Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Ricardo.

I woke up to Nate stroking my cheek with his thumb, his hazel eyes resting on my face with a soft warmth in them.

“Why are you awake?” I yawned, resting my hand over his.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Nate murmured.

“What’s wrong?” I frowned.

He normally sleeps like a log. Like, really, he’ll sleep through a hurricane.

“I can’t stop thinking about that night on the beach. I still don’t know what I did wrong,” Nate whispered.

“Nate, that was over a week ago – just drop it!” I exasperated.

“Not until I know what I did! You were upset, Ash, and you won’t tell me why!” Nate whimpered.

“And I’m not going to, so just forget about it, okay?” I grumbled.

Nate let out a groan of frustration, so I rolled out of bed and headed for the kitchen. I’m awake an hour earlier than usual – I’m going to need a strong coffee. If you haven’t realised, things still aren’t wonderful between me and Nate. I know it’s my own fault for getting ideas, but I kinda do have reason to. It’s nearly been five years – how many more before he wants us to be together forever? Five? Ten? Never?!

Eurgh, I don’t know. But he won’t stop bugging me about what was wrong, and I won’t tell him so it’s a vicious cycle. As I was pouring my coffee, Nate’s arms wrapped around me from behind and his lips travelled over my neck in a very seductive way. So seductive that I moaned whorishly.

“Y-You can’t t-tempt me with s-sex, Nate,” I choked, shakily placing the coffee stuff back on the counter.

“You weren’t complaining last night,” Nate purred, pressing his crotch firmly against my ass.

I moaned again. Nate pushed my boxers down and pushed himself straight into me unprepped, bending me over the kitchen counter. Oh My Fuuuuuuck. He didn’t move at all, but still kissed my neck.

“Still not tempted?” Nate whispered, taunting me.

I growled and glared over my shoulder at him to start moving. Nate chuckled and grabbed my hips firmly as he slowly pulled himself almost completely out of me, before thrusting back in harshly. I groaned loudly, only making Nate grin as he set up a fluent rhythm of thrusts. Although I probably sounded like a cheap whore, the moans streaming from my mouth were loud and unashamed. Nate’s grunts and hot breath on my neck only spiralled my desire.

“Why aren’t you screaming for me? I know you love this. You love it hot and dirty, and there’s nothing you can do about how your body reacts to mine,” Nate growled.

I whimpered, feeling my toes start to tingle. I don’t know how he makes me like this with just a fewsimple dirty words, but he just does. Nate latched his lips to my neck and wrapped his hand around my throbbing hard-on, pumping me in time with his thrusts. This easily sent me over the edge and I cried out as I came over the kitchen counter. Then I dug my short nails into Nate’s hands over my hips and he groaned loudly. When Nate’s in a mood like this, he likes it...painful. It didn’t take long for Nate to shoot his load into me, moaning so loud that our dog came scampering into the kitchen, stopping and staring at us.

“Our poor baby’s gonna be scared for life,” I chuckled.

Nate growled at Chocolate, and our dog yelped and ran away. Nate smirked triumphantly and pulled out of me and pulled my boxers back up. I turned around, resting my arms on his shoulders.

“I’m gonna have to clean the kitchen now. And I got jizz in my coffee,” I said bluntly.

“It’s your turn to clean. And I’m sure you’ll like the taste as much as I do,” Nate shrugged, grinning.

“Ass,” I muttered, although I was only being playful.

“Mmhmm and you love it,” Nate murmured.

“I’ve got to get ready for work. Mom’s back from Italy today so it’ll be chaos,” I sighed.

“Nothing wrong with a little chaos,” Nate laughed.

“With stilettos involved? Eurgh,” I grimaced.

“I love you,” Nate chuckled.

“And I love you. Now get back to bed. I don’t want you whining tonight that you’re tired,” I ordered.

“Yes ma’am,” Nate grinned.

He pecked my lips in a kiss before walking back down to our bedroom. I sighed and grabbed a cleaning cloth from under the sink. Not that I minded the surprise session...I just didn’t want to clean up!

*

Seeing as today’s Monday, the start of the second week in June, and it’s the day that my mom gets back from Italy after being gone for a month on business, everyone apart from me and Dan are running around like headless chickens. So I’m just holed up in my office, trying to stay out of the way of stilettos and shrieking. Well, Dan disappeared about half an hour ago, but I haven’t got a clue where he went. Oh well. He’ll turn up eventually. But right now, I’m talking to Nate. He has an hour before his first guitar lesson, and as much as everything’s been horrible between us recently, I can’t fight the smile I get when I hear his voice.

