Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Drunk

It had been a few hours since I’d blown up at my friends. I was starting to feel a little guilty for acting like I did, but my pride isn’t letting me out of my bunk to apologise. I just really didn’t like how amusing they found mine and Michael’s embrace. Because I fucking don’t find it amusing at all. It shouldn’t have happened. And that’s all there is to it.

“Hey, Mack?”

JC. I rolled my eyes and opened my curtain, raising an eyebrow at him.

“What?” I asked boredly.

“Look, we’re sorry for what we said. We shouldn’t have got involved and we want to make it up to you,” JC said honestly.

“Okay?” I frowned, raising an eyebrow.

“We haven’t celebrated your birthday as a band, so we were thinking of just having a drink like we used to,” JC smiled.

I chewed my bottom lip, looking up at him shyly.

“Vanilla vodka and Pepsi?” I asked hopefully.

“You know it,” JC chuckled.

I grinned and jumped out of my bunk, following JC back out to the lounge area where Logan, Reece and Taylor were sitting, plastic cups already poured in front of them.

“Happy belated birthday, Mack,” Logan smiled.

“Thanks,” I smiled back, taking a seat between him and JC. Reece handed me a cup and I grinned. This was much more like it.

“To the happiness of Mackenzie Wilmot,” JC toasted, raising his cup.

I giggled but lifted my cup as everyone else did, before taking a gulp. Shi-i-it! This is so damn strong! As I started talking to Taylor, I missed the look shared by JC and Logan. A look of determination. I also missed the video camera in JC’s hand.

*

[JC Morel]

I held Mackenzie’s hair away from her face as she doubled over the toilet, violently emptying her stomach. I grimaced, knowing this was my fault technically, but I’d got what I wanted out of her. All I hoped was that she wouldn’t hate me too much.

“JC, why did no-one else get so drunk?” Mackenzie whined, wiping her mouth on some tissue and flushing the chain.

“There’s something you need to see,” I said softly.

Mackenzie looked confused as she washed her mouth out with mint rinse, making me sigh.

“Do you think you can stand up?” I asked.

“I-I think so,” Mackenzie nodded.

I lifted her up firmly by my arm around her waist, guiding her out of the bathroom and into the lounge where everyone else was. Taylor bit her bottom lip, nervously handing Mackenzie a glass of water, which as we sat down I helped her drink. Once the glass was finished and a second one was started, Mackenzie seemed to sober up a bit.

“Is anyone going to explain what’s going on?” Mackenzie asked quietly.

Taylor clamped her mouth shut, Reece looked uneasy and Logan looked guilty. Wonderful. My job then.

“You were the only one drinking alcohol, Mack. We were drinking plain Pepsi not vodka and Pepsi,” I finally said.

Mackenzie lifted her head from my chest, narrowing her eyes.

“What?” she hissed.

“We did this for your own good, Mack,” Logan said softly, not looking at her.

“What did you do?” Mackenzie said angrily, clenching her fists.

Taylor’s eyes filled with tears as she plugged her hand-held video camera into Reece’s laptop, swinging the screen round to face Mackenzie. Mackenzie pressed her lips together as a screenshot of herself appeared. Reece pressed play, and we all held our breath.

“So Mack, how are you enjoying the tour so far?” Reece smiled.

“It’s amaaaazing!” Mackenzie grinned madly.

“Any reason why?” Taylor asked innocently.

“I get to be with my bestest friends in the whole wide world!” Mackenzie giggled, throwing her arms wide.

“Aww!” Taylor gushed.

“Anyone else?” Logan prompted.

Mackenzie blushed deeply, covering her face.

“Come on, tell us!” Logan teased.

“Maybe...Michael?” Taylor asked with a small smirk.

“Michael,” Mackenzie whispered.

“What about Michael?” Reece mused.

Mackenzie giggled.

“He’s really nice, he’s really sweet, he’s really funny and he’s reeeeally pretty,” Mackenzie slurred.

“Pretty huh? You like him or something?” Logan grinned.

Mackenzie’s eyes went wide, but a small smile slipped onto her lips.

“I do. I do, I do, I do. But I can’t,” Mackenzie whispered loudly.

“Why not?” Taylor frowned.

“Because everyone will end up like Joseph. Every boy I like will be like him and I can’t do that. I don’t want that again,” Mackenzie said sadly.

“But what if Michael wasn’t like that?” Logan said softly.

“But...”

“Just what if?” Logan interrupted.

Mackenzie appeared to think for a minute, swaying slightly.

“I...I don’t know. But I like him. I liked our kiss and I want to kiss him again. I like him, but I’m scared,” Mackenzie said slowly.

“Thank you,”


The video cut out there, and I nervously cast my eyes at Mackenzie. I gulped as I realised her eyes were still wide and her hands were still clenched, but it was all in anger. She was shaking in anger.

“I can’t believe you,” she hissed.

“Mack...” Taylor winced.

Mackenzie slammed her hands on the table, standing up.

“I can’t believe any of you! You purposely got me drunk just to get me to spurt some bullshit?!” Mackenzie snarled.

“Mack, you know it isn’t bullshit,” I said firmly.

Mackenzie just shook her head.

“If I didn’t have a daughter to support, I would be out of here,” Mackenzie spat.

“Mack,” Logan frowned.

“No. You guys lied to me and betrayed my trust. You know why I guard my heart, and then you do this to me? All you’re getting from me now is rehearsals and gigs, nothing else. You’re meant to be my friends,” Mackenzie sneered.

Tears filled my eyes as she stormed into the bunk area, drawing the curtain divider closed.

“Fuck,” Reece groaned.

“She really means it, doesn’t she?” Taylor whimpered.

“She’s got to come back. Mack’s our girl!” Logan said desperately.

“I don’t know if she will,” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, uh, dramatic much?
Mack felt betrayed, and her friends are only trying to help - this can't turn out good, can it?

Comments please!
xo