Status: Active: I will post pretty much every day!

Lets Get This Over With

Confrontation

There was nowhere for me to go. Joe obviously knew I already saw him as I had waved at him. I couldn’t be rude and ignore him, even if I didn't feel like dealing with Tammy at the moment, especially this early in the morning. It's hard enough not to punch her on a regular basis, now it's going to be even harder that I'm not quite awake.

As they walked towards me, I could see that Tammy was saying something to Joe. With the look on her face, I could guess that the words she was saying weren’t very nice. Once they were near enough, I could start picking up on what Tammy was saying, the entire time still glaring at me. That girl can hold a grudge for a long time about the stupidest things.

"Joey...why are you going to talk to that girl," I heard her whine. Did she really believe that annoying sound was effective to get people to do what she wanted? Obviously it worked on some people as she did rule most of the school.

Joe just waved his hand at her comment, which, for some reason, made me very happy. Tammy had finally gotten rid of that glare that was replaced by a look of shock. She wasn't used to people ignoring things that she said, especially the boys in the school. They were usually the ones who fawned over everything she said. I was glad Joe was not one of those guys.

"Hey, Liz!" Joe said after finally reaching me. “How are you doing today?”

"Hey, Joe," I replied, smiling. "Tammy." When I said her name, I tried very hard not to show the disgust I felt towards her on my face, and I think it might have actually worked. She smiled back at me, but I don't think she was trying to be very friendly. “I’m doing good. I’m tired because it’s the morning, but other than that I’m good. How about you?”

“Pretty much the same,” Joe replied with a short little laugh. "I always hate the mornings. But I’m glad I ran into you because I just wanted to remind you that Kevin's going to drive us back to my house after school so you don't have to walk again. We figured it would be easier and better because than you can be over earlier. Only if that’s okay with you, of course."

"Oh, yeah. That would be great, actually! It would be nice to have a ride." I had totally forgotten that Kevin had offered as I was leaving their house last night. I had to remember to tell Cara at lunch that I wouldn't need her mom to drive me home much anymore. I wasn’t sure how long I was going to be going over to Joe’s.

"Ok, then, you can meet us in front of the school at the end of the day. We’ll make sure to wait for you." Joe checked the watch that was perched on his left wrist. "Oh no. I have to get going to class or else I’m going to be late but I'll see you later, Liz. And Nick wanted me to tell you that you aren’t leaving without playing for him. Bye, Tam. See you at lunch." Joe waved to both of us as he walked off to whatever class he had.

"Bye, Joe," I responded, thinking how much Nick was going to be disappointed tonight. Hopefully these Jonas boys would just give up on hearing me play. I didn’t want to evade them all the time. It was too exhausting.

I smiled to myself as I turned to get to my history class. Unfortunately, I was stopped by a fake tanned arm. I sighed inwardly, knowing what was coming but really hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with it. I still was not awake enough to try and not be rude.

"I don't know who you think you are," Tammy said, the glare once again upon her face, "but you better start leaving Joe Jonas alone. We are both the top of the social ladder. Everyone knows we are meant to be together and we will be. And no lowly freshman like you is going to ruin that, no matter how hard you try."

During this whole speech, I was trying to contain my laughter. Why do these people who have everything always think everyone is out to destroy their lives? I wasn’t even trying to ruin Tammy’s life; it was just a little bonus to this whole tutoring thing.

"Why Joe is even talking to you, I have no idea. It seems like a big waste of time to me." If talking to me was such a waste of time, why was she talking to me? It seemed a little hypocritical to disdain the very thing you were doing. I did know, though, that right now she was wasting my time. "You better watch what you do, what you say, and stay where you belong if you know what's best for you."

She turned around, flipping her hair, and walked off to class. As she was leaving, I couldn't contain myself anymore. I started bursting out laughing because of how serious she was about this entire situation. I never knew one person could care so much about who other people interact with. Thankfully there wasn't anyone around to see me laughing to myself or else everyone would think I was crazy.

Then, the bell rang for class to start.

Shoot! That's why no one was around, they were all in class. And here I was standing in the middle of the hallway laughing like a madwoman. This was already turning out to be an excellent day. A confrontation with Tammy, didn’t have my History homework done and I was going to be late to that same class. Hopefully it will only get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! The more I get, the faster I update I promise. Keep that in mind. Love you guys.

<3 Lex