Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Question

Tonight is Nate’s 24th birthday, the 18th December. Now that we have Chocolate back fully-healed, there is a little less tension between us. Not much less, but a little less. Nate decided he wanted a party tonight, so he hired the VIP room in a local club and invited all our friends to come out with us. This includes a few guys from his work as well as our friends. Nate’s even invited Dylan’s and Oscar’s brothers, seeing as he’s got along with them when he’s met them, and my mom, Damon, and his parents. Now, I know he doesn’t like my mom in the slightest, so he must be in a really good mood. It’s not like it’s a special birthday or anything, is it? Oscar had come down with Josh from Montreal two days ago to help finalize everything, so I was glad to have someone to talk to distract me from Josh’s cold looks while we drove there.

“You okay, Ash?” Oscar frowned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s only a birthday party, right?” I smiled weakly.

In truth, I don’t really want to socialize with our friends and families. I just want to stay at home. But it’s Nate’s birthday and I won’t ruin this for him.

“Yeah. Right,” Oscar nodded.

I raised an eyebrow but didn’t push the matter further. When Nate pulled into a parking space behind the club, I straightened my red tie over my black button-up shirt, wiping my hands on my black skinny jeans before getting out, Oscar right behind me. I’d put a little eyeliner on tonight because I know Nate likes it. Nate smiled at me and linked our hands together, pressing a short kiss to my lips before leading us into the club, walking right past the long queue outside. Apparently we were the last to arrive because a loud cheer of “happy birthday Nate!” sounded as we entered the VIP section.

“Get a seat, baby. I’ll get us some drinks,” Nate murmured in my ear.

I smiled and nodded. Nate winked at me as he headed to the bar with Josh and Geoff, making my stomach flip. I just hope this night turns out alright.

*

3 hours later I was suitably buzzed. Not tipsy, not drunk, just buzzed. Buzzed enough to relax and not worry about the tension between Nate and me. Buzzed enough to notice Dan flirting with a blonde man. Wait, who is he? Longish messy blonde hair, tanned skin, fairly muscled, bright white smile and tall. Amazingly gorgeous. Who is he?!

“Nate, baby, who is Dan talking to?” I whispered in Nate’s ear.

Nate left the conversation he was in to look in the direction I was looking.

“Oh, that’s Jeremy. He’s my closest friend at work, I have told you about him,” Nate mused.

“The surfer?” I asked, hoping I was right.

“Yeah, Jeremy surfs a lot,” Nate chuckled, “he’s 27, so a year older than Dan. And he’s bi, like Dan,”

I smiled slightly as Jeremy typed something into Dan’s cellphone. I’m assuming it’s his number. I know Dan’s been sad ever since Nate and I got back together, something which I don’t like but can’t do anything about. Hopefully this guy Jeremy will help get him back to the Dan I knew.

“Looks like they’re getting along pretty well anyway,” Nate grinned.

I squealed a little when Jeremy pressed an innocent kiss to Dan’s lips, both of them smiling when Jeremy pulled away. Yay! I was brought out of my thoughts when Nate stood up, calling for attention from everyone. It’s a good thing this VIP section blocks out a lot of noise from the club, or no-one would’ve heard him. All the guests crowded around where Nate and I were seated.

“Okay, I just want to thank everyone for actually turning up. Although I would’ve had a lot of fun if it was just Ash and I, I’m glad you all came. Now, I know most of you know that this isn’t just a night to celebrate my birthday, I’m going to get straight to it. Geoff, do you have what I need?” Nate asked.

Geoff handed Nate something that I couldn’t see. What’s going on?

“Ash, can you stand up?” Nate asked me.

I did so, still confused.

“Ash, I know we’ve been through so much together that it’s unreal. I wouldn’t have thought that the day-dreaming constantly-blushing boy that I met on my first day in San Marino High would be the man that I love so much today. But you are, and there’s nothing I would ever do to change that. Ever. We’ve had a lot of fights, especially recently, but now that we’re back together I never want to let you go. I want to grow old with you, to adopt kids with you, and to give you the love you deserve every single day of your life,”

My eyes filled with tears from his words and my jaw dropped as Nate dropped to one knee. I-Is he really proposing?

“Ashley James Barton, will you marry me?” Nate asked, opening the box in his hand.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as he revealed a beautiful dark titanium ring, smooth and unblemished. It was perfect.

“It would really do my ego good if you could answer,” Nate chuckled, although I could tell he was nervous.

“I thought I was dreaming. Of course I’ll marry you!” I said happily.

Everyone cheered and whooped as Nate slid the ring onto the fourth finger of my left hand, before standing up and kissing me deeply, his hands cupping my face gently. I moaned softly at the emotions in the kiss, smiling as Nate pulled away. I giggled as I realized we were both crying, and wiped away Nate’s tears with my thumbs before kissing him again. When I broke away everyone came up and congratulated us, but it all felt like a blur. All I could focus on was Nate, and the happiness in his eyes. My fiancé. Everything had finally come together, everything had finally turned out good. I had my happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ash’s outfit
Jeremy; Dan’s new love interest

So this is the end! Finally!
I can't believe the emotional turmoil that I've been through during the writing of this sequel, and I hope you all understand what I mean. I love the characters of Ashley and Nathaniel with all my heart, and I'm going to be so sad to let them go. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me =]
However, this is not the complete end to the series. Click on the sequel link in the top right hand corner, and you'll be taken to a Dan and Jeremy's story. Yes, I am writing a short 5 part story about them, because I want to. Just because of that. Big thanks to Danny Worsnop for giving me the idea of finding Dan a partner, because I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise!
So please go and check it out, because I'm very proud of the mini-triquel. First chapter will be up next week.

Please comment your final thoughts! Thank you to everyone that's commented on the story:

Chickee
Catch.You.Now
Bull
KiSs_Me_I’m_BrOkEn
JesusOfSuburbia
Danny Worsnop
Pr3sl3y
Kyrstal-Khaos
Revengefulvampire
OhDear
NitTwit102
MattLuvv
Lurking_shadow
GayMedicman
Hezzarther
Atychiphobia.
ComeTogether
YourHersheyKiss
PaigeyPantsFTW
BisexualAngel
Hatsu-kouen2143
YoruChan
Heartsandcrosses
Dodger
Lili alexandra
Wasted_Angel
ShootingMoons;
TootsiePop
Kade Holloway
Ddbaby1234
Skinophone
Togepenis
Fiendfyre
Ready Set Love
Band Craptice
Holly.is.awkward
xDyousillygoose
NothingxPersonal
HeatherEnvy
GlitterNinja
Zombie Child
Meganator
Ms.Hopeless_Savage
WhatTheFunk!?
Jacquelene
Rainbow Lollipops
VladimirVengeance
Everyone’s Dead
JustTheWayYouAre
Inadequate
CeraRachel
Lurking_shadow
AnotherCatastrophe
BrieIsHistory
ElisabethanEra
Xxcupcakerapistxx
Readaloud
Satanophobic
Zephyr
HayleighNicole
iiEmptyx3
YouCanCallMePisces
Katieeelove
The Future Is Nigh
Sqishy
KelseyMarie
Ace Lightning
XxWritten_DisasterxX
Phoenix_xX
SugarRush;
ColorMeArtistic
Sucks For You