Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Couple

I tilted my head back, letting the May sunshine bathe over my face. Work was stressful today. My mom’s summer collection is being finalised soon, and as one of her top two photographers I’m practically working 10, if not 12, hours a day to get all the shooting done. But it would be worth it. Darla Designs has a reputation to uphold and this summer collection would definitely keep that going. My sidekick started ringing, so I pulled it out of my pocket and put it up to my ear.

“Hello?” I yawned, running my hand through my blonde hair.

“Are you coming into the apartment or are you going to stand there all day?” Nate mused.

I looked up and grinned at the sight of him sitting on our window ledge on the fourth floor.

“I’m coming, don’t worry babe,” I chuckled, wiggling my keys at him.

“Good, I’ve been wanting you in my arms ever since you left this morning,” Nate grumbled playfully.

I laughed and unlocked the door to the building our apartment was in.

“For every one of the 12 hours I was gone I would rather have been with you,” I smirked, entering the building.

“Really now?” Nate asked slyly.

I didn’t need to see him to know he was wearing a shit-eating grin. I pressed the button to call for the elevator, shrugging my bag further up my shoulder as I waited.

“Really really,” I confirmed.

The elevator arrived and I got on, pressing number 4.

“You know, 12 hours is a long time without touching you. Without pleasing you. Without showing you how much I love you. Without making love to you,” Nate purred.

My cheeks flushed lightly, making me glad I’m the only one in this elevator.

“And how would you show me that you love me?” I asked innocently.

The elevator stopped on my floor and the doors opened, revealing Nate, cellphone up to his ear. He smiled at me, his eyes full of affection and closed his phone as I closed mine.

“Like this,” he murmured.

He pulled me out of the elevator by my hips and pressed his lips gently to mine. I groaned softly and kissed him back urgently, craving his touch after a long hard day. Nate chuckled against my lips and pulled away, taking my hands in his own.

“Someone wants something a little too much,” Nate teased.

“You have no idea,” I pouted.

Nate sighed, pecking my lips, and led me into our apartment, kicking the door shut behind him. In silence he wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to rest my head on his chest.

“I hate it when you have to work such long hours,” Nate murmured, running his fingers through my hair.

“Me too. But I hate it even more knowing that you only work 6 hours every couple of days and have mothers of all ages hitting on you while you teach their kids,” I sighed.

Nate laughed and lifted my chin so he could link his hazel eyes with my blue ones.

“I don’t need any mothers. I need you and only you,” Nate said softly.

“And Chocolate,” I reminded him.

“How could I forget our dumb dog?” Nate snickered.

“He’s not dumb, he’s cute. Where is he?” I asked excitedly.

“Sometimes I think you love that thing more than me,” Nate muttered teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, making him chuckle.

“Chocolate is asleep on the couch. I couldn’t move him. He looked too adorable,” Nate admitted.

“Aww are you finally admitting you like him?” I grinned.

“Never. Now, how about I take you to our bedroom and show you how much I missed you?” Nate smirked.

“Mmm sounds good to me,” I said happily.

Nate linked his fingers with mine and pulled me along to our bedroom, shutting the door behind me. The intensity in his eyes made me shiver, only making him smile as he pulled my long sleeved grey top over my head. Nate’s eyes fell to the ink on my arms, his hands running up and down them. Last year, I decided to get half sleeves done. My left arm has an oriental dragon running from my shoulder to my elbow, to symbolise strength and power. And my right arm has the scene of a clifftop with a dead tree on top, and then crashing waves and large rocks under the cliff. I chose this to symbolise all the hardship that I’ve gone through. Dylan did these tattoos for me at the tattoo shop he’s worked at ever since we graduated.

But anyway, back to the present. Nate cupped my face with his hands, pressing a slow kiss to my lips. A kiss that made goosebumps break out all over my body and my head started to spin. Breaking away, I reached for Nate’s plaid shirt and quickly unbuttoned it, pushing it off his broad shoulders.

“Never forget how much I love you, okay?” Nate said seriously.

I paused, looking up into his eyes.

“Okay,” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashley Barton
Nathaniel Stone
Chocolate the Beagle dog
Ash’s left arm tattoo
Ash’s right arm tattoo

And here is the start of the sequel!
I can't believe how many of you have already supported this - thank you so much!
I have big big plans for this =]

Also, I'm starting another slash in two weeks time - an All Time Low slash, Jack Barakat/Alex Gaskarth! I'm really stoked about this story idea, so if you're interested, check it out! Drive Fast Until We Crash.

Comments?
xo

p.s. 9 stars before the first chapter was even posted?!? Ahhhh! Thank you all so much!!