Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Chocolate

Nate’s been acting strangely. I don’t know how to explain it really. He’s always writing something in a notebook, and then he rips out the page, tears it up, throws it away and starts again. He’s been doing that all week. I tried to ask what he was doing once but he made up a random spiel of bullshit, so I gave up. Let him do what he wants. He’s probably only thinking of ways to break up with me anyway. You may ask why I don’t beat him to the punch and just break up with him first. Well, the thing is, I don’t want to admit fully that the end is near. The longer I hold onto the fragments of our relationship, the longer I can delude myself that everything is all fine between us. That's how it works in my mind, anyway.

Now that Nate works 3 or 4 days a week again teaching lessons at his previous job and I’m back to working full-time, we rarely have a full day off together. But today is one of those days. I woke up early to see that Nate wasn’t beside me, and I sighed. Please don’t let this be one of those days. Stretching until my joints popped, I shuffled into the kitchen in my boxers to make myself some coffee, only to see that Nate was busy cooking. What the fuck?

“Uh, Nate? What’s going on?” I frowned, leaning against the counter.

Nate spun around, eyes wide in shock. I couldn’t help but giggle at the sight of flour streaked across his cheek, and I stepped forward, wiping it off with my thumb.

“Thanks baby. Um, I didn’t think you’d be awake yet. I was making you breakfast in bed,” Nate admitted, blushing.

He was making breakfast in bed for me?

“That’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for me,” I said softly, smiling.

I leant up to his height and kissed him slowly, taking my time to savor his taste. I might as well get all the kisses in that I can while I still have him, right?

“I want to talk to you about something. To ask you something important,” Nate said seriously.

“Um, okay?” I said hesitantly.

This could be anything. It really could. It could be anything bad. I chewed my bottom lip as Nate turned around and looked for something, smiling slightly at his frustration. What can’t he find?

“Shit, I must’ve left it in the bedroom,” Nate grumbled to himself.

He walked past me and down towards our bedroom, so I slowly followed him, curious to what he was doing. What can he possibly be in such a fluster over? Nate suddenly grinned and stood up, but then the silence was filled by the sound of pans crashing to the floor and a loud pain-filled yelp. Chocolate! I ran back into the kitchen, shrieking when I saw our beagle dog under a small pile of frying pans and saucepans on the floor. Nate reached my side and cursed loudly.

“Stupid fucking dog ruining everything,” he hissed, moving the kitchen utensils from on top of our baby.

Tears filled my eyes as Chocolate whined and whimpered more, his leg being revealed at a horrible angle.

“Shit,” Nate winced, standing back up again.

“W-We’ve got to get him to the animal hospital,” I choked, clutching at Nate’s arm.

“Go get some clothes on, I’ll find something for him to lie on,” Nate sighed.

Why isn’t he more worried about our dog?! I quickly ran to get some clothes on, returning to see Nate holding a large serving tray with our dog on top. Chocolate was still whining and whimpering, only worrying me more. He could be seriously injured!

“You take him, you can’t drive,” Nate mumbled.

*

We’d been waiting in the surgery area for 6 hours now. Our beagle has been rushed out of my arms as soon as we’d reached the animal hospital, leaving Nate and I to wait nervously on the uncomfortable plastic chairs. Well, Nate was on the chair and I was in his lap but still. Nate was stroking my hair absentmindedly while I cried into his t-shirt. Hopefully someone will come out and tell us some news soon! Our waiting time reached 8 hours when a doctor walked towards us.

“Owners of Chocolate?” he asked.

I nodded eagerly, lifting my head from Nate’s neck and drying my cheeks.

“If you’ll follow me please,” he smiled.

He’s smiling…that must mean good news, right? We walked into a small office, Nate sitting beside me and holding my hand. I laced our fingers together as the doctor looked at us.

“I’ll cut straight to the chase. Your beagle had 3 fractured ribs, a fractured jaw and his front right leg was broken in two places. We’ve placed metal rods inside his bones to heal him and put a cast around his leg. He will be in a lot of pain while the healing process starts, so I think it’s better to keep him here under our supervision so we can give him appropriate pain medication when he needs it, as well as make sure he doesn’t do any harm to himself to cause the injuries to worsen,” the doctor told us.

“But he’s alright, yeah?” I asked, clenching my free fist.

“As long as he doesn’t agitate the rods tonight, then yes, he’ll be perfectly the fine,” the doctor reassured.

Oh yes, that makes me feel a lot better! Not! Nate thanked the doctor and ushered me out, quickly driving us home. Tears built in my eyes the entire journey, only spilling over my cheeks when Nate shut the door behind us.

“Baby, you heard what the doctor said – Chocolate will be fine,” Nate sighed, wiping my tears away.

“He’ll be fine if he doesn’t agitate the rods!” I retorted.

