trust me, this is what she needs. She needs space to clear her head and if getting her far away will keep you safe as well, I won’t hesitate to get her into the first flight there. But I’m not saying this because I want to get rid of her. I’m doing this to help the both of you.”

“Would she agree to it?” I asked lying back down on my pillow. My head was starting to ache.

“She already has. She signed this waiver.” She put out a piece of paper and read it to me out loud.

There was nothing more in that letter that she didn’t already mention. I was stunned, though. I didn’t know she hated me this much. If she wanted to get away, why didn’t she pack her bags and go already? Or has she never thought about getting away from the house?

I nodded and Aunt Catherine told me that she had to go sign some more papers. She was determined to get Andy out of here as soon as possible. Once she went out though, I started to cry hysterically. I can’t believe I was that hate-able. Who wouldn’t get upset over this? Was I supposed to watch her hate me like this? I have feelings – both good and bad. I never really liked it when I knew that someone disliked me for some reason but I can’t please everybody so I try to shove it off. But this wasn’t just anyone. It was Andy and Andy was my sister.

I rolled in my bed and hid my face from the world. I just can’t believe she could hate me this much.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the delay. 1-3 more chaps and its done :)
Thanks to the ff. for commenting on the last chap:

earthtojen
somewhereclosebehind
YouClickedYourHeels
allzac
whoever she is.
whilethefirewasout
akanevampire19