Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Switch.

[JC Morel]

Today is the show in Knoxville, Tennessee, and me, Logan and Reece have just walked on stage, only to notice that Mackenzie wasn’t with us. Hell, we haven’t seen her for a few hours now. I’m a bit worried if I’m honest, but I can’t really do much about it now, can I? But when Sisky walked on and stood in Mackenzie’s place, I frowned.

“How are you doing tonight Knoxville?” Sisky called.

The crowd screamed and cheered. Sisky just grinned.

“Well I’m sorry to announce that Miss Mackenzie will not be joining the rest of Never Regret on stage tonight, and you’ll have to deal with me instead,” Sisky said with a smile.

As the crowd screamed and cheered again, I walked over to Sisky, as did Logan and Reece.

“What the fuck is going on?” Logan hissed away from the microphone.

“Chill out, nothing’s wrong,” Sisky chuckled.

“Where’s Mack? Why isn’t she playing?” Reece demanded quietly.

“There’s nothing wrong with her. She just won’t be playing with you guys tonight,” Sisky said innocently.

Reece grunted but walked back over to his drumset. Logan walked back to his microphone but I stayed put.

“You’ve been hanging out with Mackenzie all day. What are you two playing at?” I asked, concerned.

“Nothing! Let’s play!” Sisky shrugged.

I narrowed my eyes but nodded, walking back over to my microphone. As Logan spoke to the audience, I glanced to my right, seeing Chizzy, Pete, William and Gabe all looked as confused as I felt. Damn, so only Sisky knows what’s going on. All I can hope is that it won’t be bad!

*

[Mackenzie Wilmot]

I giggled as Adam stepped into the storage room, a big grin on his face. Great, so our prank was working. See, we’d decided to shuffle things round a bit tonight, by him playing with my band and me playing with his band. Yes, we really were that bored during the day. I knew Michael was a bit miffed that I didn’t see him at all today, but I’ve been learning all the bass parts to the TAI set list. I think I’ve got them all now, so this should be okay. It’s only a bit of fun and we do have less than a month left on the tour now, so why not!

“Fuck, I thought your boys would never stop interrogating me!” Adam groaned playfully.

“Did any of them guess?” I mused.

“Nope. So this should work out perfectly!” Adam giggled.

We high-fived, grinning as we heard the Cobra Starship set come to an end. It’s show time.

“I’ll go out and check the coast is clear. When they’ve gone on stage, I’ll run back and get you,” Adam announced..

“Sure thing,” I nodded

As he left the room, I stood up and straightened my clothes. Tonight I’m wearing a lacy-black cami top, neon green skinny jeans, flowery black Doc Martens, three sets of green earrings, a green belly barbell, black pencil and liquid eyeliner and my normal Monroe stud and lip ring. My hair is also teased and backcombed to its usual stage height. Then Adam opened the door and nodded eagerly, so I ran out of the room and over to the stage. One of the roadies handed me my bass (we told the roadies about our prank), and I slipped it over my head. With a deep breath, I calmly strolled out onto the stage.

“Uh...” William hesitated into his microphone.

I grinned and stepped up to Michael’s microphone. He just looked shocked.

“Evening everyone! As some of you might have figured out, Sisky Business and I are having a little fun tonight...and it looks like our prank worked!” I grinned.

The crowd laughed, whooped and cheered as TAI looked dumbfounded.

“Let’s get this party started!” I hollered.

William seemed to snap out of it and nodded to Andy behind his drums.

“You had me really worried, you know that?” Michael whispered in my ear.

“Aww bless,” I teased.

Michael blushed and nudged me with his hip.

“Alright Knoxville, this is About A Girl!” William announced.

Andy tapped us in, and me, Mike, Michael and Andy started playing. After the short introduction, William stepped up to his microphone.

“One song about a girl,
Can't breathe when I'm around her,
I wait here everyday,
In case she'll scratch the surface,
She'll never notice...

I'm not in love,
This is not my heart,
I'm not gonna waste these words,
About a girl.

Last night, I knew what to say,
But you weren't there to hear it,
These lines, so well rehearsed,
Tongue-tied and overloaded,
You never notice.

I'm not in love,
This is not my heart,
I'm not gonna waste these words,
About a girl.

To be loved, to be loved,
What more could you ask for?
To be loved, to be loved,
Everyone wants to be loved, to be loved,
What more could you ask for?
To be loved, to be loved,
Everyone.

I'm not in love,
This is not my heart,
I'm not gonna waste these words,
About a girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mackenzie on stage

Yes, this was a total filler. But I needed a light-hearted one before all the drama I'm going to throw at you in the next 5 parts!Which are, sadly, the LAST five parts.
So get your comments in while you still can!


I feel really stupid now. I just looked at the plan I made for Never Regret only to see that I have in fact 10 chapters left. So sorry! Still comment though please!

xo