“Ash…”

“And what if he doesn’t like it there?” I added.

“Ash…”

“What if the other animals pick on him?” I said worriedly, my mind turning.

“Ash…”

“He’s never been away from me before!” I whimpered.

“ASH!” Nate shouted.

I squeaked, looking up at his heavily panting figure.

“Our dog will be fine! You can’t spend the next two weeks fretting about him because he’s in the best place to heal!” Nate said sharply.

His tone cut through me like a knife, and I dropped my head, avoiding his burning gaze.

“Doesn’t stop me from caring,” I mumbled, playing with the hem of my t-shirt.

Nate sighed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a loose hug. I inhaled his scent, trying desperately to calm myself down. We don’t need any more added stress, that’s for sure. Nate pressed a gentle kiss to forehead, before leaning away slightly so he could look down at me.

“Let me take care of you. Let me make you forget about everything but you and me,” Nate urged, one hand cupping my face and one hand cupping my ass, pulling our hips together.

What?!

“Forget about everything?! Our dog is injured, Nate! How do you expect me to forg…”

My words dried up in my throat when Nate sensually ground his hips against mine, his eyes never losing contact with my own. When he saw the effect he’d had on my protests, he ground his hips again, causing a moan to leave my throat. A slow smirk spread across his lips, only making me blush. I know that smirk, and I know what follows that smirk. Nate wasted no time in ridding both of us of our clothes, but then took his time to look at my bare body. He walked around me slowly, his fingers tracing feather-like patterns across my skin until he’d walked in a full circle. His burning gaze didn’t miss an inch of my skin, making me tingle all over and for blood to rush down south. Fuck, how he can excite me barely touching me is insane! Nate’s eyes instantly dropped to my erection and he smirked even more.

“Touch yourself,” he whispered.

Normally I would be too embarrassed to even contemplate such an action, but I am so turned on right now that I’ll do anything he says. My hand wrapped around my hard-on and slowly moved up and down, hot moans spilling from my lips from the friction and the physical contact. I fought to keep my eyes open just so I could watch Nate practically drooling. Nate and I haven’t been fully intimate since we’ve been back together, but I know tonight will step over that boundary. This will go much further than just a handjob or a blowjob, and I’m alright with that. I’m more than alright with that.

“You have no idea how fucking hot you look right now,” Nate growled, his eyes darkening with lust.

“Why don’t you show me?” I panted.

That was all that it took for Nate to slam me into the wall by the front door. He roughly threw my legs around his waist and slammed into my entrance, no prepping and no warning. I screamed loudly as he started pounding into me, the pain being greater than I’d expected, but that pain quickly turned to pleasure, leaving me a whimpering, writhing mess. Then Nate stopped, standing still, and I snapped my eyes open, looking at him bewildered.

“W-What are you d-doing?” I managed to choke out.

“Trying to think of the easiest way to get you to our bedroom without hurting you,” Nate grinned, running his tongue up my neck.

Oh dear God, that felt good.

“I d-don’t care what you d-do, just don’t st-stop fucking m-me!” I begged.

“Well when you put it as poetically as that…” Nate teased.

I narrowed my eyes at him, pouting, but that pout went into an open-mouthed groan as he resumed thrusting barbarically. I don’t know how he did it, but he carried me down the corridor, pausing every few feet to push me against the wall to drive himself into me harder. I was so lost in a world of bliss that I didn’t notice him lay me down on our bed until my head hit the pillows. Sweat covered our flesh as our passion continued, our bodies blending into a tangle of limbs as pants and moans filled the air. All that filled my mind and my senses was the man on top and inside of me.

“N-Nate, I-I’m close,” I whimpered, the white hot feeling in the pit of my stomach starting to spread.

Nate grunted, pounding impossibly faster as his hand wrapped around my throbbing length. I cried out as he pumped me in time with his thrusts, pleasure shooting into every corner of my body as I came over his fist and our torsos. Nate helped me ride out my high, reaching his not long after. I lay still, panting with a spinning head as he pulled out of me, collapsing at my side.

“That was amazing,” he breathed, wrapping his arms around my glistening body.

“Beyond amazing,” I smiled wearily, sliding my legs comfortably between his.

Nate pressed his lips firmly to mine, startling me slightly with the ferocity, but I didn’t hesitate to kiss back. After a few seconds he pulled away, looking me dead in the eyes.

“Never forget that I love you. I love you,” Nate whispered fiercely, holding me tightly.

I just buried my face into the crook of his neck, holding him just as tightly. Today, like everything recently, has just been a nightmare and I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that the intimacy we just shared is the only keeping me sane. I honestly just don’t know what to think any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chocolate

What do you think Nate was going to ask before Chocolate had his accident?
Yes, sorry to dangle it in front of you like that, but I couldn't resist.
I do believe I'll make it up in the next update ;)

Comments please!
xo