Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Gossip

I groaned as my alarm went off at 7am, and slammed my hand down on it to make it stop bleeping. Nate stirred from sleep and slowly opened his eyes.

“You have to leave already?” Nate whined.

“Summer collection deadline is coming up - I have to be in early,” I reminded him.

“Is there nothing I can do to...persuade you to stay?” Nate purred, tracing shapes on my bare hips.

I moaned softly, closing my eyes. Even the simplest touch from him sets me on fire. Then he stopped, making me whimper and snap my eyes open.

“Why’d you stop?” I pouted.

“You have to go to work,” Nate shrugged.

“Don’t be like that,” I sighed.

“Like what?” Nate retorted childishly.

I rolled my eyes and got out of our bed, walking stark naked into the bathroom next door. I’ve learnt that ignoring Nate when he’s in a mood works best. Turning the shower onto hot, I yawned and grabbed two towels out of the cupboard and placed them on the side, ready to use one for my hair and one for my body. I quickly stepped into the shower, letting the hot water work out the kinks in my shoulders. I jumped slightly as two arms slid round my waist, but rested my head back onto Nate’s shoulder as he held me close.

“It’s not like you to be out of bed before midday on your day off,” I commented in monotone, reaching up for the shampoo.

Nate took the bottle from my hands and poured the liquid into his palm, massaging it into my scalp. I moaned in content, closing my eyes. What this man can do with his hands.

“I didn’t want you to go to work mad at me,” Nate finally said, rinsing the shampoo from my hair.

“It’s your own fault,” I grumbled.

“Yeah I know,” Nate muttered.

I stayed silent, just letting him hold me as the water ran over both of us for a few minutes.

“I should get out. I can’t be late again,” I murmured.

Nate just nodded and turned the water off. I linked my fingers with his as we got out the shower, squeezing his hand lightly to show I wasn’t mad at him anymore. Nate smiled softly and handed me the two towels, turning around to get his own. I couldn’t help but let my gaze linger over his toned body, the water dripping off him only succeeding in arousing me. Wonderful. Nate turned back around, raising an eyebrow at my face. Then his gaze dropped to the tent in the towel and grinned.

“You can’t go to work like that,” Nate pointed out smugly.

Any retort dried up in my throat as he pulled the towel away from my waist, moulding our damp bodies together. My heartbeat raced and I smiled shyly, knowing even after nearly 5 years together I still reacted like a teenage boy to his touch.

“Think you could spare a few minutes for me to help you out?” Nate asked innocently.

I gulped as his hand travelled down between us and stroked my erection. Fuck.

“I-I think I could,” I managed to choke out.

Nate grinned and dropped to his knees.

*

“You’re late again,”

I looked up at my co-worker Dan, before glancing at the clock. 8:02. Only 2 minutes late! Then Dan grinned.

“I’m just teasing, chill,” he laughed, his Scottish brogue thick even after two years over here.

“I was distracted,” I said simply.

“Nate again?” Dan mused.

“Would it be anything else?” I chuckled.

Dan laughed too, rolling his eyes. I guess you could say Dan is one of my closest friends. He’s 26 and just an inch shorter than Nate, with unkempt light brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He always has a little stubble, but it suits his appearance. Dan’s also the most understanding person I’ve ever met, and is always there to give me advice. Misty, Dylan and Geoff get on really well with him, and even though Oscar’s only met him once he likes Dan too. It’s only Nate that’s a little off with Dan, but he won’t ever tell me why. Not that it matters.

“So what’s first today?” I yawned, unzipping my bag and pulling my camera out.

“We’re redoing the floral dress shoot from yesterday because Jesse didn’t take the photos out of the solution in the dark room quick enough and they were ruined,” Dan explained.

“That’s the second time he’s done that,” I grumbled.

“Yeah, I think your mom’s going to fire him,” Dan chuckled.

“She should!” I protested.

“Hey, come on, we’ve got 15 minutes before the models arrive so don’t stress yet. Want to get a coffee?” Dan asked soothingly.

I sighed happily and nodded. Dan always knows exactly what to say.

*

On my lunch break I sat down in mine and Dan’s office and pulled out my sidekick. I was meant to call Misty after work yesterday but obviously I got distracted by Nate. As I scrolled down to her name, I thought about how much she’s changed. Misty’s bleach blonde hair, heavy eyeliner and lip labret have all gone, replaced by her natural golden blonde hair and a thin gold ring in her septum piercing. But that’s not the only thing that’s changed. About two years after we graduated, Misty found out she was 4 months pregnant. Yeah, 4 months and she wasn’t even showing. As soon as she told my brother, he proposed to her, and they were married before the baby was born. Not only did Misty become my sister-in-law, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl called Lily, who’s now nearly three years old. I never thought I’d see my older brother cry, but the tears wouldn’t stop pouring as he held his daughter, my niece, in his arms.

And Misty, Sam and Lily make the cutest family. I don’t see Lily as much as I would like, seeing as Misty works on her designs for my mom at home so she can watch Lily, and Sam works a lot as head chef at a restaurant in the city, but I love seeing my niece whenever I can. I can’t help but spoil her rotten, she’s so adorable.

Anyway, I dialled Misty’s number and waited for her to pick up.

Misty: Jello Ashy-boo!
Ash: Hey Mistylicious. How’s my darling Lily?
Misty: Lily, say hello to Uncle Ash.

I heard Lily giggle in the background and she yelled ‘Hewwo Ash!’

Misty: She’s getting there. At least she can say your name now.
Ash: I might have to come over this weekend to give her a hug in congratulations!
Misty: Do that. She misses you.
Ash: You know I’ve been busy with work.
Misty: Dude, I know, I’ve been helping your mom design her summer collection.
Ash: True. I miss you working here next door to me.
Misty: And I miss working next door to you. It’s just hard finding a day care that’ll accept my little hellion.
Ash: Dylan and Geoff’s input has done well!
Misty: Remind me to kick their asses for that.
Ash: I’m meeting them on my day off tomorrow so I will.
Misty: That’s my bestie! Oh crap, Lily’s found my lipstick. No! Lily! Do not draw on the walls!
Ash: I’ll let you go. Give my love to Sam.
Misty: Will do. See you soon!
Ash: See you!

I ended the call and laughed to myself. At least Misty’s personality hasn’t changed. I slid my sidekick back into the pocket of my jeans and looked at the photo on my desk. It was of me and Nate when we took a trip to New York last summer. We were standing as far up as we could go in the Statue of Liberty, and Nate had his arms around me from behind while I took the photo. Our cheeks were pressed together and we were both grinning. I loved this picture.

“Jesus fucking Christ, American people are so rude!” Dan cursed, handing me my subway lunch as he slumped into his own chair.

“Did you get pushed around again?” I teased.

“You’d think at 5ft 11 I’d be able to hold my own ground, but there was a feisty fat woman today,” Dan grumbled.

“Hey, you made it out alive and with food – be grateful,” I laughed, reaching for my can of coke.

“Amen,” Dan laughed back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dan McKerrall

So now you've met Dan, Ash's best friend at work!
But Nate doesn't like him,,,hmmm...
And Nate and Ash weren't doing so good in the morning...
Stay tuned to see what happens! lol

Comments please!