Ash: And then Patricia threw the stapler at Greg and stormed out! We haven’t heard from her since!
Nate: Jeez, she sounds like a headcase!
Ash: Kinda psycho actually. But I’m glad she’s gone. It’s a lot more peaceful in the building without her shouting.
Nate: Are you busy hard at work?
Ash: Well me and Dan haven’t had a lot to do today. Mom’s meant to be coming in any time now, so everyone else is running around. We’ve mainly just been sitting here, but it’s just me now.
Nate: Ooh, and you get paid how much for sitting on your ass?
Ash: hey, not all of us can have trust funds!
Nate: My trust fund bought us our apartment!
Ash: Mmhmm and I can’t wait to get back there to make sweet love to you.

“Am I interrupting something?”

I looked up and squealed when I saw my mom, half-embarrassed half-excited. She grinned and held out her arms for a hug.

Ash: It’s my mom! I’ll see you later.
Nate: Alright, see you.

I ended the call to Nate's laughter and threw my sidekick on my desk, running into my mom’s arms and hugging her tightly. She didn’t hesitate to hug me just as tightly. She looked exactly the same as when I’d seen her a month ago. Her dark hair choppy and chic, her smile wide and pearly, her clothes sophisticated yet edgy. And a tan. Well, what do you expect? She’s just spent a month in Milan!

“How was Italy? Did you have fun?” I asked, excited to hear her news.

“It was absolutely amazing, but I will have to tell you details after work. I’m calling a meeting for everyone right now because I have an important announcement. Can you find Dan and come to the conference room, like, now?” my mom asked.

“Sure thing,” I nodded.

My mom smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

“I missed you, Ash,” she said, her tone soft and warm.

I just grinned and ran out of my office. Little things like that make me remember that she’s still my mom, and not just my boss. It didn’t take me long to find Dan. Although I did find him making out with one of the female interns in the photocopying room. I cleared my throat, and they sprung apart. The brunette girl looked like she was about to burst into tears when she realised it was me.

“Please don’t tell your mom. I really need this internship,” she begged.

“Then make sure you stay away from horny photographers,” I laughed.

The girl blushed and ran out of the room. Dan avoided my gaze and picked his camera off the floor.

“We’ve got a meeting. Now. My mom’s back and with a big announcement,” I told him.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Dan yelped.

As we practically-ran to the conference room, I looked at him.

“You’ve got lipgloss all around your mouth,” I mused.

“Shit,” Dan grumbled, quickly wiping his face.

“An intern? Really? And a fake-brunette?” I teased.

“Unlike some, I don’t get sex on tap,” Dan muttered.

I rolled my eyes, opening the door to the conference room. We were the last ones in there, so we quickly took our seats.

“Right, I have big news. Although we made the deadline for Darla Designs summer collection, we need to start looking ahead. And ladies and gentlemen, I have the next big thing to start us off. While in Italy, I saw a young man just walking down the road. Minding his own business. But that walk...that bone structure...I was inspired. So I brought him back with me,” My mom started.

“Is that even legal?” one of the newest seamstresses asked.

The room fell silent. Never question Dawn Barton.

“He has a passport so of course it is. Anyway, as I was saying before I was interrupted, the new face of Darla Designs menswear is a young Italian man called Ricardo Della Valle. Come in Ricardo!” my mom said, enthusiam oozing from her voice.

A round of applause sounded as a tall man walked into the room. But Oh. My. God. He’s gorgeous. He was dressed in a simple white tight t-shirt and navy blue board shorts, but he made them look expensive. With deeply tanned skin, messy chestnut hair, blue eyes, plump lips...he’s almost god-like looking. And those muscles!

Woah. What the fuck am I doing? I have never thought of any guy like this. No-one other than Nate. I...I can’t think of him like this. I can’t. This would only mean trouble and I can’t deal with trouble right now. Dan noticed me freeze, and leant over to me.

“Don’t even think about it. I know you love Nate. You know you love Nate,” Dan whispered in my ear.

It’s scary how he knows me so well.

“It’s an honour to be a part of such an influential company. I can’t wait to start working with you all,” Ricardo said in incredible English.

And that accent. Stop it Ashley! Then Ricardo looked right at me, and flashed me a brilliantly white smile. Oh I’m in trouble alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dawn Barton
Ricardo Della Valle
Ricardo head-shot

A little bit of smut and a little bit of uh oh!
This could be a problem, couldn't it?
Listen to Dan, Ash!

Thank you so much for all your comments! Please keep them coming =]

Also, Hot.Mess. and I are starting a co-write original slash called Save Me. The first chapter should be out tonight, and I'm not sure if the summary page is done yet, but the character tabs are! So check it out, it would mean a lot to me =]

xo