Status: hope you guys enjoy this....thank you all for reading :]

If I Told You I Love You

A Rude Awakening

( Sarah's POV)

The party seemed to have calmed quite a bit. The music had been turned down to a soft murmur, serving as a background rather than the center of entertainment it had been. Most kids, having drunk too much, were passed out all around the house and even on the lawn. Some lingered around talking and drinking, some sat with eyes transfixed on the large flat-screen, watching an old basketball game. There seemed to be a game of human bowling pins in the main lobby and I could hear faint sounds of chanting...”chug chug chug” coming from the kitchen. I wondered just how long they would keep going at it.
All night this small corner in the living room had been my refuge. Quietly I had sat there observing the party, far enough from the excitement to allow me some solitude, while still close enough for me not to be a complete recluse as I was so often accused. Not wanting a repeat performance of the last party, I had refrained from any kind of alcoholic beverage, choosing to sip water throughout the evening instead. Eventually I had started to regret that decision for the night had been spent bored and alone, with Heather's words a poison festering within my chest. “He loves me, and I love him...we make each other happy. Isn't that enough for you?” her voice resonated in my brain, the poison spreading through every part of my body. My eyes flittered to a couple kissing on the couch and I let out a frustrated sigh, chancing a glance at the clock on the opposite wall. 2:33 a.m it read and I stood up ready to leave. I couldn't be here. This party hadn't been that great anyway.
“Hey Emma!” I called out to my red haired friend as she was halfway out of the front door, “Yeah?” she yelled back. “Do you think you could give me a ride?...I came with Matt and Heather but...I don't think they want to leave yet,” I replied, walking towards her. “Oh yeah sure..Let's go,” she nodded her head in the direction of her car. Thank god. I didn't want to have to face Heather again, at least not tonight. “Thank you so much...wait a sec, while I get my stuff,” a smile lit my face, “I'll be back in a flash.” Searching around, I tried to remember in which direction Justin had walked away with it. Opening random doors didn't seem to be working, and asking Justin was not an option, seeing as he was passed out on the dining room table. I came to stand in the doorway into the kitchen,“ Hey guys!” I tried to yell over their senseless chanting. “Do you know where the jackets and stuff are?” “Uhm...well, I think it was all taken to a bedroom upstairs. I don't know which one though,” hollered a girl I didn't even know. I yelled out a “Thanks!” not really offended as it went unanswered.
Up the stairs I ran, taking two at a time, coming up to a long hallway with a lot of doors. Darn, this house, or mansion rather, was huge. The first door only opened halfway as it was filled with exercise equipment. Geez, I thought, some people are just a little obsessed with staying fit. The second door seemed to be locked and the third was a bathroom. I walked a little farther down the hallway looking in different rooms, some of which were occupied to say in the least. I was about to give up on my search, but I decided to open one last door for reassurance. Tentatively, I twisted the knob, opening the door a crack. A feeling of apprehension and hesitation I could not understand washed over me and I peeked my head into the room. My heartbeat beat restlessly through my chest, as my eyes adjusted to the darkness and finally registered the scene playing before me. My jaw dropped to the floor along with my heart, and I left it there. My heart, beating and breaking, left for dead on the floor of the dark room. I had opened the door unexpectant of anything, but I found something. Though it had come in a rude awakening, it was what I needed. It was the the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the chapter : My heart by The Perishers

well...first of all, I'm sorry.
i should have finished this chapter ages ago but i dint have much time between school and stuff.
so anyways, thank you for patiently waiting.
hope you enjoy...and comments will always be appreciated, bad or good :]

happy reading!