Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Twelve

My crutches wobbled slightly as I tried to get out of the hospital room in one piece. It had been two days since I tripped and there were currently bandages all over my limbs. Zacky had, strangely, been with me the whole time. He’d even stayed over night when I first got admitted. His hand was resting on the small of my back, guiding through the corridor to the exit where Pippa and Molly were waiting anxiously. River and Joel were there two, River quickly going to help me walk as Joel thanked Zacky for being there for me. Pippa and Molly hung back with Zacky, the three chatting as River scooped me into his arms.

“I can do it on my own,” I exclaimed, laughing a little when Joel took my crutches and River rolled his eyes. Giving up on struggling, I allowed River to carry me over to his car and slide me into the back seat of Pippa’s escalade. I smiled at my brother, leaning forwards to kiss his cheek softly. “Thank you, River!” Joel wandered around and smiled innocently, tapping his cheek with his fingertip as I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek, too. Zacky slipped in the other side of the car, laying my legs gently on his lap as I blushed.

Joel and River yelled their goodbyes and left me to sit in the back of the car awkwardly with Zacky running his hand absently up and down my bandaged leg. I felt oddly soothed by his actions and found myself watching him with curious eyes. Pippa and Molly climbed in the front of the car and Pippa gunned the engine. What was this feeling in the pit of my stomach?

Zacky looked over at me, watching my prod my stomach with raised eyebrows. His hands stopped abruptly on my legs, a smile curving onto his plump lips. “What are you doing?” he asked quietly, Molly turning around in her seat to see what he was on about. I flushed a deep crimson, shrugging silently with my hands falling onto my lap. Molly was texting away on her phone when, suddenly, my phone began to sing Glee – It’s My Life Mash Up, and I blushed again as Zacky quirked an eyebrow at my text tone.

Molly – Kiwi and Zacky, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G, ^_-

Keeley – I hate you so much… -_-

Molly – Awww, love you too, Kiwi! <3

Keeley – Meh, buy me skittles and I’ll re-think the last statement ^o^

Molly – Yeah… so you can get Zacky to eat them off you!

Zacky looked over at my phone then when it bleeped, becoming curious about who I was texting judging by the look on his face. I shielded my phone to my chest, smirking at him as he pouted. “Let me see!” he whined, his bottom lip jutting out childishly. I could feel my self-control melting like sugar in a hot pan, dribbling like golden syrup. He reached out and grabbed my phone from my sweaty hands, grinning triumphantly until he read it. “Well…” Zacky’s cheeks turned a bright crimson as I snatched my phone back, getting rid of the text before stuffing it in my bra so no one goes near it again.

“What are you fuckers doing?” Pippa exclaimed, wanting in on the action as she pulled up in her driveway and turned around in her seat to smirk at us all. I scratched below my ear nervously, chewing on the flesh of my bottom lip as Molly mocked Pippa by saying ‘yeah, what are you doing?’. One of these days, I swear down, I am going to murder that girl. My throat ran dry, taking a small glance in Zacky’s direction as he sighed and climbed out of the car, gently placing my legs back on the seat.

I frowned at Molly who was trying not to laugh while Pippa climbed out of the car, whistling a random song in her head as the door I was bracing my back against suddenly disappeared. Screaming a profanity, I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the collision with the tarmac of Pippa’s driveway. It never happened and I found myself being cradled within someone’s arms tightly. When I opened my eyes again, I noticed Jimmy chuckling at my expression as he hoisted me higher up again and began to walk into the house. “You got one hell of a scream on you, girl,” Jimmy muttered, bouncing me like a baby as he walked towards the house.

“All the better to shout ‘rape’ with,” I replied with a grin. Jimmy laughed hysterically, stepping sideways into the house I was now to call home because my stupid landlord and I fell out over the rent. Meh, I hated that place anyways. There were boxes of my stuff in the hallway and a couple of suitcases on the landing, waiting to be put away in my new room, once known as Pippa’s spare room that almost everyone on the street has stayed in at one point. “Bitches! Get me a dwink!” Joel and River looked up from their spots on the sofa, raising their eyebrows threateningly.

“Don’t sit just there, get your injured sister a drink,” Pippa laughed as she wandered through from the hallway and Jimmy sat me down on the chair. Joel sighed, slapping River on the thigh as he stood up to go get me a drink. Jimmy smirked over at me, saying that I had him my brothers wrapped around my little fingers. I shrugged, Pippa falling back onto the sofa next to River and Zacky as Jimmy pulled me up and sat me down on his lap. I giggled, wriggling my butt a little to get comfortable before falling back onto his chest with a sigh. “Comfy, much?” Pippa laughed. I nodded.

Zacky rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. I frowned for a moment before shaking my head. He is such a kid…
♠ ♠ ♠
Saturday at last, many an update to be seen today, maybe!
Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe.
RDGD
Rainey 0_o