Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Mistake.

It was a week later now, and tonight Nate and I are going out to a bar tonight with Geoff and Dylan. We haven’t done this in a while so it should be fun. Right now Nate and I are getting dressed after getting...distracted. Yeah, let’s leave it as that. Nate wrapped his arms round my waist from behind me, pressing slow kisses on my neck. I couldn’t help shivering.

“N-Nate, we just fucked!” I protested, buttoning up my shirt.

“I would call it making love, but have it your way,” Nate murmured teasingly, running his tongue up my neck.

I squeaked and spun around in his arms, hitting his chest. Nate just chuckled, resting his forehead against mine.

“You’ve been really horny this week. Why?” I asked curiously.

“I’ve got this weird feeling, like something bad is going to happen. So I’m taking advantage of the good thing in my life. You,” Nate said simply.

This made me blush, making him laugh again.

“You’re so fucking adorable. So fucking adorable that if we don’t leave right now, I’ll handcuff you to our bed so we don’t leave at all,” Nate purred.

I gulped.

“As much as I love you, and love being taken advantage of by you, we need to get to the bar. We’re late as it is,” I smiled.

“Pfft, I’ll have to use the handcuffs for another day then,” Nate sighed dramatically.

I giggled and pressed a soft kiss to his lips, before connecting our hands and leaving the apartment. I’d already put my sidekick, wallet and keys in my pocket, so I knew I didn’t forget about them. It only took Nate and I fifteen minutes to get to the small but busy bar, and we quickly found Geoff and Dylan standing at the barside.

“Fucking finally,” Geoff cursed playfully.

“Nope, just fucking,” Nate said, unashamed.

I blushed as the three of them laughed.

“Four beers!” Geoff called loudly to the bartender.

She nodded and grabbed them for us. Geoff paid for this round, and we all took a bottle.

“And to think, I nearly handcuffed you to the bed,” Nate murmured in my ear.

I should’ve let him.

*

[2 hours later]

Dylan had gone to the bar with Geoff, leaving Nate and I alone. Me, Dylan and Geoff are only a little tipsy, whereas Nate is pretty buzzed. It’s quite funny actually.

“Hey love, I need to go for a piss...wait for me here, okay?” Nate smiled.

“Charming! Yeah, will do,” I chuckled.

“Keep in Geoff’s eyesight, okay? My weird feeling is back and I don’t like it at all,” Nate muttered.

“Just go for a piss,” I chuckled again.

Nate forced a smile onto his lips and kissed me quickly, before walking away. I really don’t know what he’s worried about. I leant my forearms against the railing, staring at the dancefloor for a minute or so as I waited for my friends to return, when I felt a hand on the small of my back.

“Buona sera, Ashley,” A voice purred in my ear.

I froze and whimpered softly. Ricardo. I turned my head to face him, only to see that he had a smirk on his lips and a buzzed glaze over his eyes. This can’t be good.

“W-What do you want?” I asked, cursing myself for sounding so nervous.

“You,” he said simply.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

“You can’t have me,” I said simply, looking away from him.

But Ricardo grabbed my chin with his hand and turned my head to face him. I started to panic at the fire in his eyes. Where the fuck is Nate?!

“I will have you. Because you know how valuable I am to your Madre and you can’t get rid of me. I want you. Tonight,” Ricardo growled.

I whimpered and took a step backwards, my heart soaring at the sight of Geoff and Dylan walking over.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Dylan growled at the Italian model.

Ricardo looked over my shoulder and smirked, before grabbing my face between his hands and crashing his lips down on mine. My mind screamed and I tried desperately to get him off of me, but it was no use. He was too strong. Dylan and Geoff started shouting, and I heard someone else run over – and then Ricardo was ripped off of me. I opened my eyes to see Ricardo on the floor with a bloody nose and Nate standing over him with a clenched fist. Then Nate turned his head to face me, his eyes blazing with fury.

“Outside. Now,” Nate spat.

I nodded meekly, running after him with Geoff and Dylan following. I couldn’t help the tears that started falling down my cheeks. I felt so dirty. But as soon as the cool air of outside hit me, Nate whirled around, his eyes still blazing. What?!

“How could you?” he spat.

“W-What? He kissed me!” I whimpered, not understanding.

“And you let him,” Nate shot back.

“I couldn’t push him off! He was too strong!” I protested, tears building in my eyes again.

Why isn’t he listening to me?!

“This is the second time I’ve seen you with him, Ash, don’t act the victim again,” Nate snarled.

A sob choked up my throat. What the fuck? Why won’t he believe me?

“Oh for fuck sake Ash, grow up! Crying won’t fucking work on me and you know that. I can’t believe you’d do this to me,” Nate said coldly.

“I didn’t fucking do anything! He forced himself on me!” I shouted, throwing my arms in the air.

The door burst open again, and Dylan and Geoff burst out. But they stopped when they saw the expressions on our faces.

“Woah, Nate, what’s your problem? That Italian shit attacked Ash,” Geoff frowned.

“Oh so you’re on his side too? Some friend you are,” Nate growled.

Geoff’s jaw dropped. Nate has never spoken to him like this.

“Okay, Nate, calm down. We’ve all had a bit to drink and getting angry won’t help anyone,” Dylan warned.

“Stay the fuck out of this, Rose,” Nate said angrily.

Dylan scowled at the use of his surname. Tears overflowed from my eyes as I realised where this situation was going. This isn’t fair!

“Nate, I love you, you know I wouldn’t cheat on you!” I whimpered.

Nate looked at me for a few seconds, blankness in his eyes.

“You let him kiss you. I can’t love a cheater,” he whispered.

My heart seemed to freeze, my jaw dropping. N-Nate...doesn’t love me? But...But...

“Get your shit out of my apartment or I’m throwing it out. I don’t want to see your face ever again. We’re over,” Nate sneered.

That was when I lost it, openly starting to sob, my body shaking.

“You fucking asshole – Ash didn’t even cheat on you!” Dylan roared.

“I said stay the fuck out of it!” Nate shouted back.

Dylan lunged forward and slammed his fist into Nate’s face, causing Nate to drop to the floor. I cried out, trying to step forward, but I just collapsed onto the sidewalk, unable to move. Dylan and Geoff ran over to my side.

“He...He doesn’t love me...Nate doesn’t love me,” I sobbed uncontrollably.

“Nate is an ass, you don’t need him,” Dylan soothed.

“I do...I do...he’s my everything,” I protested weakly.

“Nate doesn’t deserve you. He’s worthless,” Geoff spat in Nate’s direction.

A flash of hurt passed over Nate’s face, before he got up and ran off down the street. This only made me sob harder, burying my face into Dylan’s shoulder. Everything that I cared for has...gone. My whole world no longer has its centre – Nate. He...broke up with me!

“He broke up with me,” I choked.

Dylan and Geoff shared a pained look, before Dylan scooped me up in his arms.

“Come on, let’s get you back to ours,” Dylan murmured.

“Why?” I whispered.

All three of us knew I wasn’t asking about where we were going.

“Nate’s lost his mind. You’re better off without him. We all are,” Geoff said as firmly as he could.

The agonising feeling of my heart ripping into a million pieces told me otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everything happens for a reason.

Comments?
xo